• Kerbal Space Program update 1.1 “Turbo Charged” is now available!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths, and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface
    The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

Players can now search through parts by typing in text greatly reducing the time needed to find that one part needed to complete the rocket. The Tracking Station will inform the player of a craft’s next maneuver node time, helping players to maintain several active flights at any one time. The Space Center overview features buttons for all the buildings, making sure you don’t miss out on any part of the space program by overlooking mission control!

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.

New tutorials and scenarios
    The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle.

Not only tutorials have been reworked: we’ve extended the available pool of scenarios as well, increasing it by 150%! Use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad. These new scenarios will unlock these advanced topics for any player!

A special thank you goes out to everyone involved in testing the QA, experimental and pre-release versions.

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 is now available on the KSP Store and Steam, and will soon be available on other third party platforms.

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

I don't think you quite understood. 64 bit has (theoreticly) infinite amounts of ram allowance so what is the point of 128 bit.

32-bit can address 4 gigabytes of memory. 64-bit isn't infinity. but 16 million million million bytes is near enough for most things. Current hardware, memory modules and board space, gets to 64 gigabytes without much trouble. My current PC can handle 32 gigabytes, but I am not sure it can handle bigger memory modules. That's partly a limit of the connector.

The program with stock parts runs to around 2 gigabytes, plus some memory for the OS. Just going to 8 gigabytes would more than triple the RAM for storing mods.

It took a long time for software to really take advantage of the hardware. There are game-code components that are still only available in 32-bit form, even though there was a 64-bit version of WinXP.

We all have a huge amount to thank the Unity developers for.

I'm not having crashes at all.....but in dome situation my maneuver nodes are disappearing or refusing to save.  Also, target mode SAS which is supposed to let your pilot follow the target for you doesn't work at all in my game.  At least not in the tutorials that introduced it.  I don't have much need for an auto pilot at this stage, but it is sometimes handy to pay attention to what's happening in other parts of the screen to get the bigger picture.  Curious....does target mode appear anywhere except the tutorials?  Is there an actual in-game use for it, or is just a teaching aid when you're still learning the game?  Whatever the case, I get the target, but swttching target mode on does nothing.  I still have to follow it manually, which is okay, but I'd like the option in some cases.

1 hour ago, Shad0w_General said:

Ok i cant revert back to 1.0.5 via steam. I've click on the Previous build thing in the games properties and it still uses 1.1 after a 300MB download.

I just noticed this as well. Looks like they released another build of 1.1, so it pushed 1.0.5 off of Steam. Should have zipped up a copy of 1.0.5 when I had the chance. :(

10 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

I don't think you quite understood. 64 bit has (theoreticly) infinite amounts of ram allowance so what is the point of 128 bit.

does it really? well then 128bit because its a bigger number! yea!

2 minutes ago, CaLVin-K said:

does it really? well then 128bit because its a bigger number! yea!

Well, not infinite, but hundreds of millions of times larger than the limit for 32-bit (4 GB).

36 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I just noticed this as well. Looks like they released another build of 1.1, so it pushed 1.0.5 off of Steam. Should have zipped up a copy of 1.0.5 when I had the chance. :(

It a rather big pain in my poophole.... was hoping to keep making some Planes with BDArmory and B9Aerospace parts.

After playing for a few days i must say this is probably the most buggy version of KSP i have ever seen since 1.19. I seriously hope this gets a big bug-fix patch soon. I'm playing plain vanilla right now, so its certainly not mod related.

On 4/19/2016 at 3:45 AM, Sp4rkR4t said:

Updated via Steam and the option to launch the 64bit version seems to have disappeared, how do I tell the game to launch 64 bit now?

Go to where the Steam's file are.

Then go to this-

Steam>steamapp>common>Kerbal Space Program 

Its The KSP x64 

16 hours ago, Wild Cobra said:

I guess it depends on who you go by. According to Passmark, the i7-4790K is still the king of the hill when it comes to single thread speeds. However, I was wrong in that your 6700K is one of the seven processors listed that has a faster single core speed than mine 3.6 ghz i7-4790.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

This is why you should always look at real world benchmarks, not artificial ones :) If you look at real world numbers, the 6700K wins out in pretty much every scenario. Not by much, so in real world scenario's, you are unlikely to notice any difference.

The i7-4790 without K designation has a significantly lower clockspeed, so it is to be expected that it is slower than both the 4970K and 6700K.

I Seem to be having a problem where I can't download 1.1  Every time I try it says server migration. and I've been trying for the past 18 hours.

No 1.1 for me....

4 minutes ago, JasonTGF said:

I Seem to be having a problem where I can't download 1.1  Every time I try it says server migration. and I've been trying for the past 18 hours.

No 1.1 for me....

I've seen some reports of this, it seems like flushing your DNS and/or using a different browser resolves it.

25 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I've seen some reports of this, it seems like flushing your DNS and/or using a different browser resolves it.

I've tried different computers, different browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge, IE), different networks (work and home), and flushing DNS on all of them..... and nothing.  I even tried routing via 4G on my cell phone...still nothing.  Sever Migration notice every time. It's been that way for 36+ hours.

I can confirm I'm having the same issue (Server Migration)

EDIT: Downloading the installer works though

EDIT2: I can also confirm that flushing the DNS didn't help

Edited by Deddly

20 minutes ago, Deddly said:

EDIT: Downloading the installer works though

EDIT2: I can also confirm that flushing the DNS didn't help

Unfortunately I get the server migration notice for every download - Installer, 1.1, 1.05, Mac, PC, Linux.

8 hours ago, Camacha said:

The i7-4790 without K designation has a significantly lower clockspeed, so it is to be expected that it is slower than both the 4970K and 6700K.

Clock speed isn't everything. The number of clock cycles a machine language command uses is far more important. When I was doing assembly language programming years back, this is why a 25 mhz Motorola 68040 would easily outperform a 90 mhz Intel Pentium. Then there is cache and other factors.

2 hours ago, JasonTGF said:

No 1.1 for me....

I don't know what to say. My 1.1 was blowing up ships on the launch pad, so i copied my save files, removed the whole thing that has mods and patches, and downloaded 1.1 fresh. I haven't checked to see is my heavy refueler blows up since, but i just did that about 12 hrs ago. Haven't played it since, except to see how fast my huge mining lander would launch with 1971 parts. It did pretty good. The slowdown was only around 6:1 instead of 20:1 or so before.

I've cleaned up some offtopic posts, if you want to discuss computer builds then we have a great big thread just for that over here. If anyone wants a copy of any posts removed, please feel free to PM me and I'll get a copy to you.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Thanks I tried using internet explorer instead and is downloading at this moment 

Thanks!!!

1.1 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, JasonTGF said:

Thanks I tried using internet explorer instead and is downloading at this moment 

Tried that.  Didn't work.  Tried every browser, after a DNS flush, on yet another network ( not home, not work ) and STILL - Server Migration notice on every single download.

This is getting a bit silly.  Come on Squad - there's clearly a problem here.