• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

20 hours ago, KasperVld said:

A number of bugs have been fixed since yesterday, including (I believe) that one.

In version # 1228, exploding landing legs are still very VERY broken.

4 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

In version # 1228, exploding landing legs are still very VERY broken.

Version 1228 is still the prerelease. You need to opt out of the Beta.  You need to be on version 1230

Edited by Berlin

Yay! 1.1! Finally, I can finally lauch massive vessels without the annoying lag! (Which pretty much made me stop playing KSP, I HATE lag!)

It seems the struts aren't as strong in V1.1. My heavy fuel tanker kept failing on liftoff, which I have used through the last two versions. It was OK after I added more struts.

6 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Yay! 1.1! Finally, I can finally lauch massive vessels without the annoying lag! (Which pretty much made me stop playing KSP, I HATE lag!)

I still had a small amount of lag with my Heavy refueler, with almost 900 parts. It is pleasantly nicer not to have severe lag!

CPU and memory gets used better too.

They did good with this one. TBH, my game runs 2x faster than it did on 1.0.5 thanks to multicore physics and I can finally make somewhat gargantuan rockets thanks to there finally being a stable 64 bits executable for 1.1, meaning that I can finally make use of all of my 32 GB of RAM on my ultimate gaming rig I built.

Specs:

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 1200 MHz

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Quad Core @ 4.2 GHz

Hard Drive: Corsair Neutron SSD

Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma

Keyboard: Razor BlackWidow Chroma Stealth

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

Version 1228 is still the prerelease. You need to opt out of the Beta.  You need to be on version 1230

We all love this game... But its release is uncompleated. 19.04.16 >400 bugs and... Today is release...and 1230 is still contains bugs :)  Just look - wheels and it's physics not fi}i{ed.

just look :) same weght, same number of wheels, but...its physics bug :)  comparision. 1.1. released and bugtraker is closed , niсe move... community find every day a lot of bugs is in it? :wink:  

Just now, *MajorTom* said:

We all love this game... But its release is uncompleated. 19.04.16 >400 bugs and... Today is release...and 1230 is still contains bugs :)  Just look - wheels and it's physics not fi}i{ed.

just look :) same weght, same number of wheels, but...its physics bug :)  comparision. 1.1. released and bugtraker is closed , niсe move... community find every day a lot of bugs is in it? :wink:  

oh I'm aware that bugs are still around. quite a bit actually. I was just making sure that the poster I commented to was aware he was still on prerelease.

This is it??   :D   (o/`Overture.....curtain lights...o/~)   I look at the phrase Patch 1.1....and not Version 1.1......and feel anxious....is this it?  For REAL??   gotta go try it out!   :D

Has anyone tried the stock Dynawing final approach scenario? All of a sudden aircraft (And my SSTOS's :( ) seem to be made entirely out of eggshells. First I went 1 heavier landing gear up on my 37T SSTO and they still broke off. I went back to small gear bays, but doubled them up, still broke off. I had to put on the second heaviest gear to get into the air with the wheels still on, but that essentially made it useless as it cut payload weight. Besides that I spent almost an hour trying to land the stock Dynawing thing and it disintegrates on the runway almost every time even when flying <80 m/s with ROD of +/-5m/s.

My other main beef is now I cannot switch batteries off on probes to conserve power - once all power is switched off, it cannot be turned on again. I start a new game with every update, all I was trying to do was send a stayputnik on a Muner flyby. The ship was a stayputnik with 1 battery small fuel tank and 45 swivel engine. I got my encounter, then went to switch everything back on so I could crash it into the Mun instead of leaving it in orbit, but when I went to do that - nothing. I shouldn't have to bring up cheats or go into my save file to simply switch a spare power source back on!

Really ??? A lot of bugs and you released it :( 

you should wait with the release. At least another week to fix ther rest of big bugs :(

what is happening with SQUAD ?!   Wheels and legs broken, map view broken, orbit lines badly visible, etc etc...

Well guys wish you luck. But as I am reading the discussions on the Steam a lot of bugs and errors...

Tnx for the update. I havent had enough time to try it "properly", but i must say im having quite an issue with large UI elements. Navball, altimeter and some icons are huge and take a lot of the screen space. Its really hard to fly stuff properly with so much screen taken by huge UI elements. Im hoping for soon fix. It's really annoying.

Congrats!

1 hour ago, *MajorTom* said:

wheels and it's physics

42 tons is too big for only 12 wheels (as devs say).

Edited by Nuff

5 minutes ago, Nuff said:

Congrats!

42 tons is too big for only 12 wheels (as devs say).

in 1-st craft or in 2-nd? :) :):)  devs maybe say so, but 2-nd craft dont :):):) 

1 minute ago, *MajorTom* said:

in 1-st craft or in 2-nd? :) :):)  devs maybe say so, but 2-nd craft dont :):):) 

Oops, i watched only 1st half of video.

Alas, even 1.85 t per wheel is too much, they say.

12 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

Is this meant to happen to the landing gear.

The foot flip is a visual problem - the landing leg still works.

The feet seem to stay pointed down if craft is launched from VAB with the gear already lowered, but do this if gear is up, when loaded into the scene.

3 hours ago, FirstSecondThird said:

They did good with this one. TBH, my game runs 2x faster than it did on 1.0.5 thanks to multicore physics and I can finally make somewhat gargantuan rockets thanks to there finally being a stable 64 bits executable for 1.1, meaning that I can finally make use of all of my 32 GB of RAM on my ultimate gaming rig I built.

Specs:

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 1200 MHz

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Quad Core @ 4.2 GHz

Hard Drive: Corsair Neutron SSD

Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma

Keyboard: Razor BlackWidow Chroma Stealth

I have the i7-4790 which is faster for single thread than your 6700, 32 GB of 1600 mhz memory, and cloned my HD to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD last week.

Nice and snappy!

It's nice to have the better speeds 1.1 allows, isn't it!

28 minutes ago, Wild Cobra said:

I have the i7-4790 which is faster for single thread than your 6700

Why would you think that? Because the maximum clock speed is higher? The 6700K outperforms the 4790K, single thread and all 4 cores/8 threads, even though only by a small margin.