Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.25] ScienceAlert 1.8rc1: Experiment availability feedback (October 20)

[0.25] ScienceAlert 1.8rc1: Experiment availability feedback (October 20)

When is is it time for science? Who knows! The game provides no feedback when you've crossed a biome barrier, a new crew report is available or when you've forgotten to run a goo experiment. Wouldn't it be cool to stop guessing?

What it does:

Features:
    • Audio and visual cue when science is available
    • Configurable science filters for experiments
    • Configurable option to stop warp when an experiment becomes available
    • science threshold to ignore low value reports
    • SCANsat v6.1+ support! Optional SCANsat integration
    • Stock toolbar support

Installation & Usage
    Download the plugin and extract in your KSP directory like any mod.

Actual use in-game is simple. When the button is lit, at least one experiment onboard matches your criteria. If the flask is animating, then a new experiment just became available (animation will stop when you have viewed the new experiment list). There are lots of per-experiment settings to choose from.

SCANsat support (6.1 minimum)

What is this assume onboard thing (if you have other mods which add experiments)?

Some science plugins don't inherit from ModuleScienceExperiment like all of the stock experiments do, instead implementing their own versions. ScienceAlert won't detect them automatically, but if they contain an experiment without any special conditions other than the stock situation and biome mask you can enable the "assume onboard" option and ScienceAlert will check for their science availability anyway.
    Temporarily disabled

Known Bugs:

• if you transmit science report(s) using a transmitter's action menu, the reports queued for it won't be taken into account until transmission is complete
    • [not a bug] Available experiments and report values may suddenly change when going on EVA. This is because your Kerbal may be in a different "situation" -- for example, sitting on the pad might trigger an EVA alert for LaunchPad but you go on EVA and the alert stops. This is because your the game counts the Kerbal to be "flying" while holding onto a ladder while in the air.

Installation:

Download 1.8rc1

Please Note: I consider this to be a release candidate since there have been some large changes under the hood and it has received less testing than other versions. I highly recommend you back up your save before installing.

Other:
    This plugin is licensed under GPLv3. Source is available

Changelog:
    1.8rc1 (October 20)
    • Updated for KSP 0.25
    • Draggable, pinnable windows
    • Per-vessel settings via profiles
    • Lots of small bugfixes and improvements

1.7.1 (July 24)
    • Updated for KSP 0.24.1
    • Removed some debug code that was accidentally left in

1.7 (July 22)
    • Updated for KSP 0.24
    • Added feature: Application Launcher support (and enabled by default)
    • Added feature: Blizzy's toolbar made optional
    • Added feature: (optional) EVA report always listed first
    • Added feature: (optional) Re-open experiment list when going on EVA
    • Added feature: (optional) Surface samples can be tracked from in-vessel
    • Added feature: (optional) Experiment list can display current biome
    • Bugfix: ScienceAlert GUI windows should now do much less flickering
    • Update: SCANsat interface updated to support 6.1; 6.1+ is now required for SCANsat integration
    • Note: Per-sound settings removed
    • Note: Lots of refactoring went on

1.6 (July 10)
    • New feature: SCANsat integration
    • Fixed an issue where alerts could appear for experiments worth no science
    • Biome map filter could, in rare circumstances, return an incorrect result
    • ScienceAlert should no longer stop reporting science in some circumstances while switching vessels
    • Fixed an issue that caused KeyNotFound exceptions to spam the game, degrading performance

1.5 (April 26)

• New feature added: science report threshold to ignore reports worth less than specified value
    • Fixed a camera issue that could occur when switching to EVA from map view
    • Fixed a small issue that could rarely cause ScienceAlert to ignore biomes
    • A small UI improvement to make room for future options

1.4a (April 20)

• Fixed a camera issue that could occur when switching to EVA from an IVA view
    Last edited by xEvilReeperx; 20th October 2014 at 08:17. Reason: 1.8rc1 released

Nice! Most of the times I forgot when to science. This mod helps a lot.
    "There are no failures; only really sparkly moments."
    "Launch and you may die. Go home and you will live. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell these boosters that they may take your lives but they will never take your spirit?" Every Kerbal dies but not every Kerbal flies."

Spacecraft Engineer
    Oh cool! This is a good idea

OMG dude I just came.
    If this works, it will make the game so much simpler in this department!
    Thank you so much for your hard work!

Spacecraft Engineer
    I don't know what is wrong, but its not working for me. I see it in the available buttons on the toolbar addon, but if I select it then it does not appear

Quote Originally Posted by Scottiths View Post
    I don't know what is wrong, but its not working for me. I see it in the available buttons on the toolbar addon, but if I select it then it does not appear
    Can you provide more detail? By "does not appear" do you mean the button doesn't show up at all, or it doesn't do anything when left clicked?

Spacecraft Engineer
    Ok, I figured it out. The toolbar hides the button if all experiments are used. I had been trying to use this with a craft and didn't realize that there were no further experimental devices available on it so the button was hidden. That's what I think happened anyway. Works now. Marvelous plugin

Really good idea... will give this a try tonight.

Facing the monitor, behind the keyboard and mouse.
    And the Ker-nobel prize goes to xEvilReeperx for his incredible achievements in ksp science. xEvilReeperx has made kerbal space exploration and science less of a guess work and more of a pre-programmed flight-plan sent directly from KSP mission control. Now the kerbonauts are more focused and organized to their mission and not just pushing random buttons at random times.

Facing the monitor, behind the keyboard and mouse.
    Thanks xEvilReeperx. Now I dont have to travel back hunting blindly for loopholes in my science program.
    Last edited by Prowler_x1; 16th April 2014 at 11:12.