When is is it time for science? Who knows! The game provides no feedback when you've crossed a biome barrier, a new crew report is available or when you've forgotten to run a goo experiment. Wouldn't it be cool to stop guessing?
What it does:
- Audio and visual cue when science is available
- Configurable science filters for experiments
- Configurable option to stop warp when an experiment becomes available
- science threshold to ignore low value reports
- SCANsat v6.1+ support! Optional SCANsat integration
- *new* Stock toolbar support
- *new* Blizzy's toolbar is no longer a required dependency; you can switch between toolbars in options to whichever you prefer
- *new* Experiment buttons can be configured to display the next report value
- *new* EVA button can be configured to always be listed first
- *new* Surface sample availability can now be tracked while inside vessel so you don't forget to take one before you leave (disabled by default)
- *new* Experiment list can be configured to remain open when leaving the vessel to go on EVA
- *new* Experiment list can be configured to display current biome
Installation & Usage
Download the plugin and extract in your KSP directory like any mod.
Blizzy's toolbar is no longer required. However, if you'd prefer to use it over the stock toolbar, you can switch between them under ScienceAlert's additional options section. Just right-click the button to get there.
Actual use in-game is simple. When the button is lit, at least one experiment onboard matches your criteria. If the flask is animating, then a new experiment just became available (animation will stop when you have viewed the new experiment list). There are lots of per-experiment settings to choose from.
SCANsat support (6.1 minimum)
Yes, it's finally here! If you enable the option, experiments with biome-specific conditions won't trigger alerts unless you've mapped the area's biomes first.
What is this assume onboard thing (if you have other mods which add experiments)?
Some science plugins don't inherit from ModuleScienceExperiment like all of the stock experiments do, instead implementing their own versions. ScienceAlert won't detect them automatically, but if they contain an experiment without any special conditions other than the stock situation and biome mask you can enable the "assume onboard" option and ScienceAlert will check for their science availability anyway.
- if you transmit science report(s) using a transmitter's action menu, the reports queued for it won't be taken into account until transmission is complete
- [not a bug] Available experiments and report values may suddenly change when going on EVA. This is because your Kerbal may be in a different "situation" -- for example, sitting on the pad might trigger an EVA alert for LaunchPad but you go on EVA and the alert stops. This is because your the game counts the Kerbal to be "flying" while holding onto a ladder while in the air.
This plugin is licensed under GPLv3. Source is available
1.7.1 (July 24)
- Updated for KSP 0.24.1
- Removed some debug code that was accidentally left in
1.7 (July 22)
- Updated for KSP 0.24
- Added feature: Application Launcher support (and enabled by default)
- Added feature: Blizzy's toolbar made optional
- Added feature: (optional) EVA report always listed first
- Added feature: (optional) Re-open experiment list when going on EVA
- Added feature: (optional) Surface samples can be tracked from in-vessel
- Added feature: (optional) Experiment list can display current biome
- Bugfix: ScienceAlert GUI windows should now do much less flickering
- Update: SCANsat interface updated to support 6.1; 6.1+ is now required for SCANsat integration
- Note: Per-sound settings removed
- Note: Lots of refactoring went on
1.6 (July 10)
- New feature: SCANsat integration
- Fixed an issue where alerts could appear for experiments worth no science
- Biome map filter could, in rare circumstances, return an incorrect result
- ScienceAlert should no longer stop reporting science in some circumstances while switching vessels
- Fixed an issue that caused KeyNotFound exceptions to spam the game, degrading performance
1.5 (April 26)
- New feature added: science report threshold to ignore reports worth less than specified value
- Fixed a camera issue that could occur when switching to EVA from map view
- Fixed a small issue that could rarely cause ScienceAlert to ignore biomes
- A small UI improvement to make room for future options
1.4a (April 20)
- Fixed a camera issue that could occur when switching to EVA from an IVA view