Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: [v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

Inappropriate Toucher SasquatchM's Avatar
    What exactly do JointSpring and JointDamping do? I know that setting Damping to very low number that is greater than 0 makes it pretty much free swinging, but I am having issues balancing a cfg edited rototron to function as an engine

This is what I am talking about:

[Spoiler: movie]

See how the wheels stop and start suddenly? That is what I am trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by SasquatchM View Post
    What exactly do JointSpring and JointDamping do? I know that setting Damping to very low number that is greater than 0 makes it pretty much free swinging, but I am having issues balancing a cfg edited rototron to function as an engine
    Can't help you much there, as Unity's joints are quite messy, and then the game adds some extra complications due to the (undefined) units it use.
    The CFG parameters set the lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit of the ConfigurableJoint to a SoftJointLimit with those parameters.

outlaw star wouldnt by chance mean anything to you would it?

Thanks R4mon, that at least gives me and idea of what the parameters actually do and a few ideas

How do you stop the trusses from drooping off the hinges when they're horizontal?

By attaching them to the hinges?? I am not sure what you mean as I have never had an issue with it.

I was also just browsing through the older posts in this thread and noticed the berthing thingy that was abandoned. Would that now be possible wit the rescale that came about in KSP?

Hey, I'm still having the issue where anything with claws on it shakes itself to pieces on the pad.

Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast