Page 1 of 1164 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: [1.0.4] USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (0.31.6) [2015.07.29]

[1.0.4] USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (0.31.6) [2015.07.29]

Download via the USI Catalog Page

Always clear out old releases before installing. USI-LS is is supported and encouraged, but optional. TAC-LS is also supported. CRP is included.

See download for ChangeLog.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • IVAs are not yet implemented, so some crew are missing seats.
    • Do not put stuff on top of inflatables without a decoupler or it will get lost inside of it when it expands.

Introducing the Modular Kolonization System
    A world leader in corrugated paper products, Umbra Space Industries is now applying their formidable boxing and packaging skills into their latest product - the Modular Kolonization System - a series of interlocking modules for building long-term, self sustaining colonies on other planets and moons.

Modules Inspired by the NASA Mars Design Reference Mission 3.0

What it does:
    MKS introduces a series of parts specifically designed to provide self-sustaining life support for multiple Kerbals for users of USI-Life Support or (optionally) TAC-Life Support. While the parts will function without a life support mod, the design is centered around providing an appropriate challenge where players will weigh the costs, risks, and rewards of supplying missions exclusively with carried life support supplies, or in making the investment in a permanent colony. That being said, this is not just a single greenhouse part (although food production is part of the mod). Rather, it brings an entire colonization end-game to KSP in a fun and challenging way.

Design goals:
    • Provide an option to build 100% self-sufficiency, but provide this at a significant cost in both time and effort in line with the reward.
    • Add the capability of having parts that can be launched as lightweight packages, then 'built out' in-situ.
    • Build a mechanism that forces part dependencies. For example, to get supplies the player must build a Kerbitat, which requires organics from an aeroponics module to operate.
    • Include resource exploitation through a mechanism that forces the player to choose their colonial sites carefully, and situate them with easy access to resources due to transportation costs.
    • Keep things at a very high abstraction level. The sweet spot of MKS is in construction and logistics management over a fairly abstracted system of resources.

For more info, be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the walkthrough.

If you've enjoyed MKS, awesome! If you wish to express that enjoyment by buying me a beer or a cup of coffee, click the button below

License:
    MKS is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license, which in layman's terms means:
    • You are permitted to use, copy, redistribute my work as-is
    • You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures), and release them under your own name
    • You must credit the following people when publishing your derivatives in the download and forum posts: RoverDude (MKS parts, KolonyTools dll, Regolith), Garibaldi2257 (Inline Resource Model)

Additional Modules:

This package redistributes FireSpitter
    This pack redistributes Module Manager
    This pack includes USI_Tools License is CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA. Source can be found here

All relevant licenses are included in the download.
    Last edited by RoverDude; 29th July 2015 at 10:23.
    Mods for colonization, exploration, resources, and much more!

(Reserved for future stuff)
    Last edited by RoverDude; 26th June 2015 at 09:10.

My god... This sounds ****ing epic!

I would have liked a bit more details, maybe a wiki site or something, but I'll definitely give this a go once my current game is done

Quote Originally Posted by Sokar408 View Post
    My god... This sounds ****ing epic!

I would have liked a bit more details, maybe a wiki site or something, but I'll definitely give this a go once my current game is done
    Wiki with an initial walkthrough on the GitHub site (Links in the first post) - Start with the ReadMe and follow links from there. Still a WIP but there's a series of reference missions to get you started.

Looks cool but, am I the only one who cannot get to the github pages? When I click the links it says "503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request."

Quote Originally Posted by Josh384331 View Post
    Am I the only one who cannot get to the github pages? When I click the links it says "503 Service Unavailable
    Looks like GitHub is down

Any chance you could include an cfg for CLS if not already planned? that would make moving kerbals around quite a bit easier when used with ship manifest.

Yay! Release!

Though I gotta prod again and ask, please include your version number in the zip's file name.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh384331 View Post
    Looks cool but, am I the only one who cannot get to the github pages? When I click the links it says "503 Service Unavailable
    For future reference: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thutmose View Post
    Any chance you could include an cfg for CLS if not already planned? that would make moving kerbals around quite a bit easier when used with ship manifest.
    Already planned, just not for the first release

Pretty cool stuff.