This is a minimalist plugin that allows to adjust the ambient lighting on the fly in the flight scene. This should come in handy when you can't see your docking ports because you forgot to bring lights. It should also be useful to Youtubers and streamers that want to brighten things up a bit for their viewers.
This plugin requires the Toolbar Plugin version >=1.7.0 (bundled with the download.)
Download Ambient Light Adjustment Plugin 1.2.0
Source code: https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_ambient_light
(The Ambient Light Adjustment Plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL v3.)
How to Use
You have two settings you can toggle between.
- To adjust the ambient lighting in the current setting, click on the toolbar button to open the slider. Then drag the knob of the slider around. Click the toolbar button again to hide the slider.
- To reset the ambient lighting in the current setting to KSP default levels, right-click the toolbar button.
- To switch to the second setting, click the toolbar button using the middle mouse button. Each time you click using the middle mouse button, you toggle between those two settings.
Both settings are persisted between scene changes and KSP restarts.
The plugin makes a check against http://blizzy.de/ambient-light/version.txt to see if a new version is available. No information is sent.
- The plugin now also works in the tracking station.
- The slider will now auto-hide automatically after a few seconds of inactivity.
- The toolbar button is now only accessible in the relevant game scenes rather
than all game scenes.
- The plugin now does an automatic update check, and also gets KSP versions from
the update check server. In case the currently running KSP version is one of
those versions, the plugin will not complain about being incompatible with this
KSP version. This saves both players' and the plugin author's time.
- Updated for KSP 0.24.2 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.6 (included.)
- Updated for KSP 0.24.1 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.5 (included.)
- Updated for KSP 0.24.0 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.4 (included.)
- Added the ability to toggle between the current and the previous setting by
clicking the toolbar button using the middle mouse button.
- Both settings are now persisted between scene changes and KSP restarts.
- Initial public release.