- A reference 4-wheel Cart,
- Heavy 8-wheel Truck,
- Soviet military jeep UAZ-469 (yes, it's back!),
- And small folding Mün Rover, shipped with Propane Tank & Thruster to bring it home from the Mün.
- 'Translate Up/Down' (<I>/<K> by default; may be remapped in the PART.CFG file) to move,
- 'Translate Left/Right' (<J>/<L>) to turn,
- <B> to brake and <N> to toggle handbrake (may be remapped in the PART.CFG too),
- <U> for headlights,
- <O> for Cruise Control,
- And 'Landing Gear' key (<G> by default) to deploy/retract Mün Rover's wheels.
New in v1.34:
- Added Cruise Control. It maintains the speed (to within 0.5 m/s) that cart had at the moment of activation.
Warning! Don't exit the cart while it's moving on Cruise Control!
- Movement and turning now can be mapped to any of KSP's control axes. See PART.CFG file.
- Cart now can be controlled, if the vessel has
- Carts can be controlled from other plugins. See Modelling Guidelines for complete programming reference.
- Carts no longer deploy/retract wheels when exiting time warp or switching vessels.
- Orange kerbanaut removed from truck's cabin. It looked funny in KSP 0.16 .
- UAZ-469 was re-included into the package.
- Carts now have context menu with lights and handbrake toggles, and enabling/disabling motor and steering for individual carts. Works even when there's no crew aboard ;).
This allows carts to form a controllable multiple-unit systems: disable steering for all the carts but the front one -- and an entire "train" will follow the "leader":[spoiler=how?][/spoiler]
- Plugin now supports .MU models in addition to .DAE. I.e. we may have normal maps, ladders and such :)
- New shiny textures for Mün Rover, and a working ladder!
- UAZ-496 removed. It was kinda... useless.
- Package is now GME-compatible.
Download 3.1 Mb from Google
To install, unzip Cart134/ directory's contents into KSP/ folder, or use Generic Mod Enabler. Parts go to KSP/Parts/ folder, plugin cart.dll goes to KSP/Plugins/, source code can be found in KSP/Source/Cart/.
Game version 0.16 or higher!
Cart.dll plugin is universal, which means that developing a new vehicle requires just a new model, not a new .dll. Here are the Cart Modelling Guidelines.
(except for .MU and .MBM files, which cannot be modified. They're under CC BY-ND license.)
[spoiler=Thanks Kerbal Automotive Team!]
- Sordid for Cart & Truck tyre pattern,
- Prefim for a dummy kerbanaut that sat in the Truck's cabin (even though the dummy was removed in v1.34),
- Andrey Makrushin for an original UAZ-469 model,
- NovaSilisko for an idea on how to prevent a cart from exploding on launch,
- Sal_vager for original Propane Tank & Thruster idea and models.
- And JDP for providing RemoteTech compatibility code.
- Keep your little kerbanauts away from cart's wheels and suspensions levers! They kick painfully.
- Even though the cart can be controlled by MechJeb or RemoteTech parts, you need to remember one thing: if the vessel requires crew (i.e. there's at least one part with non-zero CrewCapacity parameter), then the crew must be aboard. Don't expect MechJeb to do pilot's job while the pilot going EVA!
- Carts are totally helpless in water.
- Propane Tank & Thruster are very fragile and do not survive even a slightest contact with the ground.
- Rover's wheels must be retracted before Propane Thrusters can even lift a craft from the Mün. Yeah, wheels do apply 'magic force', I just can't get rid of it %).
- When the cart stands right near the hill's summit it may spontaneously climb that hill. It seems to be some weirdness with game physics; there's nothing I can do with that at this moment.
- Sometimes carts jerk weirdly when hand-braked on the hillside.
- Headlight glares are still visible on the planet's surface when orbiting at x5 time warp.
v1.34.1: A small fix in inter-plugin interface. v1.34: Cruise Control. RemoteTech and MechJeb compatibility. Programming interface. Remapping controls to any axes. UAZ-496 returned back. v1.33: .MU models support. Context menus. Engine/steering controls remapped to Translate Up/Down and Translate Left/Right. Rover re-textured and supplied with ladder, UAZ-496 removed. v1.32: Added sal_vager's Propane Tank & Thruster; remapped headlights to <U>. v1.31: Added an option to orient a cart in any direction at launch; fixed a couple of minor bugs. v1.3: Added support for rotating levers, foldable carts, and point lights. Added Mün Rover model. v1.22: Added handbrake, fixed some serious bugs. v1.21: Lights and brakes status now saved in the flight state. v1.2: Carts no longer explode on launch (thanks NovaSilisko!). Limited cart's top speed and added CFG switches for 'magic force' pushing cart to the ground. Added UAZ-469 model. v1.1: Plugin made universal, published modelling guidelines. Added Truck model. v1.0: First cart release
For the case that someone has troubles with the latest release, here are the older versions: