• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It looks like 'KSP_x64.exe' executable is missing from both the installer and the zip archive on the KSP Store.  Seems to be a distribution error, even though there is an option to run 64-bit through the launcher.

I was looking for the full release notes, or list of changes and fixes... Can someone point me to that? I seem to be unable to find it around...

Just now, bigdad84 said:

Am I the only one excited for "will soon be available on third party platforms"? 

I'm pretty sure than means GOG and other third-party vendors, not like you can get this on Xbox. Or can you?

Steam should launch it in 64bit by default. If it wont then simply launch KSP_x64.exe from game folder. When you launch it from Steam Library it should ask whether to launch it 64bit (default) or 32bit.

Sometimes Steam might be messing up with game updates/patches so i would recommend to do "Verify game files" check everytime after game updates/patches trough Steam. You can do this by right clicking game in your Steam Library and it should be found under "Local Files" tab

Edited by Murdox

18 minutes ago, SalehRam said:

I was looking for the full release notes, or list of changes and fixes... Can someone point me to that? I seem to be unable to find it around...

It is called readme.txt in your KSP folder :wink:

I just read a few things where i know they have changed during pre-release. And the bugfixes/changes are included in the readme.

Edited by KroShan

14 minutes ago, SalehRam said:

Same here i was only able to find Changelog for Pre-release build 1228. Im also curious to see the release notes for this latest release if theres any around pls guide me there :)

Woah, wait, am I reading this correctly? 1.1 is officially out? WOOOOOOOT!!!! WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! MOD IT TO DEATH ASAP!!!!! WWWWOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

4 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

What is the link for the new KSPedia?  The one when you google it is to the old one. 

KSPedia is in game now.

2 minutes ago, nli2work said:

KSPedia is in game now.

Ohh, yeah I had already seen that....thought it was something different, something more. 

Thanks for the reply. 

All I have to say is you guys really should have a 1.1 video and an updated web page considering how big an update this is.  Otherwise WOOOOOOOT congratz and thanks for all the hard work!!!!!!!!!  Signing off the forum for a few day to go play 1.1 non stop.

2 minutes ago, tajampi said:

Finally out :) 

I believe this will be the biggest update KSP has ever received if 64 bit really works! 

It really works! :)