• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

It should launch in 64 bit by default.

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to tell in game which version is running? 

Task manager is reporting KSP.exe as a 32 bit application.  Using the KSP store version, with the launcher option set to Run 64 bit Player.

3 minutes ago, Frankenchokey said:

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to tell in game which version is running? 

Task manager is reporting KSP.exe as a 32 bit application.  Using the KSP store version, with the launcher option set to Run 64 bit Player.

Main Menu lower right corner mine is saying (x64) so maybe u want to check it out from Main Menu :)

Edited by Murdox

3 minutes ago, Frankenchokey said:

If you look in the bottom right corner of the Main Menu you'll see a version number (v1.1.0.1230), that has (x64) next to it (if you're on the 64bit version).

2 minutes ago, Murdox said:

In my Main Menu lower right corner mine is saying (x64) so maybe u want to check it out from Main Menu :)

Hmm, that's what I was expecting, but it isn't there. Maybe this is an issue with the Store version.

Edited by Frankenchokey

26 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

A number of bugs have been fixed since yesterday, including (I believe) that one.

Do you know about the antennas not functioning without animations?

Disregard, I actually forgot that this had been fixed. I've been so buried in models and textures that I've hardly had a chance to check the new builds.

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, Frankenchokey said:

Hmm, that's what I was expecting, but it isn't there. Maybe this is an issue with the Store version.

I just tested this again and my result is...

If game is running 32bit its showing only game version 1.1.0.1230 in lower right corner in Main Menu.

If game is running 64 bit its showing 1.1.0.1230 (x64) in lower right corner in Main Menu.

Edited by Murdox

17 minutes ago, Frankenchokey said:

Squad is currently looking into this.

Thanks guys!  Good thing I saw release of this update on the forums so I could copy my old Kerbal directory first before the automatic Steam update (so I can keep working mods until they are updated).  But, with the new 1.1 I just launched a 300+ part rocket at 20+fps - awesome!

@KasperVld is there a launch trailer to be expected?

Good work squad. I hope that can fix more bugs soon after a well deserved vacation.

Also thanks to all the other issue reporters an confirmers.

I just found a possible bug: after sending a kerbal into orbit and forgetting to provide him with a parachute, the capsule crashed into the surface of Kerbin and immediately gave me an unrecoverable "KSP_x64.exe has stopped working" dialogue.  I had a few mods installed from 1.05 which could be the issue, but everything was working perfectly fine until the crash-landing.  I'll try it again without any mods and post my results.

Edited by The_Spam_King
    additional info

3 minutes ago, The_Spam_King said:

I just found a possible bug: after sending a kerbal into orbit and forgetting to provide him with a parachute, the capsule crashed into the surface of Kerbin and immediately gave me an unrecoverable "KSP_x64.exe has stopped working" dialogue.  I had a few mods installed from 1.05 which could be the issue, but everything was working perfectly fine until the crash-landing.  I'll try it again without any mods and post my results.

@The_Spam_King No problem at all Spam King... Just tried to guide you towards most optimal way to get your bug report done and noticed by squad.. You can also find already existing and do your own report for bug if you can reproduce it here -> http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/prerelease/issues

Also... Any of those old 1.05 mods at least with .dll files wont work in 1.1 before getting updated by modders. I would suggest not using any old mods from 1.05 at all. There is also list of mods which got already updated for 1.1 Pre-release. Some of these wont work atm either :) Anyways have fun with 1.1 Release all of you guys!

Edited by Murdox

Wow, a good update but still LOTS of bugs to be squashed, including the broken UI, where markers for Ap, Pe and the moons and planets themselves are all over the place. also, not a fan of the new part textures, they look like they're covered in a thick layer of matt paint, is there anyway to get the old crisp textures back?

Wow, it's finally here! Only took nearly a year! :sticktongue: But to be honest, I think it was worth it. Farewell 1.0.5, you wont be missed.

And to the devs, as always, you guys are awesome!

-Rocket

If anyone isn't getting the download on Steam, I had to undo the opt-in to the prerelease, and then Steam started downloading the new release.