• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.2 is now live!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. Patch 1.1.2 addresses issues with the user interface and landing legs, amongst others.

Here's the complete changelog:

=================================== v1.1.2 ============================================================
    * Fixed an issue with triggers and convexity in loading models.
    * Fixed exception in the Stage Only mode of Vessel Resources panel.
    * Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting.
    * Fixed an issue where some vessels might explode on go to pad (introduced in 1.1.1).
    * Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.
    * Optimized moment of inertia calculations and some matrix operations.
    * Fixed an issue with an offset in the small landing gear part.
    * Optimized drag calculations.
    * Made wheel autostrutting more configurable.
    * Fixed some display issues in KSPedia.
    * Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
    * Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.
    * Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.
    * Removed non-working "disable suspension" tweakable.
    * Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.
    * Removed unneeded image effects on UI camera for increased performance.
    * Fixed issue where IVA field of view changes applied to flight camera on exiting IVA.
    * Remove some garbage creation in Part.Update.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals on EVA rescue contracts weren't fully destroyed if the contract was not done. Added a check to clear any 'empty' EVA'd Kerbal vessels in existing saves.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals were able to be renamed through KB.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

Ok, just patched my (working) 1.1.1 up to 1.1.2, result:

./KSP.x86_64 
    Set current directory to /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-testing
    Found path: /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-testing/KSP.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-testing/KSP_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-testing/KSP_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-testing/KSP_Data/Mono/etc'
    displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
    client has 4 screens
    displaymanager screen (0)(HDMI-0): 1920 x 1080
    Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
    PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics settings: Could..... not preload global game manager #0   i=0
    Failed to initialize player

On STDOUT, no game. Really guys? No log either.

I've got the same thing. :huh:

1 minute ago, Psycho_zs said:

I've got the same thing. :huh:

Fresh DL works for me, guess the patcher screwed something up. Why am I not surprised at this. :rolleyes:

Patched up to 1.1.2, Game refuses to load!
    Freeze on loading screen.
    Why did I update, oh woe is me.

Edited by Cpt-Kerk

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Right before the weekend.
    Nice....
    "Hey, nice mods you have there...  annnnnnnd..  There gone."

And why would your mods just stop working? That isn't how hotfixes work.

Is anyone having landing gear (not sure about wheels) problems where as soon as the gear touches the surface the whole vessel blows up?  

15 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

Is anyone having landing gear (not sure about wheels) problems where as soon as the gear touches the surface the whole vessel blows up?  

yes read back a few pages. Also there are random Crashes / lock ups from the VAB

14 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

Kram45,
     Yeah, that's one of the major bugs since 1.1 and the switch to Unity 5. Try this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138567-112-basic-landing-gear-fixer/

If that doesn't do it for you, kick me a copy of your .craft and I'll take a look at it.

Best,
    -Slashy

I didn't intend to knock anyone's hardware.  My point was that the argument "I've never seen a crash, so calling the game broken is unjustified." is an oversimplification.  1.1.2 *is* broken, for several reasons.  The continuing crashes some are experiencing in the VAB/SPH and the docked vessel phantom force bug are show stoppers, imho.  I'm very happy and grateful for what Squad has done so far.  I think 1.1 shows a lot of promise, but it was clearly rushed and isn't cooked yet.  I'm hoping they can come back from their break with fresh, rested minds and get us a product that lives up to the stability we came to expect of 1.05.

8 hours ago, AquilaLP said:

NOOOO! I just updated like 100 Mods and made sure that everything works fine and now they just release that small Update and everything stopped working! 

Jesus Christ i hope module manager will be updated soon :(

So much NOT this ---- don't EVER DO THIS EVER EVER EVER.

was the small gear taken out of patch 1.1.2 because some of my craft files from 1.1.1 wont load. It says gearsmall is the part thats missing 

Edited by maybach123

3 hours ago, Cpt-Kerk said:

Patched up to 1.1.2, Game refuses to load!
    Freeze on loading screen.
    Why did I update, oh woe is me.

I suggest belt-and-suspenders safe upgraded+modded gaming techniques.  We want games to just work, but if you want the cool features on a game with mods that's under active development, you have to do a bit more to live at the performance edge.  And if you would like help, give a few more details.

Backups, backups, backups.  Make sure any game you have from a previous version has its savegame copied to a safe location before you use it to see if you'll have problems.

Don't know what OS you have, whether you run 32-bit on Windows or 64-bit on which of the 3, or whether you get KSP from the store or Steam, but all of this can be adapted to any of them.

Start with the base KSP game.  No mods.  Wipe the previous download as possibly corrupted.  Clean out the install directory of ALL files (move them to a safe location if you're not sure you might need something from them, like a savegame not backed up).

Download the game fresh.  If on Steam, after it finishes, ask it to verify the files.

Then run it once, unmodded, to confirm it's okay.  Don't even leave the first menu screen.  Record the new version number (should be 1.1.2.1260).

Then exit.  Copy the whole game directory to a new location.  This is your pristine unmodded copy of 1.1.2.1260.  Then copy that one again.  This is your working copy of 1.1.2.1260.  This one you mod and play, via a direct link to the game executable, KSP_x64.exe on 64-bit Windows.   I give more details on using these copies here.

Then launch KSP from your working copy, without mods.  Make a sandbox or a career game.  Make simple fresh craft. Play with it a bit.

Then check your mods for updates (especially Module Manager which has a need new version for KSP 1.1.2) and add them in, only a few at a time.

It's a pain, but you can avoid some of the bugs.  You work around them and find what works.

Edited by Jacke

11 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Still NOT on gog.com... 

Because GOG takes 12-24 hours to validate the file and package it to work properly with GOG Galaxy.

Also, 1.1.1 was deliberately /not/ included on GOG at Squad's request due to bugs.

So, I notice planted flags (at least on Kerbin) still tend to fall out of the ground--- and then slide downhill---- when you restore a saved game.

Also, sometimes when I haven't planted a flag, when I restore a saved game it doesn't seem to be in the Kerbal's inventory.      But if you run around a bit, it reappears in his inventory.

Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting

Now they just explode spectacularly when they touch any surface! WOOO!

Starting to get a bit mad now.
    Macbook users have had a graphics error sense 1.1 and it still isn't resolved. In fact its getting worse
    This graphic error is causing the game to crash quite frequently and if it doesn't crash it causes the game to crawl 
    5eii1fr.png

this first pic is from 1.1.1.

tkDqU3S.png

This pic is from 1.1.2.
    Both have graphics setting have been untouched. 
    However many other Macbook uses have stated they have tried messing with the graphic settings and the same results happen.

Im glad I've kept 1.0.5 because the past 3 updates have been unplayable.
    Squad you re a good group but I'm starting to get the feeling Macs are being left behind.

I know this belongs in the tech support part but as y'all can see i have posted a link to an already posted thread that has received no aid 

8 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I think this http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7570 needs to get a higher priority regarding VAB crashes. KSP is working extra hard in the VAB now for some reason, and I'd guess crashes are either from bad code and/or overheating.

I just tested in 1.1.0 and noticed while in the VAB doing nothing and no ground crew my CPU was running at 73%. What?!?! I then checked version 1.0.5 and in VAB no crew CPU was running from 3% to 35% with quite a bit of fluctuating. Again doing nothing. No ship loaded even. Are burned up CPU's and GPU's going to soon be on the complaint list?

UPD: Running on a Dell 2.40 ghz 8 core, 12GB ram with a GTX 750Ti 2GB video card. Windows 7.

Edited by Thrundar
    Updated info

8 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I think this http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7570 needs to get a higher priority regarding VAB crashes. KSP is working extra hard in the VAB now for some reason, and I'd guess crashes are either from bad code and/or overheating.

Really sad to see a changelog in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 addressing petty "bugs" that ONE guy will submit in the tracker. Also considering that these bug fixes are the lowest common denominator. The obvious priority here is the VAB CRASHING IN 64bit. Unstable .25 builds from 2014 ran alot more stable than this. And the funny thing is modders would not touch it. I will say that Squad please take yur much needed break. You deserve it. When you come back please address the real problems with the game. 

6 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

I do apologize if my statements seam hurtful or negative. I don't respond well when a developer issues a major release 1.1 then patches 1.1.1 and rapid fires a hotfix 1.1.2 then says there taking a vacation. My issue with this is where is the QA in all this? I wouldn't be as vocal if the game worked, but it does not. You can not build a ship to even see the other issues and they are going on vacation? Why do developers feel they can issue products that don't work. Example just this year XCOM 2 (a series i love) launched DOA and I still can not play it. Now KSP is RIP intell they can at least fix the VAB bug. So forgive my negativity but I'm tired of wasting my free time attempting to enjoy myself just to have the product I payed for fail.

The thing about the QA is people are just using it to play the game rather than truely test it. 

6 hours ago, Kerbart said:

I can understand your frustration, but it is very easy for the outsider to interpret your post as “overreacting.” The game is not totally broken; if there are issues in the VAB there might be something wrong with your install; I haven't seen a lot of posts about it in the forum and for me personally the VAB works fine (aside from a few minor issues, but good enough for gameplay).

Fresh install do this

5 hours ago, mciann said:

People - the CTDs appear to be related to performance.  I haven't seen any, either, but then again I'm running a quad core i7 i4770 3.5 machine with an MSI high performance gaming motherboard.  Not everyone has access to hardware that can survive whatever is going on in the VAB/SPH.

NOPE!

core i7 4770K

16 DDR3 Corsair

AMD 7870

Win 10 

CRASHES after every 7th part in VAB and 40% CTD when changing scenes

Game is simply not addressing memory correctly. Its like the game code is ignoring the fact its 64 bit 

5 hours ago, Kiro said:

Well after several hours of playing in career mode I was very happy to report no CTD while in VAB, ironically, as I was exiting the game, the game crashed as it got back to the main menu. I'll take it though, must be a memory leak somewhere I presume. If any DEV would like to see an output file for this, let me know.

I have an i7-5820K, 16Gb Ram, a GTX Titan X, on an ASUS X99-A motherboard. I've been having massive CTDs. Its not my hardware :wink:

DITTO , your not the only one

Squad needs to address the game inhibiting issues and stop wasting time on wheels. And to think that all that work on wheels was a waste due to them needing even newer version of Unity to pull it off. Just focus on what you can fix and stop the nonsence hotfix hyper releases that keep putting bandaids over the top of bloody bandaids. Heres an example of a bug fix that seems to be such high priority over serious CTD problems:

Seriously?

I do wish Squad all of luck. Constructive critic out

Edited by lextacy

3 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

Kram45,
     Yeah, that's one of the major bugs since 1.1 and the switch to Unity 5. Try this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138567-112-basic-landing-gear-fixer/

If that doesn't do it for you, kick me a copy of your .craft and I'll take a look at it.

Best,
    -Slashy

So I did try the patch you offered (thank you for that) but all it did was accelerate the speed that the nose launched off the front as it exploded. Sorry

37 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Really sad to see a changelog in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 addressing petty "bugs" that ONE guy will submit in the tracker. Also considering that these bug fixes are the lowest common denominator. The obvious priority here is the VAB CRASHING IN 64bit.

Squad needs to address the game inhibiting issues and stop wasting time on wheels...Heres an example of a bug fix that seems to be such high priority over serious CTD problems:

Seriously?

I understand that it's frustrating when an update has bugs but I think people should try to be a bit less negative towards the devs. Some bugs are easier to solve than others which is why the 'trivial' bug fixes come a lot faster than the major issues. It's not that Squad isn't putting time into it or is ignoring the issue, there's just a lot more code that goes into making the VAB function compared to renaming a Kerbal. It can be difficult to sort through it all and isolate what the problem is. So please be patient and polite. :(

They fixed lesser issues and ignored major problems?!??! Now they will be gone 2-3 weeks while we have a product that is an unholy unstable mess that has rendered it all but unplayable! What in the name of jeb is going on? They failed to correctly triage the problems. The major issues needed priority not the minor ones!

Edited by AlamoVampire

6 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

So I did try the patch you offered (thank you for that) but all it did was accelerate the speed that the nose launched off the front as it exploded. Sorry

Fair enough. But my offer still stands. If you kick me a copy of the .craft file, I'll take a look at it and see if I can help you sort it out.

Best,
    -Slashy

The flag bug is still not fixed ... loading a flag set in 1.0.5 will cause the flag "jump" out of the surface after 2 seconds and fly around/fall to the floor.

If the flag was set on a mountain it'll fall all the way down ... sad that they coulnd't fix it before going away :(

1 hour ago, lextacy said:

Squad needs to address the game inhibiting issues and stop wasting time on wheels. And to think that all that work on wheels was a waste due to them needing even newer version of Unity to pull it off. Just focus on what you can fix and stop the nonsence hotfix hyper releases that keep putting bandaids over the top of bloody bandaids. Heres an example of a bug fix that seems to be such high priority over serious CTD problems:

Perhaps you think they should hold off fixes for items they have a quick and easy fix for? Protip: Not all problems are of the same complexity, or difficulty to solve. If they have 20 issues that affect few people and are easy to fix, and one issue that affects a lot of people and is hard to solve - they should damn well release fixes for the 20 while still working on the one.

I "love" all the arm-chair software development, from people who have likely never worked in the industry. :huh: