Page 1 of 201 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Notice

I have been working on a new Mapsat for a while as many might be aware, this is taking longer than I had hoped, there's always something in the way of working on it.
    For this reason I released a dev build of the next version, it's fully compatible with 0.20's new system. It is however a dev build meaning not all the planned stuff for 4.0 is in yet and what is might not have received any love in the GUI polish department yet. I have put a lot of time in ensuring the main functionality is all working correctly in 0.20 .
    One thing that is considered broken at the moment is csv writing. It works but it's worthless, it hasn't been updated to properly work with the new scanning routines. It's on the to do list before I release the final on Spaceport.

More information and the download to the dev build can be found in my blog, see my signature or click the blog item to the left of this message.

License

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    No code is allowed to be used or modified and published without express written consent.

------

Old forum post pertaining to previous releases:

The Innsewerants Space Agency is very happy to present the ISA MapSat Module and MapGen rendering tool.

Code: Innsewerants, Special thanks to Giucam for finding a way around the pqs weirdness.
    Part Model & Animation: Innsewerants
    Part Texture: Innsewerants

Special Thanks
    r4m0n, C7 - 4 Being on IRC and guiding me towards solutions learning c#.
    And anyone I might forget at the moment.

Features:
    Collect elevation data and map planets with the ISA MapSat.

New in game GUI and maps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0NAI0WDASos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YXz1K-E9nM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-Automatically scans for artefacts within range which you can show using a toggle.
    -KSC\'s are marked on maps, show using toggle.
    -Current satellite position marker available on toggle as well.

Of course MapGen is still included to render data files if you are collecting raw data:
    Change the maximum elevation e.g. white = 8000 m or generate really small maps

Generate polar views Map Kerbin, give it a nice 'natural' colour if you like

[size=8pt]*Images were generated with data collected during testing and likely containing errors, I used this data because it\'s enough to show what the MapGen can do.[/size]

Installation:

Note 1:
    If you have an unofficial 2.0.3 version installed, consider removing it, everything in my code has changed.
    Perhaps it will somehow interfere or make bug finding/fixing more difficult.

Note 2:
    you can append to your old csv\'s by renaming them appropriately (Kerbin_elevation.csv , Mun_elevation.csv and Minmus_elevation.csv) and placing them in the PluginData\isa_mapsat folder.

Note 3:
    If you want to start MapSat with prerendered textures from old csv data run mapgen using 'isa_mapgen.exe texture' and 'isa_mapgen.exe texture polar' this will render out textures suited for the gui.

Install
    -Extract the archive somewhere and copy over the files, I left the structure of KSP_win in the archive to make it easier to figure out.
    -Copy old csv files to the pluginData/isa_mapsat folder and rename if required.
    -Prerender textures with mapgen if desired.
    -Launch KSP.
    IMPORTANT - You need to copy over and replace all on the part folder too not just the dll and the mapgen.exe when you update. Textures used in the gui are stored in the parts folder. Not doing this can result in squashed textures, corrupt textures and missing gui elements. As of 3.1.0 the map textures are 400x256 not 400x400, 400x400 are incompatible and you either need to crop the old ones to the correct size, delete them and start new or render out ones from csv data using 'isa_mapgen.exe texture' and 'isa_mapgen.exe texture polar'.

You can delete any isa_RAM_Module folder if you don\'t use a third party unofficial version of 2.0.3 that uses it and don\'t have anything in there you want to keep.
    This directory will never be used again and the mod has changed permanently to the name ISA_MapSat, getting rid of the RAM crap in the name.

General Usage:

You need preferably 1 sat only on your craft.
    The gui maps are updated as long as you are in range and continue to be updated in the background if you look at different maps.
    You can switch maps by clicking on the button with the current map name.
    The rest of the buttons speak for themselves I think, all the overlays are on toggles.
    Toggle open the information panel to get Wikipedia-like information about the planetoid straight from the game.
    Toggle on raw data collection if you want to collect csv data for the MapGen tool.

You can find stored csv\'s and the MapGen tool in the PluginData\isa_mapsat directory
    NOTE: Toggle raw data collection off before running MapGen!!.

More information in spoilers.

[Spoiler: Frequently Asked Questions]

[Spoiler: To do / Requests / Known Bugs / Working on]

[Spoiler: New features, changes and fixes]

[Spoiler: MapGen command line arguments/usage]

Latest version
    Source (old)

Cheers and happy orbiting,
    Innsewerants

Problems?

If you have problems and want to help me fix them (It\'s my first c# learning project after all) please do the following:

if it\'s the module in ksp:
    Check the console alt-f2 and if it\'s spamming something there. If so send me what errors is spamming so I can find out what\'s happening.

If it\'s the mapgen
    Run from command line so you can see if it spits out a file not found or if it crashes what the exception is it gives, these usually show me the way to what\'s wrong.

[edit]fixed some information, spell checked my heinous errors that crept in from being exhausted lol.[/edit]
    Last edited by Innsewerants; 11th November 2013 at 02:17.

Re: [0.14.4] ISA RAM Satellite Mapping module and map generation tool v1.4.0

Awesome stuff , those maps look great.

Blog Entries

Totally awesome, I\'ll let this run for awhile!

EDIT: This *could* work on kerbin, right?
    Okay... one of you guys thought it would be funny to smash the rocket into the command center... very funny...

Holy expletive, batman! This is awesome!

Need to test this with a rover ^^

Aw come on, an .exe? Doesn\'t anyone feel sorry for Mac users?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Barrett View Post
    Totally awesome, I\'ll let this run for awhile!

EDIT: This *could* work on kerbin, right?
    Yes, it would just be very uneasy to do unless I find ways to bypass kerbins atmosphere or perhaps take control of the terrains detail level and how high up the collision mesh remains loaded etc.
    I coded the mapper to leave room to collect a separate file on Kerbin/future bodies.
    The code to prevent recording of bad data should be such in this release that kerbin would not cause problems except for the circumstances preventing a low enough orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by trbinsc View Post
    Aw come on, an .exe? Doesn\'t anyone feel sorry for Mac users?
    I do so very much, for their wallets mostly.
    But seriously, it\'s really simple, this is my first c# learning project, when I started my first line of code thursday I didn\'t know a word of c#.
    If I figure out how to build it for mac be sure I will release a mac version of the tool. I will add it to the request list. Just give me time to figure it out and test it when I do, I would need to visit some people with macs to even try my own test builds.

Well, I can test it for you if you need me to.

I will send you a pm if I get my hands on a compiler for mac and figure out how to do it .

I\'ll be eagerly awaiting that PM. ;)

This is very cool, I will be downloading this as soon as I\'m off work.