Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add an option to disable specific ribbons

22 38.60%
  • Add compatibility to mods that add/change celestial bodies

35 61.40%
Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.24.2] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 0.5.6b

This is definitely a kind of system that Squad should look into, a way to get us a bit more invested in our Kerbalnauts

Professional Lithobraker CalculusWarrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jfull View Post
    This is definitely a kind of system that Squad should look into, a way to get us a bit more invested in our Kerbalnauts
    I agree, I'm far more interested in my kerbals now; I'm a lot more careful to bring them home safely.

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer
    I am definitely intrigued by this mod, looking forward to the finished (or somewhat finished) version
    Success to laugh often and much;
    To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
    To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
    To appreciate beauty, To find the best in others;
    To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
    This is to have succeeded.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this idea! I have been keeping track of my crew and their missions and ships in a spread sheet, and I was wondering if you could also track the name of the vessel you recovered them from as well?

"Jeb - 3 missions - Kerpollo 4, STS-3, STS-6," Ect.

I did some more testing, seems I was mistaken about the focus change, it is indeed recovery only.

Double (and Triple) First Kerbil in Space Ribbons.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...A8D2DA8688C01/

To recreate, I made a new sandbox game, and launched the Kerbal X (stock) into orbit, all 3 kerbals received the First to orbit ribbon. (just 1)

After sending bill on the first EVA (and receiving the proper ribbon) he again earned a first Kerbil in space ribbon, when he boarded the ship, all 3 kerbils obtained the first in space ribbon again, for the 2nd and 3rd awards.

Sending the same 3 Kerbals into space again, added a 4th (and 3rd) First into space ribbon, with a 5th and 6th (and 4th), added when bill did another EVA.

Sending 3 different Kerbals into space again, they all received the First in space ribbon as well, but, did not obtain the ribbon until orbit was achieved (or at least sometime between 70k alt, and my circularization burn as they didn't have it at 70k) with the same EVA ribbon giving behaviour

All other ribbons seems to be given out properly (that I have tested)
    Last edited by Nachocuban; 26th January 2014 at 22:58. Reason: return to space

An idea - maybe add a rank system. A certain number of flight hours, certain ribbons. Different capsules could require different ranks. Only Commander Jeb could use the mk2 lander can, for instance, or only Ensigns can be assigned to the laboratory, so eg 20 flight hours and a completed orbit for Ensign. You can't just pull a green (har) recruit off the complex.

Perhaps kerbals have to earn some time in aircraft before they can qualify for certain ranks..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnonymous View Post
    There something wrong installing it, it says that something was removed from the toolbar folder even though I didn't even touch it. Im really interested in this but its not working. Help?
    I'm at work at the moment, but just an idea: install the updated version from the toolbar and dont extract it from the FF-archive. And can you give me a list of all files in your toolbar folder?

Very nice! Will definitely try this mod out in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnonymous View Post
    There something wrong installing it, it says that something was removed from the toolbar folder even though I didn't even touch it. Im really interested in this but its not working. Help?
    When it "says" so, please make a screenshot and post it here.
    Flattr me if you like
    anything I did or wrote:
    Toolbar - flexible buttons toolbar
    Voice Commander - control crafts with your voice
    Achievements - earn achievements while playing
    Precise Node - precisely edit your maneuver nodes
    Ambient Light Adjustment - who needs lights in space?!
    Internet Relay Chat (IRC) - chat while playing
    Interactive in-game tutorial plugins: Docking / Rendezvous / Moon Travel
    Online engine cluster calculator

This sounds great, I'll surely try it. Just an idea - would it be possible to insert it into the Astonaut Complex scene instead of having a separate FF window?