kerbal individual merits
current version: 0.8.6-1370
Sometimes it's hard to choose a kerbal for a mission because they are all the same... well, they differ in courage and stupidity but they have no history, no personal merits they have achieved. Do you remember who was the first kerbal in space? No? Ok, who was the first kerbal on Mun? Still no idea?
The Final Frontier plugin will handle this for you. Each kerbal will get ribbons for extraordinary merits. And the number of missions flown (i.e. vessel recovered), total mission time and total EVA time is recorded, too.
Alternative: Curse (may not be the latest version)
If you are using version before 0.8.x please do not install other mods that writes to the persistent file, after you have started your game/career. If you do, you will lose all achieved ribbons!
There are no issues in installing mods that are adding just parts.
In this release a check for old savegames is done at startup . You have the opportunity to convert some or all of your saves. Keep in mind: If you do not convert a game, you will lose all ribbons if you start the game!
Planet Packs (for use in 0.6.0 or later):
(Screenshot of my development copy and not from a real game)
To open the Final Frontier Hall of Fame window just click on the button labeled "FF" in the toolbar or press LEFTALT-F (hardcoded at the moment, so it's not assignable to another key). If you are using the stock toolbar you will find some kind of award icon.
To browse all available ribbons just press the "Ribbons" button on the right of the hall of fame.
Currently the following ribbons are awarded to kerbals:
- Orbit around a celestial body (including Kerbin)
- Landing on a celestial body (including Kerbin – kerbals do reward even simple tasks, because most of the time they fail...)
- EVA in around a celestial body without a stable orbit (including Kerbin)
- EVA in an orbit around a celestial body (including Kerbin)
- EVA on a celestial body (including Kerbin – let's hope they will survive...)
- Docking around a celestial body (including Kerbin)
- Collision in a vessel
- Dangerous EVA while not on ground and not in a stable orbit
- Get into a Kerbin orbit in less than 200, 150 or 120 seconds
- Accumulated mission time of at least 5, 20, 50, 100, 500, 2000 or 5000 days (20, 80, 200, 400, 2000 or 20000 kerbin days)
- A return from single mission that lasted for at least 20, 50, 125, 500 oe 2000 days (80, 200, 500, 2000, or 8000 kerbin days)
- At least 5, 20 or 50 missions flown (i.e. vessel recovered)
- Done a splashdown landing
- First kerbal in space
- A ribbon for entering the sphere of influence of a celestial body (new in 0.2.2)
- Planting flags on celestial bodies
- Launching with solid fuel boosters of 10%, 20%, or 30% ship mass
- Achieved gee-force of 3, 4, 5, 6,..., 17 or 18 g
- Entering the deep athmosphere of Jool
- Orbiting the Sun at half or less the distance of Moho
- Moving a vehicle (hopefully a rover) on the surface of a celestial body
- Crew member of a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 20000 or 4000 tons
- Launching a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (!) tons
- Landing a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (puh!) tons
- Ribbons for 1h, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h, 48h, 96h and 192h in EVA
- Ribbons for flying a vessel at Mach 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15 below 20,000m in Kerbin atmosphere (0.4.1 and later)
- Ribbons for EVA Endurance, i.e. a single EVA of at least 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 or 300 minutes.
- Ribbons for entering atmosphere of Eve, Duna, Jool,...
- A Ribbon for entering the sphere of influence of all celestial bodies (Grant Tour ribbon)
- A Ribbon for entering the sphere of influence of all moons of Jool (Jool Tour ribbon)
- Ribbons for completing contracts
- Ribbons achieving research (while in a mission)
- Ribbons for first completed mission as an engineer, pilot or scientist
More than 450 ribbons in total!
If a kerbal is the first one rewarded with a celestial ribbon, he will get the "First kerbal" ribbon of that kind (for example "First kerbal in orbit around Kerbin ").
Some ribbons replace some others when earned. For example: The ribbon for EVA in an orbit around a celestial body replaces the ribbon for EVA around the same body without a stable orbit. The ribbon for 20 missions flown replaces the ribbon for 5 missions, etc.
A tooltip gives a short description for each awarded ribbon.
The ribbon graphics are inspired by the ribbons created by Unistrut (view this thread).
But unfortunately I still do not have his permission to include his ribbon graphics into Final Frontier so I have created my own set of ribbons. They are using the same color and sometimes similar graphics (so they will look similar). If Unistrut will give his permission to use his ribbons, I will include them in a modified form with better graphics than mine.
Some of the custom ribbons are created by SmarterThanMe and nothke and are used with their permission.
Update: I finally got the permission to use the ribbons from Unistrut.
But why is it called "Final Frontier"?
Well, I'm quite surprised that nobody is asking, but I will try to explain it anyway. I was thinking about this plugin since the personal achievement mod by blizzy78. I liked the idea in general but in a sandbox game achievements for the player doesn't mean to much to me (but this is a personal opinion of course). Unfortunately I'm a Java/C++ programmer and C# is quite new for me, so time and missing skills/experience delayed the implementation until the first days of 2014. Then I decided to give it a try and created a small C# project for testing/learning the basics. The first decision to made was the name of the project. I do not exactly remember how I get the idea for the name, but I searched a bit in Youtube, Google and well, perhaps there was a replay of Star Trek in TV. I really don't know how I got the name, but I created a project "Final Frontier" and so it begun. And I don't like to change the name of a project afterwards without a specific reason.
Important! Please read if you have trouble with Final Frontier.
Just unzip the archive into the KSP folder. Don't move the FinalFrontier folder, it should be nested in the folder GameData/Nereid. If you are already using the toolbar you don't have to extract the toolbar folder.
Do not change the installation path! Final Frontier must reside under GameData/Nereid
Final Frontier should be compatible with most mods. There is one important exclusion from this rule:
Mods that are changing names of celestial bodies or add new celestial bodies will cause trouble.All releases from 0.6.0 and later can handle the altering of celestial bodies. There is still one exclusion: All celestial bodies must have unique names. To get ribbons for new celestial bodies, you must install a planet pack (see above).
Different EVA times.
- hopefully the lags in the config window are gone
- 32 new ribbons:
Closer Sun Orbit Ribbon: for establishing an orbit between Sun and Moho at half or less of the orbit of Moho (a regular and a first-kerbal ribbon)
Rover Drive Ribbon: for moving a vehilce (hopefully driving a rover) on the surface of a celestial body (30 ribbons, a regular and a first-kerbal ribbon for each celestial body excluding Sun and Jool)
- a revocation of a ribbon wasn't permanent. fixed.
- 21 new ribbons:
Crew member of a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 20000 or 4000 tons
Launching a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (!) tons
Landing a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (puh!) tons
- Code for Closer Solar Orbit fixed
- Persistent filtering in the hall of fame depending on scene (Flight, Space Center, ...)
- Hall of fame sortable; persistent depending on scene
- Ingame Code-Browser
- Tracking of time spent in EVA
- 8 new ribbons for 1h, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h, 48h, 96h and 192h in EVA
- Size of ribbon display in Decoration Board adjusted
- Redesign of code
- 8 new ribbons for accelerating to Mach 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15 below 25.000m in Kerbin atmosphere
- FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research) optional [http://nereid42.de/FinalFrontier/Fin...rFAR.zip](with Package FinalFrontierFAR.zip)
- No more Mach ribbons just for EVA
- Mach ribbons starts with Mach 1 now.
- Mach ribbons only take horizontal speed into account.
- No more First in Space ribbons by doing just EVA on Kerbin
- Name of First in Space ribbon corrected
- No more ribbons that were achieved as first-achievements before (e.g. Orbit Ribbon when a kerbal has gotten the First Orbit Ribbon).
- First Kerbin in Space ribbon now awarded, when atmosphere was leaved without establishing a stable orbit (around 70,000km altitude).
- New ribbons for EVA Endurance, i.e. a single EVA of at least 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 or 300 minutes.
- The mod keeps internal track of EVA in atmosphere (with or without oxygen) or zero atmosphere now for later usage.
- Fixed a bug that shows an incorrect roster status in the hall of fame after a vessel was recovered.
- No multiple Heavy vehicle ribbons, but instead a single one for every category "crew member", "launch", "landing".
- New ribbons for entering atmosphere of Eve, Duna, Jool,...
- New optional mission summary window. If you dont want it, just uncheck the toggle at the bottom of the new window.
- First Kerbin in Space ribbon fixed; was not awarded in every situation before.
- Fixed detection of max sustained gee force.
- Fixed a very nasty bug, that causes windows to disappear forever, if they were right-clicked at Space Center.
- FF now visible in the toolbar while in SPH
- Ribbons that are awarded when a vessel is recovered are now shown in the mission summary
- Minor bug fixes.
- TextureCompression.cfg; FF-icon and ribbons are visible again.
- Compiled against .NET 3.5. Just to get rid of the warnings in the log file
- 0.4.20: Ribbon graphics for Dres fixed.
- 0.5.1: KSP 0.24.0 compatibility
- Most recent toolbar included
- New ribbons: Grant Tour and Jool Tour
- Typos fixed
- Fixed Mach 10 ribbon on splashdown bug
- Fixed Fast Orbit ribbons
- Deleting ribbon graphics will disable a ribbon
- Most recent toolbar included
- No more FARAdapter.dll
- 0.5.5: Minor bugfixes to improve mod compatibility
- SOI ribbons fixed
- New gee force ribbons (up to 14 g)
- Gee force ribbons awarded after 3 seconds of sustained gee force.
- New custom ribbons by helldiver
- Some changes to improve 64 bit compatibility
- 0.5.6b: new toolbar mod included
- KSP-AVC support
- Version scheme changed (KSP-AVC scheme)
- Dragable mission summary
- Optional stock toolbar button
- 0.5.8-159: minor fixes (stock toolbar)
- 0.5.9-177: configurable backup interval (default one backup per day)
- 0.5.10-178: recompiled against 0.90
- data stored in KSP persistence file; halloffame.ksp now obsolete
- science and number of completed contracts now tracked for each kerbal
- 13 new ribbons (science, contracts)
- specialist and skills displayed (optional)
- new gauges for first mission as a specialist
- new gee force ribbons
- 0.5.14-304: Hotfix for corrupted window titles
- 0.5.15-308: Hotfix for failed import
- 0.5.16-317: blizzys-toolbar 1.7.8 included
- 0.6.1-604: several bugs fixed; support for planet packs
0.6.3-681: quickload bug fixed. major bugfix, please update ASAP.this release is broken please dont install!
- 0.6.4-689: fix for broken 0.6.3-681
- 0.6.5-697: minor fix
- 0.7.4-870: KSP 1.0 compatibility
- 0.7.5-933: KSP 1.01 compatibility (incompatible with KSP 1.0)
- 0.7.6-949: KSP 1.0.2 compatible, no more tourists in hall of fame
- 0.7.7-956: fix for undetected vessel launches
- 0.7.8-969: fix for undetected vessel launches if vessel is aircraft or rover
- 0.7.9-972: fix for non resumable games
- 0.7.12-985: some minor fixes; no more dangerous EVA ribbons for EVA in water; new EVA in water ribbon
- 0.7.14-1042: Fix for ghost ribbons in fresh games
- 0.7.15-1047: Fix for missing button in blizzys toolbar
- 0.8.1-1282: Fix for lost ribbons bug
- 0.8.2-1285: minor bugs fixed
- 0.8.6-1370: fix for Contract Configurator compatibiliy
The plugin is currently in some kind of
alphabeta stage. It works – at least I think it will work. But bugs may occur and don't try this plugin in a current game without a backup. And it its my first project in C#, so don't expect to much from the code .
Kerbals are identified by their names. So don't add kerbals with the same name or Final Frontier will get confused.
The plugin takes use of System.IO to store its data in the corresponding save-folder of a game. For example: If your game is called "MyGame", Final Frontier will store its data in <KSP-Install-Folder>/saves/MyGame/halloffame.ksp". It stores a configuration file in the GameData folder of KSP (version 0.3.5 or later). Release 0.8.x will do a scan for old save games in the saves folder and converts them upon permission by the user. There are no other write operations anywhere on the system.
Source is included in the zip archive.
Final Frontier uses the toolbar created by blizzy78, see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...uttons-toolbar. If you don't like the toolbar or just want to use the stock toolbar for Final Frontier, don't extract the folder 000_Toolbar from the archive or disable the use of blizzys toolbar in the configuration dialog of Final Frontier.
Ike and dres ribbons are the same.(fixed in 0.4.20)
Decoupling in orbit, leaving orbit and immediatly returning into orbit give Fast Orbit Ribbon(fixed in 0.5.4)
A splashdown landing in water give Mach 10 Ribbon(fixed in 0.5.4)
Typo" Grant Tour" instead of "Grand Tour"(fixed in 0.5.4)
SOI ribbons (and maybe others too) are not awarded when in time acceleration(fixed in 0.5.6)
- Gee force ribbons don't work as intended if crew is changed in flight (still suspicious)
Closer solar orbit ribbons don't work (fixed in 0.6.0)
quickload may cause loss of ribbons (fixed in 0.6.3)
Ribbons may get lost, after installing new mods(fixed in 0.8.1-1282)
Kerbals may get cloned(fixed in 0.8.3-1361)