• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.2 is now live!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. Patch 1.1.2 addresses issues with the user interface and landing legs, amongst others.

Here's the complete changelog:

=================================== v1.1.2 ============================================================
    * Fixed an issue with triggers and convexity in loading models.
    * Fixed exception in the Stage Only mode of Vessel Resources panel.
    * Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting.
    * Fixed an issue where some vessels might explode on go to pad (introduced in 1.1.1).
    * Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.
    * Optimized moment of inertia calculations and some matrix operations.
    * Fixed an issue with an offset in the small landing gear part.
    * Optimized drag calculations.
    * Made wheel autostrutting more configurable.
    * Fixed some display issues in KSPedia.
    * Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
    * Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.
    * Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.
    * Removed non-working "disable suspension" tweakable.
    * Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.
    * Removed unneeded image effects on UI camera for increased performance.
    * Fixed issue where IVA field of view changes applied to flight camera on exiting IVA.
    * Remove some garbage creation in Part.Update.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals on EVA rescue contracts weren't fully destroyed if the contract was not done. Added a check to clear any 'empty' EVA'd Kerbal vessels in existing saves.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals were able to be renamed through KB.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

12 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

I am going to threaten with fifty lashes from a wet noodle, the next person who says they game is broken after using the patcher.  GUYS the game's not broken, the Patcher IS.

Do I get some kind of sauce with these noodles? Preferably something with meatballs and onions.

4 hours ago, Steel Chicken said:

1) The patcher is part of the game.

2) If the patcher breaks the game when used as directed, the game is broken.

3) Squad should just remove the patcher because it has never worked right.

Well tectinaly the Patcher is not part of the game since it's by definition a separate program.  so there is that.  By now everyone should know that the patcher is broken so regardless of you opinion DON'T USE IT, since you know it won't work.  

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle for you!

1 hour ago, Stranded said:

Do I get some kind of sauce with these noodles? Preferably something with meatballs and onions.

IF I have to, I suppose, though I more prefer a garlic, with a white wine cream sauce.

2 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

By now everyone should know that the patcher is broken so regardless of you opinion DON'T USE IT, since you know it won't work.  

So it's perfectly reasonable to put a giant "Update" button on the official launcher that does nothing but corrupt your install? Dunno about you, but this strikes me as more than a little unprofessional. Even more unprofessional than leaving an "Update" button in the launcher when it does nothing - which is what we had for the last year.
    Like I said, there's nothing wrong with using rsync to update the game, it works just fine when done locally.

How Squad could fumble this one really boggles the mind. Leaving it in a state where it practically begs to be used, and with no warning that it will bork your install is either incompetence or outright laziness.

Squad: <places candy in front of child> "This is official Squad candy, go ahead, perfectly safe" What, exactly, do you expect to happen here?
    It's only us cynical old codgers (who have seen Squad screw this up before) that will approach this with the requisite level of suspicion. For everyone else, it's just "Your patcher broke the game, WTH?"

I use rsync on a regular basis, not only do I use it to clone copies of KSP, I also use rsync to back up and restore complete operational servers, including terabytes of data. By comparison, patching the game should be easy. Give me access to the sync server and auth system and I will gladly fix this mess.

---

Again, as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the patcher. It's the sync server that's dishing up the wrong files.

Edited by steve_v

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

Snip

^^knows patcher been broken for a year... still tries to use it.

Your complaint is legitimate!   Just not very productive.

Perhaps e-mail squad tech support every day till they fix it.  That would probably be more productive.

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle for you!  (did you have a sause request?)

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

It's the sync server that's dishing up the wrong files.

So different reason same result.  same solution.  DOn't use the patcher.

10 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

^^knows patcher been broken for a year... still tries to use it.

Let me fix that for you: ^^knows patcher been broken for a year... still tries to use it. Spends more time investigating issue than Squad does, apparently. Is getting tired of Squad releasing obviously broken software.

4 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

Perhaps e-mail squad tech support every day till they fix it.

Good idea. I'm thinking a script that runs the patcher continuously and emails on every failure though... that would be more like 1 mail per minute. :P

6 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

same solution.  DOn't use the patcher.

Not a solution. A workaround perhaps, but not a solution, especially not for those on slow connections.

Solution: Squad fixes patcher, or removes bait from launcher. Squad starts properly testing software before making available to customers.

3 hours ago, steve_v said:

Squad starts properly testing software before making available to customers.

Squad's upper management is probably never going to allow enough time for that to ever happen.

3 hours ago, steve_v said:

Good idea. I'm thinking a script that runs the patcher continuously and emails on every failure though... that would be more like 1 mail per minute. :P

Don't let them know it's you; I'd expect you'd be banned.

Better yet, maybe find something more constructive? All those emails will likely just get auto-deleted as spam before they even are noticed by someone and cause annoyance.

1 hour ago, KocLobster said:

Squad's upper management is probably never going to allow enough time for that to ever happen.

Indeed. This was a dig at said management, not the devs per-se. Just like the 1.1 wasn't ready bit.

Don't let them know it's you; I'd expect you'd be banned.

No kidding, which, aside from it being a pointless exercise anyway, is why I haven't.

Better yet, maybe find something more constructive?

Like? As I don't have the requisite level of access or source code, I can't fix this.

Edited by steve_v

7 hours ago, steve_v said:

especially not for those on slow connections.

People still use Dial up?  SHeesh I am sorry for them.  For every one else the patcher is not necessary since normal update take about 30min to dL the whole zip.  At updates only come 3 or 6 times a year on average.

2 hours ago, p14082003 said:

hey guys how do I update it? Steam isn't updating it and I don't know how

What do you mean?  What do you want to update?  It should auto update as long as you dont have  it set to pre release or last stable release.

7 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

People still use Dial up?  SHeesh I am sorry for them.  For every one else the patcher is not necessary since normal update take about 30min to dL the whole zip.  At updates only come 3 or 6 times a year on average.

Well I am on a T1 line, and it takes about 2-3 hours to download the full 1.6gb install, so they need to let Steve_v take a crack at this. Since I know the question is going to come up, I live out in the middle of nowhere, and a T1 line is the best I could get to keep my work vpn connected. Satellite has too much lag, and a T1 line can be run anywhere where dsl and cable have distance restrictions. T1 is a proven technology and I have never had an issue other than some yahoo with a backhoe cutting the fiber channel a few towns over and I wasn't alone in the misery. I too use rsync, and didn't think anything about it screwing up the install. Not everyone got the memo evidently, and like Steve_v said, if they know it's not working, then disable it from the launcher. Bring on the noodles.

10 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

What do you mean?  What do you want to update?  It should auto update as long as you dont have  it set to pre release or last stable release.

He mean (and I mean as well) that I do have prerelease set, but no updates since 1.1.0.128

9 hours ago, Stranded said:

T1 line, and it takes about 2-3 hours

WHAT???? why a) zip file is 500-600mb, b) 2-3 hours till too long for a T1 line.  I have DSL and it takes me about 20 min.

5 hours ago, tarkhil said:

My game is still 1.1.0.128. Restarted Steam, no visible effect. 

Fully uninstall and reinstall it then.  If you have a save game you want to save move it the save folder out of the install directory before using steam to uninstall the game. Then place the folder back after reinstalling.

Edited by mcirish3

3 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

Fully uninstall and reinstall it then.  If you have a save game you want to save move it the save folder out of the install directory before using steam to uninstall the game. Then place the folder back after reinstalling.

No success. Installation from scratch on different notebook yielded same result.

10 hours ago, tarkhil said:

No success. Installation from scratch on different notebook yielded same result.

OK so you are downloading from steam and your beta screen looks like this... KtSmmHP.png

Man sorry not sure then.  Contact Squad support.

5 hours ago, Markush100 said:

this update just broke the game for me, guess i will have to play 1.0.5

^^ This is how not to get help.

Game ran great for almost 24 hours straight after building three ships and parking a munar ore bot and letting it mine overnight.  Today, was humming along just fine when for no apparent reason, it CTD'd out of nowhere.  Now cannot complete even a simple ship in VAB without CTD after about 10-15 minutes.  I changed NOTHING from the time it was working to the time it stopped working.  Only mods are mechjeb and redux. 1.1.2.1260  Win7 64 8G. 

Been playing since 0.25.  This is by far the most unstable release ever.

Just too bad that 1.1 was forced on me and I haven't been able to play since. 1.1 broke many things, to the extent that even after editing my registry to completely rid my computer of KSP then re-installing, I still can't use landing legs, rover wheels, or the Gigantor solar array