With kind permission of @blizzy78 , and continuing on from his excellent work, I've taken on this plugin which is otherwise essentially the same as before
This is a minimalist plugin that allows to adjust the ambient lighting on the fly in the flight scene. This should come in handy when you can't see your docking ports because you forgot to bring lights. It should also be useful to Youtubers and streamers that want to brighten things up a bit for their viewers.
This plugin requires the Toolbar Plugin version >=1.7.0 (no longer bundled with the download - don't forget to grab it separately or this plugin can't do its thing!)
How to Use
You have two settings you can toggle between.
- To adjust the ambient lighting in the current setting, click on the toolbar button to open the slider. Then drag the knob of the slider around. Click the toolbar button again to hide the slider.
- To reset the ambient lighting in the current setting to KSP default levels, right-click the toolbar button.
- To switch to the second setting, click the toolbar button using the middle mouse button. Each time you click using the middle mouse button, you toggle between those two settings.
Both settings are persisted between scene changes and KSP restarts.
Download Ambient Light Adjustment Plugin :-
Source code on GitHub: https://github.com/timmersuk/ksp_ambient_light
This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.
- 18.104.22.168 - Fixed incorrect mod name in AVC version file.
- 22.214.171.124 - Switched to timmersuk fork - Updated for 0.90.0 - Switched to KSP-AVC/mini-avc for versioning - no longer retrieves current version from blizzy.de
- 1.2.0, 2014-08-21 - The plugin now also works in the tracking station. - The slider will now auto-hide automatically after a few seconds of inactivity. - The toolbar button is now only accessible in the relevant game scenes rather than all game scenes.
- 1.1.3, 2014-07-27 - The plugin now does an automatic update check, and also gets KSP versions from the update check server. In case the currently running KSP version is one of those versions, the plugin will not complain about being incompatible with this KSP version. This saves both players' and the plugin author's time. - Updated for KSP 0.24.2 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.6 (included.)
- 1.1.2, 2014-07-18 - Updated for KSP 0.24.1 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.5 (included.)
- 1.1.1, 2014-07-18 - Updated for KSP 0.24.0 and Toolbar Plugin 1.7.4 (included.)
- 1.1.0, 2014-03-06 - Added the ability to toggle between the current and the previous setting by clicking the toolbar button using the middle mouse button. - Both settings are now persisted between scene changes and KSP restarts.
- 1.0.0, 2014-03-05 - Initial public release.
The Ambient Light Adjustment plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL v3.