Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Kerbal Space Industries Hyomoto's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Welcome to Kerbal Space Industries
    We believe in making a better tomorrow for all Kerbal kind. Check out our selection of products and see if anything fits your needs!

KSI News
    KSI MFD 1.2 - Small update, but should hit all the right notes. First up, native VesselView support. If you are using VesselView, delete the patch for my configuration or it will probably cause problems. Next, a few usability improvements such as minor text revision and I defaulted CAM to the docking page, as well as cleaned up the pages. Lastly, I noticed there are a bunch of areas of the menus that don't match, such as different version numbers, alternate color schemes, varying overlays (or lack thereof) and just general inconsistency. So I've gone over and hopefully cleaned up most of that to provide a more consistent user experience. Lastly, many users have built their own custom variations on my interface, and using some of the latest options in RPM I hope to have made this a bit easier. The menu overlays are now in menuOverlay, menuOverlayBase, and menuOverlayTarget exclusively. This means you don't have to fiddle with graphics files to delete/add/change the menu header anymore. For this reason, if you use the black interface, you also need to update that as the graphics will be screwy.

KSO users attention! Either use the bundled version of KSI MFD, or apply this patch after updating!

Multi-Function Display for RPM
    RasterPropMonitor is an amazing piece of tech, but the example prop is more to show it off than to actually assist you with your missions. Kerbal Space Industries' Multi-Function Display provides many quality of life improvements, its ultimate goal enabling IVA missions without map or HUD. The display comprises five major menus accessible from any other screen and cleanly provides such contextual information and features as takeoff and landing, staging, and docking cam assistants. Check out the Kerpollo video or KSI MFD Tutorial to see it in action!

Installation:
    Install RasterPropMonitor by Mihara. DESIGNED FOR V0.15+. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH 0.14
    Drop it into your GameData folder like you would any other mod. Note, like RPM, the KSI MFD expects to be installed at the GameData root, failure to do so WILL cause it to function improperly.

I use module manager 1.5.6 to replace example props on ANY interior using them, up to eleven (a limitation of MM). If you have changed/replaced the example prop, it may cause issues with installation. To uninstall simply delete my folder.

Download from Dropbox.

MFD Skins
    Black Interface from Dropbox.

Fan Edits
    Super Hyomoto MDF by WaRi

Wouldn't it be nice to use the same template I used?
    KSI MFD Interface PSD

Aerospace Parts
    KSI is a leader in Kerbal Space Innovation and we want to prove it! Seeing a distinct lack of aerodynamically sound transmission devices, our engineers set out to create one! Right now this pack only contains a single part, the UHF Blade Antenna. Also comes with the Kerbal Space Industries and Kerbal Space Initiative flags. Show your Kerbal Space Pride and be practical doing it!

Installation:
    Simply drag and drop in your KSP folder, to remove delete Hyomto/Parts

Download from Dropbox.

Changes:
    Code:
    Changelog for KSI MFD :

* 1.2 :
     - VesselView support.
     - Menus are now in menuOverlay.txt.
     - More theming consistency .
     - Minor usability improvements.
     - Removal of unused assets.

* 1.1f :
     - Apparently the last fix messed up the values it was meant to correct.
     - Monopropellant was showing liquid fuel percentage.

* 1.1e :
     - Surface speed and orbital speed were swapped on the takeoff assistant.

* 1.1d :
     - Linux compatibility
     - Patches now in Hyomoto/Patches
     - Pages now in Hyomoto/MFD/pages
     - Fixed FLT pages not going to PFD when 1 is pressed
     - Fixed NFO pages not going to ALT when 3 is pressed
     - SmartASS should respond to BACK and TOP, a temporary fix.  You must press PLUGN to return to the top menu now, instead of BACK.
     - ScanSat should SWAP when 0 is pressed
     - New black interface skin (optional download)
    Bug Reports and Commenting:
    I figured I should write this somewhere, but it takes me a while to write a post, and then I usually notice sentence structure or word use I don't like and may edit. So there's a good chance that if I missed your report, ignored your comment, or was ambiguous, that if you wait a little while that there's a good chance it will not be that way afterwards.

Skinning KSI MFD:
    I've tried to make this a simple process for anyone interested. If you make changes to the base config and distribute it, they'll be overwritten when/if I or someone else updates the files. I've put together a basic example skin for you to take a look at. You can use module manager to make any configuration changes you need, and you can overwrite/add images to do this. Ideally copy this format, that way it should be a simple drag and drop procedure to change or update a skin. Make changes to the MFD using KSI-MFD-INTF-patch.cfg and replace or add images to the image folder. Reverting to the default skin requires deleting the patch and reverting the images folder.

Future Plans:
    Add appropriate 'spaceplane/aircraft' mode of operation to MFD.
    Add in support for RasterPropMonitorComputer to MFD.
    Development build for MFD utilizing development RPM features.
    Additional antenna shapes and sizes for aerospace parts.

MFD Plugin Functionality:
    RasterPropMonitor supports plugin functionality for other mods. Right now, KSI MFD supports the MechJebRPM and ScanSATRPM plugins provided by Mihara, as well as the VesselView by PeteTimesSix. These can both be found under the MOD menu. If you do not have them installed, or their accompanying mods, you will get an "Application not installed." message.

Credits:
    Mihara for RasterPropMonitor, and alexustas for the example prop model.
    Module Manager (by sarbian, based on ialdabaoth's work).
    Last edited by Hyomoto; 26th April 2014 at 16:18.
    0.23.5 Career Accomplishments

Current Mission: Grave Robber - the KRA attempts to undercut KSI financing via a rogue trip to Duna!

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

Junior Rocket Scientist
    If I am understanding this correctly, does that add more specific information to the RPM modules? I have watched the video and it was beautiful btw. I am still new to RPM and I havent really done extensive testing but I am happy to try a new thing as well as try a new thing that makes new things better!
    "Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletrhli View Post
    If I am understanding this correctly, does that add more specific information to the RPM modules? I have watched the video and it was beautiful btw. I am still new to RPM and I havent really done extensive testing but I am happy to try a new thing as well as try a new thing that makes new things better!
    Simply put, yes. I've tried to reduce information overload, instead of giving you all information at all times, its designed to give you the information you need when you need it, as well as make it easily accessible. For instance, instead of pressing '7' repeatedly to cycle through cameras in the example prop, the KSI MFD simply requires you press CAM and then the number of the camera you want. You can then freely switch between any that are available.

Let me know if you have any troubles or questions, and happy flying!

Current Mission: Grave Robber - the KRA attempts to undercut KSI financing via a rogue trip to Duna!

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

Junior Rocket Scientist
    Simplicity at its finest. I appreciate this Hyomoto. I will play around with it and share my thoughts in the near future.

Edit: I noticed something strange. In the GPS menu, it says KSI MFD v0.2 whereas everything else is v1

Also, since it has GPS, does that require a mod like remote tech or the gps mod?
    Last edited by bulletrhli; 15th January 2014 at 23:11.
    "Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong.

Simplicity at its finest. I appreciate this Hyomoto. I will play around with it and share my thoughts in the near future.

Edit: I noticed something strange. In the GPS menu, it says KSI MFD v0.2 whereas everything else is v1

Also, since it has GPS, does that require a mod like remote tech or the gps mod?
    I have ScanSat installed which works with this.

Spacecraft Engineer
    This is absolutely wonderful Hyo.

Junior Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivaii View Post
    I have ScanSat installed which works with this.
    Thanks, I wonder if it works across all the satellite styled mods. I'll definitely take a look when I am home.

Thanks, I wonder if it works across all the satellite styled mods. I'll definitely take a look when I am home.
    It doesn't. SCANsatRPM module only supports SCANsat. It is possible to have RPM select between which-plugin-works-today, but there is basically nothing else to support in terms of planetary mapping, ISA MapSat is essentially defunct.

Blog Entries

That's ... basically a typo. The reason being that the GPS menu isn't finished yet, (apparently I haven't touched it in a while ) I haven't gotten around to writing the entire thing yet. As of now it gives you basic ScanSAT functionality when you choose the GPS tab, under the GPS menu (confusing, perfect!). I have the intention of providing a proper GPS (that doesn't rely on ScanSAT) but it hasn't come up yet.

But yeah, that is a typo I missed, I'll make sure it gets fixed in the next version.

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

Junior Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyomoto View Post
    That's ... basically a typo. The reason being that the GPS menu isn't finished yet, (apparently I haven't touched it in a while ) I haven't gotten around to writing the entire thing yet. As of now it gives you basic ScanSAT functionality when you choose the GPS tab, under the GPS menu (confusing, perfect!). I have the intention of providing a proper GPS (that doesn't rely on ScanSAT) but it hasn't come up yet.

But yeah, that is a typo I missed, I'll make sure it gets fixed in the next version.
    It is something so minor but it definitely pops out after all the work to get to the GPS Maybe you could add a little text bit while you don't have your own GPS that say a plugin for gps is missing like ScanSat or something. Or, instead, put it in the readme so people can reference that should they not understand why it says NO GPS!!!! (basically, anyways).