• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is it a Steam exclusive still? I just  checked the store and saw 1.0.5.

edit: oh, an announcement that 1.1 is almost out, and the store is being taken down. This isn't funny.

Edited by UmbralRaptor

Just now, KasperVld said:

It took a few more minutes to properly release there, but it's up!

Hooray, thanks Kasper and everyone at Squad!! :)

Just now, Fran Jansen said:

when they will update the version on GOG?

GOG manually approves any update we send them. I'd expect it to be available there within 24 hours.

Update already alive on Steam, at least here in EU. 1.1 Hype, beer, space snacks & let the launch party begins! https://www.twitch.tv/dasvaldez

Respect for all your hard work you've been gone trough these days Squad and congrats for the release! Easily one of the most happiest days of my life :cool:

Edited by Murdox

1 minute ago, Sp4rkR4t said:

Updated via Steam and the option to launch the 64bit version seems to have disappeared, how do I tell the game to launch 64 bit now?

It should launch in 64 bit by default.

is the release version the same that was on pre-release until yesterday?

It had some bugs... my lander legs would explode on load (the force applied from the leg was too much)

Congrats on the release guys! Ya'll need a break after a year of hard work on that.

Not on steam yet but I assume it just needs restarting or something.

1 minute ago, JumperBR said:

is the release version the same that was on pre-release until yesterday?

It had some bugs... my lander legs would explode on load (the force applied from the leg was too much)

A number of bugs have been fixed since yesterday, including (I believe) that one.