• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

36 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

BTW the patcher works but revert the game to 1.0.5 :D

Interesting. It does revert 1.0.5.

I was curious if the patcher would pick up the missing 1.1 x64 files from the KSP Store version.

It did not,  but I suppose it is hard to determine if it could do so if it's not even updating to the correct version. 

I believe it's fixed now, my download included x64 data! (Started it like 10 mins ago) :)

(Store Download)

EDIT: Wow, that new UI, it looks nice, good job SQUAD! 

EDIT2: It's real 64 bits, time to get enough mods to crash my computer

Edited by tajampi

9 minutes ago, tajampi said:

I believe it's fixed now, my download included x64 data! (Started it like 10 mins ago) :)

(Store Download)

EDIT: Wow, that new UI, it looks nice, good job SQUAD! 

EDIT2: It's real 64 bits, time to get enough mods to crash my computer

Win, Linux, or OS X? My OS X build that i just downloaded isn't 64 bit

Is multicore support now a thing? I can't wait for the modders to catch up with the update, and then I'm very excited to finally USE my Intel Xeon (until now KSP was capped at 12.5%)...

Although im somewhat relieved that 1.1 is now officially out. There is still the other half of the battle before people get too excited.......mods

I don't know where to "bug report", so here it is. I've started it with default graphic selection and it started as 640x480 window mode on Windows. Everything seems ok until I needed to handle the UI and dialog boxes. It doesn't work. The settings interface within the game don't apply the changes and I've gave up and reconfigured using the launcher. It seems ok now.

Bug in a sentence: the UI modal dialog boxes don't work on 640x480 resolution.

Opinion: Either remove it as an option or resize the dialogs.

Great game I will log 100 hours more in the next few days.

Thanx,

Rui

Mine says "Play Kerbal Space Program"

"Launch KSP (32-bit )"

But my Windows 10 computer is 64-bit, what do I do? @KasperVld

I clicked out and clicked back onto Steam.

Edited by Fredbear12returns

12 minutes ago, Fredbear12returns said:

"Launch KSP (32-bit )"

But my Windows 10 computer is 64-bit, what do I do? @KasperVld

I clicked out and clicked back onto Steam.

64bit just refers to the amount of memory a given program can address.  A 64bit OS can run both 32 and 64 bit applications.  So you're fine, play the game.

16 minutes ago, Fredbear12returns said:

"Launch KSP (32-bit )"

I clicked out and clicked back onto Steam.

What you are seeing is a new startup option... Steam will start the 64-bit version by default, on capable hardware.

I'm sure it's been said many times before, but I'd like to give my thanks for this wonderful update as well. The new things I've seen so far have been absolutely amazing.

Bugged!  1.1

I just installed the 1.1 update on Steam and I can't get past the "Launching" screen.

Any suggestions?

2014 MBP OS X 10.11.4

Nvidia GT 750