This pack aims to provide parts for the deep space part of the game. It contains many parts for building an interplanetary craft, including but not limited to: ion engine, nuclear reactor, struts, centrifuges. Also contains a 2001 Space Odyssey’s Discovery like spherical command pod.
Sadly I don't have time for maintaining this mod anymore, people were asking for permissions to modify it, update it so I'm making it open source.
You may do anything you wan't with it as long as you:
1. Don't ask money for the parts directly, you may use them in monetized youtube videos, you may paint a picture of them and sell it for profit, but not sell the actual parts.
2. Give some credit.
3D models and textures
- Updated for 0.21
- Major optimization on textures (they are reduced to 1/4th of their size)
Changes in 1.8:
- Updated format for 0.20
- Decouplers no longer allow fuel cross-feed (no more stolen fuel from upper stages by the lower ones)
Changes in 1.71:
- The gold foil is really gold this time (thanks Felorius)
Changes in 1.7:
- Now both pods contains an autopilot, so you can control them without kerbals inside.
- Command pods now also store and generate some electricity.
- The ion engine is now a little bit more powerful and consumes less energy (enough to be on pair with the nuclear reactor)
- As it turns out what I intended to be gold foil all along was something of a bright green mess (I’m colorblind), now its fixed (I suppose ), thanks Kerboniminal for pointing that out.
Changes in 1.62:
- fixed the airlocks, now going to EVA won’t launch your kerbals away from the ship
- fixed the decouplers (hopefully, tried it for some times now) breaking things
Changes in 1.61:
- fixed strut tank and strut rcs tank
Changes in 1.6:
- Updated for 0.18
Changes in 0.152:
- Strut Hub is now less buggy (some still exists)
- Larger airlock "zone" for the pod, it's now possible to actually get inside the pod from a ladder
- Struts now allow surface mounted parts
Changes in 0.151:
- Fixed a bug where occasionally the struts changed to be an ASAS when loading a ship.
Changes in 0.15:
- Rescaled everything to 2.5m - vanilla compatible
- Remodelled command pod (with proper size front node)
- Nosecone added
- ASAS module added
- Nuclear reactor, quite heavy, but generates power without the need of sunlight
- Ion engine now have a built in battery
Changes in 0.141:
- Fixed some incorrect part names and config file stuff
- Hopefully no more breaking parts when decoupling
Changes in 0.14:
- Upscaled everything to 3m in diameter
- Remodeled almost every part
- Retextured every part
- Generally improved quality of parts
- Added working airlocks to the pods (and to the cargo containers for unlucky kerbals)
- New strut hub module, (when placing it first it bugs, you have to press w, then it works fine)
- New strut decoupler module
- Rebalanced things
More screenshots at:
Kerbal Space Port
Dropbox, use the other please if possible, dropbox bans me if I use this too much
OLD VERSION (pre 0.20 format)