Remote Technologies Group presents...
RemoteTech - Version 1.5.1
RemoteTech is a modification for Squad’s "Kerbal Space Program" (KSP) which overhauls the unmanned space program. It does this by requiring unmanned vessels have a connection to Kerbal Space Center (KSC) to be able to be controlled. This adds a new layer of difficulty that compensates for the lack of live crew members.
An extensive instruction manual is available at http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/ and includes a player guide, gameplay mechanics, detailed part summaries, and tutorials.
The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The part models are not licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.
WARNING: the 1.5 release changes the mod's folder and DLL names from "RemoteTech2" to "RemoteTech". If you are upgrading from 1.4, you must delete the old RemoteTech2 folder before installing this version. We take NO RESPONSIBILITY for any bugs that may happen from having both "RemoteTech" and "RemoteTech2" in your GameData folder.
Download from Kerbal Stuff or GitHub
Pre-release builds - https://github.com/RemoteTechnologie...eTech/releases
Important: The 'pre-releases' are debug builds of the current development tree. They are not guaranteed to be feature-complete or bug-free. They are intended for those that wish to test out the next version of RemoteTech before it goes on general release and are aware of the risks of doing so.
Players have found the following mods enhance their RemoteTech experience:
- KSP-AVC - keep RemoteTech (and other mods) up to date
- Smart Parts - automated staging and action group execution. Can "program" by chaining parts using action groups.
- Landertron Rockets - automated approach and touchdown.
- Fine Print - get paid for putting up all those comsats
- Mission Controller - customizable comsat contracts
RemoteTech is not yet compatible with either of the two full-featured autopilot mods, MechJeb and kOS. Mix at your own risk.
These are mods of the RemoteTech mod. While most of them can be placed anywhere in the GameData folder, you may wish to put them in a personal folder (e.g. GameData/MyScripts/) to avoid overwriting them. Since many of these files are contributed by the community, we provide no support for them:
- Descriptive antenna text -- if you get confused about which antennas fit which roles. Now with 100% less Kerbal humor.
- RSS Ground Stations -- essential for playing with both RemoteTech and RSS. This file MUST go in GameData/RemoteTech, or it will not work.
- Stock antenna configs -- for using RemoteTech antennas without the RemoteTech mod
What's new in version 1.5.1
- Can now read settings files from RemoteTech 1.4 or earlier.
- Map view will no longer crash when centering on different vessels.
- FASA antennas won't crash when transmitting science.
- FASA launch clamps now provide a communications line, just like stock clamps.
- Flight computer now uses Kerbin or Earth days, as appropriate.
- Tech tree node for integrated omni antenna now displays correctly.
[Spoiler: What's new in version 1.5.0]
For past release notes, please consult https://github.com/RemoteTechnologie.../Release-Notes
To make a Bug Report, please use the Github issue tracker. You can browse the current list of issues to see if your problem has already been reported by somebody else at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologie...oteTech/issues.
Please follow the instructions at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologie...ONTRIBUTING.md when reporting your bug. Forum posts are difficult to track, and incomplete reports make it impossible for us to locate the source of the problem.
RT1 Contributors: JDP, The_Duck, gresrun, Tosh, rkman, NovaSilisko, r4m0n, Alchemist, Kreuzung, Spaceghost, Tomato, BoJaN, Mortaq.
RT2 Contributors: JDP, Cilph, TaranisElsu, acc, Vrana, MedievalNerd, NathanKell, jdmj, kommit.
RT2 v1.4.0 and beyond is maintained by the Remote Technologies Group, a community effort to ensure the proliferation of unmanned vessels throughout the known Kerbalverse: Erendrake, Pezmc, Starstrider42, Peppie23, woogoose. Additional contributions were made by Dail8859, Grays, Jsartisohn, MOARdV, and Reignerok. Thanks!