• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.2 is now live!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. Patch 1.1.2 addresses issues with the user interface and landing legs, amongst others.

Here's the complete changelog:

=================================== v1.1.2 ============================================================
    * Fixed an issue with triggers and convexity in loading models.
    * Fixed exception in the Stage Only mode of Vessel Resources panel.
    * Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting.
    * Fixed an issue where some vessels might explode on go to pad (introduced in 1.1.1).
    * Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.
    * Optimized moment of inertia calculations and some matrix operations.
    * Fixed an issue with an offset in the small landing gear part.
    * Optimized drag calculations.
    * Made wheel autostrutting more configurable.
    * Fixed some display issues in KSPedia.
    * Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
    * Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.
    * Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.
    * Removed non-working "disable suspension" tweakable.
    * Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.
    * Removed unneeded image effects on UI camera for increased performance.
    * Fixed issue where IVA field of view changes applied to flight camera on exiting IVA.
    * Remove some garbage creation in Part.Update.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals on EVA rescue contracts weren't fully destroyed if the contract was not done. Added a check to clear any 'empty' EVA'd Kerbal vessels in existing saves.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals were able to be renamed through KB.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

too slow... third.

Well done Guys. Take a Break... while us modders get all our mods up to speed with 1.1.2. Cheers!

Edited by JPLRepo

Thank you! I hope this will silence all negative comments. The amount of work which has gone into 1.1 must have been enormous. I did notice several bugs but i also noticed many improvements f.e. the optimisation in load time.

Just now, TheCardinal said:

Thank you! I hope this will silence all negative comments. The amount of work which has gone into 1.1 must have been enormous. I did notice several bugs but i also noticed many improvements f.e. the optimisation in load time.

Oops, double post lol

1 minute ago, Kadrush said:

All my mods....gonne...oh god!!!

I feel you bro. Just manually updated 42 mods, then this patch came out. xD

Nice work, guys! Keep it up!

Although I still miss the possibility to scale the itsy-bisty teeny-weeny unreadable small fonts in Map View/Tracking Station with high resolutions, regardless of the selected UI size (e.g. 150%)  ^_^

3 minutes ago, dannway said:

I feel you bro. Just manually updated 42 mods, then this patch came out. xD

same here. spent last night updating all my mods and removing non-working ones so i could play today...

o well, i'm still glad squad fixed bugs and improved the game rather than taking theirwell earned holiday first.

41 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Tweakable suspensions, yes!

Yeah, that was the thing that totally stood out to me. Gonna help, especially with FAR, where you got like 80m/s landing speeds at times!

Edited by Temeter

Tweakable suspension ... it's great you guys listened to us! Now if something doesn't work, it's our own problem :lol:

A few more suggestions:

• Surface friction/drag depending on biome. This will solve a lot of issues with gliding landers on low grav moons and will create an incentive to use the runway in career mode ;-)
    • Adjustable electric motors for the rover wheels, more power = more mass, more resource consumption, heat production. Some rovers on Kerbin aren't able to climb a shallow hill.
    • Adjustable stress levels for rover wheels and landing struts, more strength = more mass. This way you can have people with a tight Delta-v budget have the same model wheel but lighter for tiny moons and people on kerbin building heavy trucks. This is true in real life: tires and suspension systems often have identical size for different car brands & models and are adapted for each model (think McPherson strut).

Thanks for creating the possibility for modders to define rover wheel resource type! This will create some very interesting possibilities for creating simulated racing engines and transmissions!

Once again, great job guys!

38 minutes ago, KSPlenny:D said:

I just got BDArmory! Will this affect it? I mean. It's for 1.1 Will it work in 1.1.2? I'll try now.

It should work, all 1.1 Mods work with 1.1.x