Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.24] VOID 0.14.1 - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

[0.24] VOID 0.14.1 - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

If you love at-a-glance information on your flight conditions, detailed information about your orbital dynamics or upcoming transfer maneuver, then VOID is a solution for you! Is it the solution for you? Give it a try and find out!

I've long used VOID to fill the void (doh!) for detailed orbital, surface, and vessel information without adding any new functionality that other mods may focus on. As I find new data that I "need" for my missions, I've been slowly adding information to my own VOID displays and am honored to continue development following Iannic-ann-od's stellar release series. Many thanks Iannic-ann-od!

As before, credit where it's due to code and/or calculations by cybutek, Younata, Adammada, Nivvydaskrl, mrenigma0, r4m0n, The_Duck, Cilph, and Innsewerants, used with permission and/or under license.

This software uses VesselSimulator and Engineer.Extensions from Engineer Redux.
    Engineer Redux (c) 2013-2014 cybutek, Padishar, et al
    Used by permission.

DOWNLOADS:
    Spaceport: While I figure out what I'm going to do about the new Curse mod site, all downloads are hosted privately.
    Not Spaceport: [zip] [tar.gz] [tar.bz2]

CHARITY:
    Do you like what you see here so much that you can't imagine downloading it without first parting with your hard-earned money? If so, this specially-crafted PayPal donation button will help you to take the currency of your choice and make it my money instead of your money. More seriously though: donations are 100% optional and entirely at your own discretion. If you do choose to donate, I'll appreciate it!

INSTALL:
    Code:
    1. Unpack archive into /path/to/KSP_folder/GameData.
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
    USAGE:
    Code:
    * Click the "V" VOID icon, hopefully located somewhere near the middle-to-bottom left of your KSP screen.
    * Go to the "Misc" menu and "Change icon position" to move the icon to your liking.
    * Enable or disable other informational windows as you please!
    TODO:
    Code:
    * Revisit transfer angle calculations.
    * Revisit pressure indication.
    * Revisit localization and find translators <insert trilingual, bilingual, American joke here>.
    * Revisit data logging.
    * Add HUD customization features.
    CHANGELOG:
    Code:
    v.0.14.1 [2014-08-16]
    * Updated KER code, and VOID's methods of integrating with KER.
    * Updated ToadicusTools.
    v.0.14 [2014-08-03]
    * NEW MODULE!  VOID_CareerStatus is a nascent module that displays a few vital Career Mode statistics: Funds, Reputation, and Science, including the most change (that happened during this flight session).
    * VOID_VesselInfo: Resource mass no longer a combo line.
    * VOID_HUD/AdvancedHUD: Fixed an issue where certain changes in the game and other mods would cause the HUD skin to change.
    * Now supporting the application launcher with a new button that will be used in lieu of the old standalone button when the Toolbar mod is not present or VOID's Toolbar support is disabled.
    * Fixed an issue where modules with "extended" toggles would not reset to their condensed size when the extended data was toggled off.
    * Miscellaneous code "improvements."
    * Updated underlying VesselSimulator code to the latest from KER & padishar.

v.0.13 [2014-07-17]
    * Updated for KSP 0.24.
    * NEW MODULE!  VOID_TWR is provides a listing of nominal thrust-to-weight ratios at the surface of each celestial body and is available in the editor and in flight.
    * VOID_VesselInfo: Changed resource mass line to a combo stage / total resource mass line.
    * VOID_HUDAdvanced: Fixed a totally embarrassing unit display bug.

v.0.12.0 [2014-05-30]
    * NEW MODULE!  VOID_HUDAdvanced is a second pair of HUD windows which display craft and maneuver node information, respectively.
    * VOID_VesselInfo: Resource mass fixed to actually display resource mass.
    * VOID_Rendezvous: Now displays local sidereal longitude for targets by default; re-enabled extended orbital info for targets.
    * Updated shared KER code.
    * Minor potentially-performance-enhancing improvements (not reviewed by the FDA)
    * Time intervals are now displayed in Kerbin days & years when so selected in the game settings.

v.0.11.0 [2014-05-03]
    * Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause exceptional conditions when a vessel took a very long time to load.
    * Added a core toggle to disable engineering calcuations.  Values gleaned from engineering calculations will display NaN or 0 when disabled.
    * Improved compatibility with the new Engineering code to avoid engineering values sometimes flickering to NaN or 0 when they should not.
    * Fixed a bug that occured sometimes when not using the Toolbar.
    * License changed to modified BSD.
    * Major refactoring of the underlying library code.

v.0.10.0 [2014-04-04]
    * API update for KSP 0.23.5.
    * Integrated experimental KER simulator by Padishar.
    * Improved configurable-precision display for values smaller than 1.

v.0.9.22 [2014-03-27]
    * VOID_HUD: Fixed erroneous dependence upon the Vessel Info pane for delta-V updates.
    * VOID_Core: Fixed a bug where only the default skin would be used, regardless of selection.
    * Other minor improvements.

v.0.9.21 [2014-03-17]
    * VOID_HUD: Added total and last-stage delta-V indication, added pitch indication.  Slightly rearranged the existing HUD elements.
    * VOID_HUD: HUD panes are now moveable; see new "lock HUD windows" toggle in the config menu.
    * VOID_HUD: Major rework of the HUD underpinnings.  HUD now uses the same rate-limiting tech as the Orbital and Vessel Info panels.
    * VOID_CBInfoBrowser: Bodies which have no atmosphere will no longer report any atmospheric data, whether Squad populated those fields or not.
    * VOID_VesselInfo: Minor tweaks to avoid some exceptional scenarios.
    * Engineer Integration: Now using more-correct gravity values in flight and in the editor.  This should eliminate the TWR discrepancy between the two scenes.
    * Toolbar Integration: Now using Toolbar's official dependency-free wrapper.
    * Toolbar Integration: Change to use a single button between scenes; this should avoid the "duplicate button" issue in recent versions of Toolbar.
    * VOID will no longer consume power when power consumption is enabled, but VOID is "powered off."
    * Changed the icon to something new, thanks to dudecon.
    * Various minor code improvements throughout.

v.0.9.20 [2014-01-26]
    * VOID_Rendezvous: Fixed the LSL indication in target orbital info to display the target's LSL, not the current vessel's.
    * VOID_EditorHUD: Added a thrust offset indicator to the in-editor HUD.  This appears only when the CoM and CoT icons are enabled in the editor.
    * VOID_HUD: Added "Experiment Situation" entry (e.g. "Near In Space", "Flying", etc.) to the in-flight HUD.
    * Updated KER libraries to 0.6.2.3.
    * ToolbarButtonWrapper: Updated to latest Toolbar IButton API.

v.0.9.19 [2013-12-20]
    * Updated KER libraries for 0.23 compatibility improvements.
    * Back-end changes in ToolbarButtonWrapper.

v.0.9.18 [2013-12-17]
    * FEATURE: KSP 0.23 compatibility.  This fixes issues with the orbital pane and editor HUD not displaying.
    * WORKAROUND: All textures changed to .png to avoid KSP's new ugly .tga compression.

v.0.9.17 [2013-12-14]
    * BUGFIX: Corrected the visibility of the Toolbar buttons when using Blizzy's Toolbar.

v.0.9.16 [2013-12-14]
    * FEATURE: Optional support for Blizzy's Toolbar.
    * BUGFIX: Orbital pane: Fixed erroneous mislabeling of "Time to Apoapsis" to the correct "Time to Periapsis".
    * BUGFIX: Certain values will no longer display debug information inline.
    * BUGFIX: VOID will no longer spam seemingly-random integers into the log file.

v.0.9.15 [2013-12-02]
    * BUGFIX: VOID GUI skin preference will now play nicely with MechJeb.
    * BUGFIX: Saves to disk will now only take place when things actually need saving.

v.0.9.14 [2013-11-30]
    * TWEAK: Added rate limiting to Vessel and Surface & Atmosphere panes.
    * TWEAK: Values with configurable precision will now manipulate the unit prefix (e.g. Mm vs. km vs. m) instead of just adding a bunch of digits after the decimal.
    * TWEAK: Precision cycling is now toggled by clicking anywhere on the label or value of configurable values.  Configurable values are now denoted by an "ⁱ".
    * TWEAK: Precision cycling now limits itself within reasonable bounds.  Right-clicking now cycles through precision values in reverse.
    * BUGFIX: Will no longer sometimes cause exceptions before the scene is fully loaded.
    * BUGFIX: Improved failsafes around VesselSimulator calls.

v.0.9.13 [2013-11-20]
    * BUGFIX: Re-added "Primary" indication to the left-side HUD, because I suck at merging git branches or something.

v.0.9.12 [2013-11-17]
    * FEATURE: Added a configurable precision for some values in the Orbital pane as a trial run.
    * FEATURE: Added support for real-time rate limiting to keep overhead down (see "Update Rate" in config).  Currently only supported by Orbital.

v.0.9.11 [2013-11-12]
    * Moved the editor HUD to the top left corner to avoid conflicts with the staging selector.  It should move with the parts list, as relevant, as well.
    * BUGFIX: Added a GUI reset to fix the case where modules would not draw after a "revert to launch" in flight mode or "load craft" in editor mode.

v.0.9.10 [2013-11-12]
    * FEATURE: The VOID framework now supports Editor modules!  A very rudimentary HUD has been added to the editor by default.  Please recommend additional information and features to include!
    * BUGFIX: The VOID icon can be relocated again.  Uncheck "Lock VOID Icon" in the Configuration menu and drag it where you want it.  Note: in the editor, the button-dragging doesn't work, so the icon is docked to the main VOID window.
    * BUGFIX: Changes to the skin are now correctly saved and reloaded.
    * VOID windows now "clamp" to the edge of the screen so they cannot inadvertently be lost.

v.0.9.9 [2013-11-10]
    * Complete rewrite of the underlying architecture.  VOID is now completely modular and extensible, and uses the new XML plugin configuration save format.
    * BUGFIX: The activity label on the csv logging window now appears correctly.

v.0.9.1 [2013-11-02]
    * BUGFIX: Surface longitude and latitude now display in a more traditional 180°W-180°E format.
    * FEATURE: The current primary body is now shown in the HUD.
    * NOTICE: SpacePort is calling the download -0-9-15 for some reason; this is a mislabeling on their part; there is no version 0.9.15.

v.0.9.0 [2013-10-23]
    * FEATURE: Added delta-V calculations via VesselSimulator, courtesy cybutek.  Now visible for the current stage and the whole vessel in the "Vessel" information pane.
    * BUGFIX: Local sidereal longitude should no long occasionally fall outside the [0..360] degree range.
    * BUGFIX: Sub-zero elevations should now work correctly on bodies without oceans.

v.0.8.2 [2013-10-21]
    * Development continued by toadicus.
    * Power usage now defaults to disabled.
    * Convert mean anomaly to degrees.
    * Convert eccentric anomaly to degrees.
    * Added local sidereal longitude as a data output to the extended orbital pane.
    * Added Biome as a data output to the extended surface information pane.
    * Added Biome as an output in the surface/atmospheric ("right hand") HUD.
    * Changed "RBR" directory name to a more intuitive "VOID".

v.0.8.1 [2013-08-15]
    * Improved the Rendezvous Information window which is also now accessible from the main menu
    * Can now set in-game targets and show rendezvous info according to selected in-game target
    * Fixed small a bug or two and cleaned out a lot of un-needed GUILayout lines

v.0.8 [2013-06-12]
    * Converted from part-based PartModule to part-free KSPAddon style
    * Fixed broken icons
    * Cleaned up settings read/write
    * Lowered ElectricCharge requirement to 0.02/s
    * Removed fluff from Miscellaneous

v.0.7.2
    * Moved files to the new GameData directory

v.0.7.1
    * Fixed broken links for update checks, stats, and facts

For very old changelog entries see the old thread by Iannic-ann-od
    LICENSE:
    [Spoiler: The Fine Print]
    Last edited by toadicus; 16th August 2014 at 10:35. Reason: Updated to version 0.14.1

Love this mod!

Hud should be in the base game.

Nice mod!

edit - wops, found how to move the icon, should have read the "how to use"..
    Last edited by genveir; 22nd October 2013 at 08:29.

Quote Originally Posted by genveir View Post
    Nice mod!

edit - wops, found how to move the icon, should have read the "how to use"..
    Thanks for (perhaps indirectly) pointing out my omission of the "usage" section in the OP. Fixed!
    My AddOns
    VOID - Vessel Orbital Informational Display
    AntennaRange - Enforce and Encourage Antenna Diversity
    TweakableEverything - For all your part tweaking needs
    AdaptiveDockingNode - Creator-targeted plugin facilitating multi-size docking nodes. Featured in Cpt. Kipard's Universal Docking Port Set!

Does this display vessel delta-v stats?

I couldn't find dV anywhere in this plugin. Is there a chance it will be added?

VOID does not currently display delta-V directly. I'll try and take a look to see how involved it would be to figure it with multiple stages and dissimilar fuels and such.
    My AddOns
    AdaptiveDockingNode - Creator-targeted plugin facilitating multi-size docking nodes. Featured in Cpt. Kipard's Universal Docking Port Set!

Spacecraft Engineer
    Can anyone send me a link to the a 0.21 compatible version of VOID please? Looks awesome and I really need some of the info for a project but I'm working at sea and the internet here just isn't up to downloading 0.22.

Did try the 0.22 version but it breaks the game.

Cheers!
    0.21 / 0.22 / 023 Sandbox Game

Yes, the new biome features will break compatibility with older versions.

Here is a legacy version as of June, version 0.8. It should work in 0.18 and newer, but no promises.

I do not intend to maintain a legacy version at this time.
    My AddOns

@toadicus: Thanks! Been having a lot of issues getting Engineer to work on Linux, and so far VOID works so extremely well that I'd rather have it be a one-stop shop. If you can get dV to calculate, it'd be awesome if it could display it in the VAB as well.