Page 95 of 202 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Also, I was looking to add the GPS functionality to an avionics nosecone (as well as RemoteTech and MechJeb), but it doesn't seem like the part.cfg has any special module or anything specifically for this. How then does the mod identify what parts have the MapSat and GPS functionality? Is it hardcoded into the .dll files? Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

I realize I could just slap the GPS box on the craft, but in the effort to reduce overall parts count, it made sense to me to try and put it in the nosecone.

Daily Problem Solver Elliptical Orbit's Avatar
    Reading about some of the issues that users are having with the instant on scanning and fitting of the part, I was thinking about some ideas about this mod. It needs to change the dish part in to something more like what they use on real satellites. Say like a sensor box or pod that has a door that can be opened when in use. This would keep the sat from scanning until you turned it on with an action key. A box would be used if you wanted to mount it directly to your probe body. Or use a round pod that can rotate 360 and tilt 180 as well a door that can be opened. You could mount this to a folding or telescoping arm that can be deployed after launch. Then use the box or pod and fill it with different sensors of your choosing. Want a visible light camera? Need a kethane scanner? Want to scan in infrared or any wavelength? Add any sensor you want when someone makes it. Make them in different sizes for adding more than one sensor to that pod or what your needs require. Heck, add more than one pod. Then go one step further, and have your sat keep the data until it is able to beam the images back to Kerbin before you can look at them using something similar to the RemoteTech mod. Just some ideas.
    Jeb said, "What does this button do?"

Any ideas why my satellite is working but I can't seem to get the GPS to attach to anything? I can see it but no matter where I try placing it it just turns red. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrawnJuan View Post
    Any ideas why my satellite is working but I can't seem to get the GPS to attach to anything? I can see it but no matter where I try placing it it just turns red. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Sometimes you have to spin or rotate the part so it's not clipping inside what you're placing it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliptical Orbit View Post
    Reading about some of the issues that users are having with the instant on scanning and fitting of the part, I was thinking about some ideas about this mod. It needs to change the dish part in to something more like what they use on real satellites. Say like a sensor box or pod that has a door that can be opened when in use. This would keep the sat from scanning until you turned it on with an action key. A box would be used if you wanted to mount it directly to your probe body. Or use a round pod that can rotate 360 and tilt 180 as well a door that can be opened. You could mount this to a folding or telescoping arm that can be deployed after launch. Then use the box or pod and fill it with different sensors of your choosing. Want a visible light camera? Need a kethane scanner? Want to scan in infrared or any wavelength? Add any sensor you want when someone makes it. Make them in different sizes for adding more than one sensor to that pod or what your needs require. Heck, add more than one pod. Then go one step further, and have your sat keep the data until it is able to beam the images back to Kerbin before you can look at them using something similar to the RemoteTech mod. Just some ideas.
    This would actually be pretty awesome, but thinking of the time it would take to develop I guess it will be a while until we see something like that.

How's the update for this one? I'm anxiously waiting a fix for the lag problem this mod causes when loading ships. Maybe we could get a link to the dev build?

now i can make satailtes to scan every planet and moon

can we get more part that do the same so i can have difrent types of satalites

Rocketry Enthusiast
    Hey gang, anyone else having issues with the output? Re-installed the mod with 19.1 after forgetting to save EVERYTHING I already had, including beautiful time rendered maps at high Rez (Doh'), but for some reason
    my polar argument is slapping two poles on top of each other now, albeit slightly offset.
    Thanks for any thoughts!

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by theSpeare View Post
    How's the update for this one? I'm anxiously waiting a fix for the lag problem this mod causes when loading ships. Maybe we could get a link to the dev build?
    you can fix it yourself. Simply click the Compass icon, and turn OFF mapping while on the launch pad.
    there. done. fixed.

Turn it back on when you are in orbit.
    .25 progress