• Goodbye, friends

KasperVld

Hello everyone,

It’s a very (very) old expression: “there is an end to everything, to good things as well”. It’s held true since it was first said, and it holds true for my time at Kerbal Space Program as well. Although I’ve always known that new things would come along, saying goodbye to a project I’m invested in as much as this one is never easy and never comes at an opportune moment.

Just under four years ago I started posting on these forums, helping out in Support where I could, and creating some rudimentary support documentation. Not long after the request came to join the experimental testers, soon followed by one to become a forum moderator. Two years ago I was then given the chance to come on board officially at Squad professionally, working my way up from Lead Moderator - taking care of the forums only - to Community Lead and taking charge of many more aspects of the community as well as PR and marketing. There’s been a lot to learn along the way, and I’m especially proud of having been able to help guide the game through it’s official 1.0 launch.

During this whole time the community never ceased to amaze me. Between forum posts, videos, livestreams, private messages, and any other avenue you can think of there was always something to brighten a day when working with you. I especially love reading about ways in which the game has touched people’s lives, and made them realize a previously undiscovered passion, or even inspired them to pursue a career or education in rocket science.

Now it’s time for me to move on to new and exciting projects, but I could never forget the time spent here. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the developers, taking care of the community, and of course playing the game. I can only hope you manage to inspire Andrea and Daniele similar to how you inspired me. To go back to where this post started: there is an end to everything, to good things as well. Thank you all for being an amazing community, I hope you never stop being that. Feel free to poke me on the forums or on Twitter at any time, and you’ll definitely still see me visit a KSP livestream every now and then.

Fly safe,

Kasper

rsVktz9uyeLGb997-LSEvQ1w-uZDA7qDvnN1L7a4

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ah Kasper, you have done a fantastic job with the community. I am sure whatever you do next will be great.

I still think your name is KasperVid though. That'll never change. :wink:

o excrements everyone from the original KSP team is leaving all at once it seems. Felipe, Max Maps, Kasper, (and I think 1 other guy)

Edited by Combatsmithen

17 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

o excrements everyone from the original KSP team is leaving all at once it seems. Felipe, Max Maps, Kasper, (and I think 1 other guy)

None of these guys, except for Felipe, was in " the original KSP team"... New people come in and some of them leave as years go by...

Thanks for all you have done Kasper, although my account is young I've been lurking the forums for quite some years.
    You've done great and the forums will be a lesser place without you!

Best of luck with all your future endeavors! 

My predictions is that everyone is going to Leave the KSP team Very soon 

we've seen the signs and it is very close in the future 

Felipe and Max and others and now Kasper?

So this is my Prediction of the future

Who knows Who's going to leave the team Next

"Nothing endures but change."

-- Heraclitus

You obviously have a lot of fans here, and that will no doubt be the case wherever you go. To be missed is to have made a difference, and please know that you move forward with the best wishes of an entire community to light your way.

May the view from each new orbit be brighter than the last. :cool:

On 9/30/2016 at 1:28 PM, Matuchkin said:

If @NathanKell leaves, I'm just done.

Everyone will leave at some point, so they need to hire new people tasked with creating an awesome game.

On 9/18/2016 at 5:31 PM, Combatsmithen said:

(and I think 1 other guy)

Is it Dan?

By the way, this thread needs some background music:

"Goodbye, everybody. I got to go....

Gotta LEAVE YOU ALL BEHIIND AND FAAAAAACE THE TRUTH!

MAMAAAAAAA, OHHHOHOHOOOOOO

I DON'T WANNA DIIIIE, sometimes wish I'd never BE BORN AT ALLL"

*EPIC SOLO*

Edited by Matuchkin

23 minutes ago, Prisma said:

No. No way. First HarvestR, then Ted, then PorkJet, and now you. Srsly, is SQUAD broke, or bankrupt? Or both?

Bankrupt of ethics, yes.

A couple of replies have been trimmed from this thread. Politics have nothing to do with the topic here, and are off-limits for our forum anyway. Please keep that in mind.