• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.1 is now live!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

The 1.1.1 patch is now available! This patch will bring high priority fixes to the game. Although last week’s release of 1.1 went smoothly, there were still a few bugs left to fix. Considering we updated the game’s engine we’re all very pleased with the overall state of the game. Those of you who were around for the switch from Unity 3 to Unity 4 in version 0.18.4 will certainly remember how much impact changing the game engine can have on the game’s stability.

Here's the complete changelog:

=================================== v1.1.1 ============================================================
    UI:
    * Added FlightUI Element Scaling and Navball Position Slider.
    Wheels:
    * Added auto-struts to every wheel, similar to fairing payload struts. They attach to the most massive part on the vessel. This prevents wheel suspensions from becoming unstable when the wheel is attached to a weaker part. (Attaching legs to pylons no longer causes vessels to bounce and/or break dance.)
    * Fix suspension distance and offset being inversely proportional to the rescaleFactor of a wheel. Fixes LT-1 and LT-2 leg suspensions actually getting smaller despite scale being larger, causing them to visually sink into the ground, and have shorter useful suspensions.
    * Some configuration tweaks suggested by GoSlash27 for the free and fixed landing gears have been integrated, which dramatically improve issues with instability on those gears. Thank you GoSlash27!
    * Fixed some model hierarchy issues with small and medium retractable landing gears, which fixes some odd suspension forces, an animation issue, and the inability to lock the suspension on these gears.
    * Raise the default integration substeps on wheels from 4 to 8, which should dramatically improve the accuracy of the wheel simulation without affecting performance too much.
    * Added separate settings for wheel integrator substep accuracy for active and inactive vessels, which can be tweaked in each wheel's part configuration, or globally from settings.cfg. Inactive vessels get slightly less accuracy to improve performance.
    * "No crash damage" cheat now prevents wheels from blowing up their parts due to gratuitously large impacts. It does not, however, prevent the wheel from entering the damaged state.
    * Halved the deflection magnitude of free and fixed gears, as they are technically much more rigid than other gears, but their lack of suspension travel makes them much more vulnerable to deflection stress, making them twice as tough.
    Editor:
    * Performed significant optimisation of performance intensive areas such as part attaching and dettaching. 
    * Implemented general optimisation throughout editor.
    * Implemented automatic temporary symmetry when the logic expects the symmetry mode or method to be different. I.e when placing engines on tri-couplers in SPH using mirror mode. Fixes part initialization issues. 
    Bug Fixes and Tweaks:
    * Made Kerbal Portrait and ScreenMessage lists public.
    * Show complete cost (base cost + module cost) in part tooltips in editor.
    * Add optional PQS shader using all mappings (for modders).
    * Tweak skin<->internal conduction, slightly increase internal max temps of Mk1 cockpits.
    * No longer spam the log when parsing plugin data.
    * Tweak default exhaust heating upwards slightly.
    * Change building impact damage to be based on kinetic energy by default, not momentum. Make damage configurable in Physics.cfg. Fixes an issue with building damage and wheels.
    * Improve orbit calculation when in 1x warp. Orbit info no longer flickers.
    * Show specified rather than calculated sea level temperature when viewing a planet's page in the knowledge base window in map view.
    * Add more checks (flameout or port disabled) to RCS's Torque Provider.
    * Optimizations to vessel stat-finding and orbital force calculations.
    * Add the missing extension method, uncomment the bits that needed it
    * Admin facility now with vertical scrolling.
    * Adjusted Career Widget Z Pos for higher scaling.
    * Restore part delete sound when deleting parts in editor.
    * Considerable tweaks to building damage to avoid wheels insta-popping them.
    * Renamed the editor filter for Surface Attach to Surface Attach Only to avoid confusion.
    * Optimized getGeeForceAtPosition to not recalculate things it shouldn't.
    * Increased stability in orbital calculation when off rails.
    * Added UI Element scaling for all in-flight UI elements.
    * Removed a fix for a 5.1.1 unity bug which had a unefficient complexity.
    * Check if the body has an ocean before checking if we're under water!
    * Removed text length on input device name.
    * Fixed NRE from Underwater Fog.
    * Fixed gigantor solar panel showing through the main craft.
    * Fixed a bug with science lab science/day display.
    * Fixed where the target could be unset in tutorials.
    * Fixed latitude not displaying in AeroGUI.
    * Fixed an issue where missing directories could break save/load.
    * Fixed an exception in Procedural Fairing interstages.
    * Fixed inability to timewarp near Jool.
    * Fixed some miscellaneous tutorial bugs.
    * Fixed an issue with RequestResource on EVA kerbals.
    * Fixed an issue with the underwater FX applying even if the body does not have an ocean.
    * Fixed issue with decouple action firing jettison in ModuleJettison.
    * Fixed lab display rate to count scientist multiplier.
    * Fixed memory leak in part highlighter and attach node icon destruction.
    * Fixed inability to target things by using map context menu.
    * Fixed targeting being improperly locked in map view.
    * Fixed typo in science tutorial.
    * Fixed an oversight when computing duration/deadline text.
    * Fixed for NRE in UIPartActionController
    * Fixed colour tint on some parts.
    * Fixed multiple docking port joint weakness.
    * Fixed KSPedia page corruption from switching scenes.
    * Fixed issue with decouple action on jettison.
    * Fixed Ap/Pe flickering.
    * Fixed an issue where scientist bonus was counted twice in labs.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yesterday i launched a SpaceSpation for Solar Orbiot(contract) with 2 Pilots onboard.

When i came back to LKO i noticed missing parachutes...so i decided to build a rocket that can dock and bring the kerbals safe home.

But now i have an insane bug...as soon as docking is finished, my whole Vessel dissapears, losing height and falling into the planet...i cant click anything then, also ESC dont work to revert to launchpad or space center.

(Only ALT-F4 works then)

Seems to be a Kraken...i play with some mods...Procedural Parts, MRS Lite, KER, SVE and Planetshine.

When im home today, i try to reproduce this and make a Video to show it here.

Edited by Hickey676

I've gotten neither the non-Beta 1.1 nor the 1.1.1 update on Steam. Is this some regional restriction nonsense? (non-US player here). Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by tov

Landed on the Mun on a 15 degree incline with LT1 legs, and am currently sliding downhill on the landing legs.  Picking up speed, too.  WTF, Squad?

Although last week’s release of 1.1 went smoothly, ... "

Um, right.

Thanks for the patch! (lets see if my Munbases stop leaping off the ground)

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

Does this mean I'll finally be able to have an orbit of Jool less than 1,000km? 

Edited by RandomUser

1 hour ago, tov said:

I've gotten neither the non-Beta 1.1 nor the 1.1.1 update on Steam. Is this some regional restriction nonsense? (non-US player here). Anyone else having this problem?

Did you make sure to opt out of the beta branch? If not, go to the window where you opted in for the prerelease in the first place and make sure to have it set to 'opt out of all betas'. 

The flight UI rescaling is not working for me. Whenever I exit the settings menu in flight, the UI reverts back to default size and location. Anyone else having this problem.  Playing un-modded on KSP 64 bit.

Great work guys, but multi docking still not working .. i undock 1 port and the rest of the ports fall off and i'm using stock only, there is a improvement there but still not right .

Oh nice. I hope this fixed some crashes, or my mods just like to random crash even i had same mods on 1.0.5 without problems. I like if i could get code from steam to activate ksp store edition, so i could play it on go without getting steam on usb, like for prison architect (i hope saying that doesnt give warning for me. :/ ), they got that kind of system and i could download older versions of ksp. 

34 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Did you make sure to opt out of the beta branch? If not, go to the window where you opted in for the prerelease in the first place and make sure to have it set to 'opt out of all betas'. 

Thank you!

For some reason I assumed opting into the beta branch meant I would get the latest release, not that I would get strictly betas.

Is anyone else having getting fullscreen anti-aliasing applied when AA is turned on? And I do mean FSAA: everything is getting AA'ed, even UI elements. It makes everything blurry; text hurts to read.

I'm on Win7 x64, KSP x64, and a Radeon 7970. (AA method is Supersampling and using the game setting for AA control.)

Turning AA completely off is the solution for me. Never had this problem before in 1.0.5 and prior. Are the UI elements plumbed through the same shaders as everything else? Most other games I know of AA only 3D objects. Flat, 2D UI elements and text are generally untouched. (Unless I'm stupid and turn on something like edge-detection. BTW, that's off by default in my system. I learned my lesson a while ago.)

39 minutes ago, airbrushmatt said:

Great work guys, but multi docking still not working .. i undock 1 port and the rest of the ports fall off and i'm using stock only, there is a improvement there but still not right .

oh man, how I hate to hear this. I planned to test it as soon as I got home, now I dont even feel like playing KSP until this gets fixed.

bummer

*sigh*

A slow DSL connection, nearly 4 hours to download ... unpack the zip file, run the program (Win 64 version), put a capsule up in the VAB, add a chute, take chute off and discard - crash.

15 hours ago, Simicro said:

Many thanks!

I bought KSP on the KSP Store, where can I download the patch?

From the Ksp store under "orders", click download, and find your os installer or zip. I always do Zip.

airbrushmatt reports problem with multi-docking:

8 minutes ago, Dafni said:

oh man, how I hate to hear this. I planned to test it as soon as I got home, ....

"YMMV" - using stock parts & the Jool scenario, which has 4 orange tanks each 2-port docked to a center truss.. I don't have a problem with other ports breaking, after detaching one of the tanks. I also gave a try reconnecting the detatched tank... catching up.... took... a while, lol. And then lining up a reconnect... I succeeded, but I didn't have it lined up perfectly enough, I think, to reconnect both ports in one attempt.

1 hour ago, RandomUser said:

Does this mean I'll finally be able to have an orbit of Jool less than 1,000km? 

Testing w/ stock Jool airbrake scenario (so nice to have this) I have no trouble with timewarp, orbit PE 300 km  / AP 3000 km

1 hour ago, Redleg1 said:

The flight UI rescaling is not working for me. Whenever I exit the settings menu in flight, the UI reverts back to default size and location. Anyone else having this problem.  Playing un-modded on KSP 64 bit.

If you hit apply or accept it will save the settings, if you hit close it cancels the changes. Can you confirm which button you are pressing?

This announcement came out in the middle of the night at my place.
    It's a nice surprise!

I'm going to try it out this weekend to see if my early planes are less jumpy now.

Good job and keep it up!

I'm still getting the bug where you cant move the LY-05 LY-01 (always mix the names) fixed landing gear in the SPH because they snap to the centreline of the object they are attached to and won't move, when you try to move them.

2 hours ago, Smorfty said:

Just checked and I had 68% cpu usage in the VAB and 45% in the space center.....

Same issue here, now and before the patch, it's not the usage that concerns me (its only 45-50% in the editor for me on a 4970k) it's the heat that's being generated while under a relatively low load.