• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.2 is now live!


    KasperVld

    1.1 Turbo Charged

     

     

    Hello everyone!

     

    We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. Patch 1.1.2 addresses issues with the user interface and landing legs, amongst others.

     

    Here's the complete changelog:

    =================================== v1.1.2 ============================================================
    * Fixed an issue with triggers and convexity in loading models.
    * Fixed exception in the Stage Only mode of Vessel Resources panel.
    * Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting.
    * Fixed an issue where some vessels might explode on go to pad (introduced in 1.1.1).
    * Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.
    * Optimized moment of inertia calculations and some matrix operations.
    * Fixed an issue with an offset in the small landing gear part.
    * Optimized drag calculations.
    * Made wheel autostrutting more configurable.
    * Fixed some display issues in KSPedia.
    * Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
    * Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.
    * Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.
    * Removed non-working "disable suspension" tweakable.
    * Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.
    * Removed unneeded image effects on UI camera for increased performance.
    * Fixed issue where IVA field of view changes applied to flight camera on exiting IVA.
    * Remove some garbage creation in Part.Update.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals on EVA rescue contracts weren't fully destroyed if the contract was not done. Added a check to clear any 'empty' EVA'd Kerbal vessels in existing saves.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals were able to be renamed through KB.

     

     



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    1 minute ago, Steel Dragon said:

    If this is true the only solution is for squad to fork over the cash for the updated game engine. Otherwise this game is totally broken

    1. Cant build a ship in VAB the game crashes

    2. Can not launch a plane or rover or anything with wheels 

    3 can not land on another body landing legs broken (unable to get a craft anywhere to test)

    Please address these issues

     

    I've yet to get past #1 . I can work around legs and gears issues, but nothing I can do about CTD every time I build anything.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Ted said:

    And with fresh minds, we'll be able to squash those bugs that are pestering you so

    Please do get freshly charged, just while keeping in mind that I am not being 'pestered' but 'prevented' from playing in the meantime. I agree wholeheartedly, people need time off to refresh and get themselves back to a productive state, just do so knowing there are serious issues coming back...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Whats puzzeling me, the WheelCollider issue is a known one with Unity since 2015. How did it make it through testing process? One would assume they would upgrade the used engine for a later fixed version - which exists. Seem it will take a version 1.2 to get around this problem. My hope is a minor Unity upgrade wont take as much effort as getting from 4 tu 5.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Quote

    Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.

    Does this mean I have access to more tweaking for the legacy shaders?

    Quote

    Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.

    Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.

    *\o/*

    So happy.

    Edited by regex

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What? I am a store user, and i wanted 1.1.2.. So i used patcher, now my crafts are missing "Small gear" and suddenly the small landing gear is back to the one from 1.0.5, i thought Squad exterminated that gear!? Also in the readme file it says "Version: 1.0.5" and yeah.. Its a modded install, and i have updated modulemanager.. (also it now won't load.. It freezes on a b9 aerospace part)

    Edited by Choice // SLOTH Airlines
    typo: "updated to modulemanager"

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Wooo! Thank you squad!

    Hopefully once you guys put out enough fires you guys can get a much deserved vacation!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, steve_v said:

    Ahh, so it is landing legs causing this, I was wondering what was going on. I'll second the "not a thing in 1.0.5" too.

    That's a reasonable hypothesis.  I should test a scenario without landing struts to confirm, but I've always been afraid of landing without proper legs as being directly in contact with the ground during loads could result in explosions in classical KSPs.  Note that it also coincides with the new CoM code though..

    Gonna have to bite the bullet and make a legless test case I guess...

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Wow!   I didn't expect the game to get fixed this quickly, thank Squad keep up the good work!   :)

    Now if only work would slow down so I can have time to play KSP again, thanks for nothing CBP! :mad:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Steel Dragon said:

    If this is true the only solution is for squad to fork over the cash for the updated game engine. Otherwise this game is totally broken

    (...)

    I've been playing the game just fine. So it's not totally broken.

    The issue is not “forking over the cash.” Why does everyone seem to think that any of the prolonged issues we’re encountering (hurting the reputation of KSP/Squad in the process) are caused by Squad nickeling and diming us (yet providing updates for free) or by some sinister conspiracy theory?

    Switching to a new Unity version will break things, and require code to be rewritten. I’ll be 1.1.0 all over again, albeit at a smaller scale. But switching over to a new engine (one that’s not even available yet, from what I understand) is not a matter of waving a magic wand and sprinkling some pixie dust. It will take a lot of hard work, and most of all, a lot of time.

    Quote

    Please address these issues

    Oh. Thank goodness. I was waiting for this. Because so far, Squad figured “meh, why bother.” But this request will most certainly spur them into action! Thank you!

    Edited by Kerbart

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Steel Dragon said:

    No I shouldn't since 1.0.5 was stable and playable. The fact that they cant get there 64bit software to work properly and yet rolled it out as a finished product is a problem. When your primary product damaged to the point you can not use it that is not the time for a vacation. That is when you pay overtime, staff up, and fix the major issues the game is having.

    Thankfully, if you have a Steam release, rolling back to previous stable release will land you on 1.0.5. I can't speak to what's available through non-Steam channels. That said, I'm glad to see you care so much about the game. It really is awesome. I hope you will also realize what the game represents. It is a reflection of the awesomeness of the people behind it. Yes, there are still some issues. Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, we paid money for it. Heck, in addition to my own copy, I've bought several others for friends and family. I've received my money's worth many times over. But this is not business support software. This is not a matter of losing hundreds or thousands of dollars for every hour a bug is preventing you from playing the way you'd like, particularly when there is a stable version available.

    Moreover, this is a community-driven game. Most of Squad's current make-up is people who came from the community as users and modders. They're here because they care about the game being awesome. The community's strength lies in people being proactive, helpful, and results-oriented. Many features and bug-fixes that are part of the game originated outside of Squad. Squad may have the final say on what the code is, but we have driven this. It is ours.

    Squad, wow. What a sprint. You guys must be exhausted. Enjoy some vacation time, and hopefully we'll have compiled some constructive complaints and approaches for resolving them when you're back in gear.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

    Thankfully, if you have a Steam release, rolling back to previous stable release will land you on 1.0.5. I can't speak to what's available through non-Steam channels. That said, I'm glad to see you care so much about the game. It really is awesome. I hope you will also realize what the game represents. It is a reflection of the awesomeness of the people behind it. Yes, there are still some issues. Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, we paid money for it. Heck, in addition to my own copy, I've bought several others for friends and family. I've received my money's worth many times over. But this is not business support software. This is not a matter of losing hundreds or thousands of dollars for every hour a bug is preventing you from playing the way you'd like, particularly when there is a stable version available.

    Moreover, this is a community-driven game. Most of Squad's current make-up is people who came from the community as users and modders. They're here because they care about the game being awesome. The community's strength lies in people being proactive, helpful, and results-oriented. Many features and bug-fixes that are part of the game originated outside of Squad. Squad may have the final say on what the code is, but we have driven this. It is ours.

    Squad, wow. What a sprint. You guys must be exhausted. Enjoy some vacation time, and hopefully we'll have compiled some constructive complaints and approaches for resolving them when you're back in gear.

    Very well said.  Liked for being positive without being elitist or condescending.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I do apologize if my statements seam hurtful or negative. I don't respond well when a developer issues a major release 1.1 then patches 1.1.1 and rapid fires a hotfix 1.1.2 then says there taking a vacation. My issue with this is where is the QA in all this? I wouldn't be as vocal if the game worked, but it does not. You can not build a ship to even see the other issues and they are going on vacation? Why do developers feel they can issue products that don't work. Example just this year XCOM 2 (a series i love) launched DOA and I still can not play it. Now KSP is RIP intell they can at least fix the VAB bug. So forgive my negativity but I'm tired of wasting my free time attempting to enjoy myself just to have the product I payed for fail.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, Steel Dragon said:

    I do apologize if my statements seam hurtful or negative. I don't respond well when a developer issues a major release 1.1 then patches 1.1.1 and rapid fires a hotfix 1.1.2 then says there taking a vacation. My issue with this is where is the QA in all this? I wouldn't be as vocal if the game worked, but it does not. You can not build a ship to even see the other issues and they are going on vacation? Why do developers feel they can issue products that don't work. Example just this year XCOM 2 (a series i love) launched DOA and I still can not play it. Now KSP is RIP intell they can at least fix the VAB bug. So forgive my negativity but I'm tired of wasting my free time attempting to enjoy myself just to have the product I payed for fail.

    I can understand your frustration, but it is very easy for the outsider to interpret your post as “overreacting.” The game is not totally broken; if there are issues in the VAB there might be something wrong with your install; I haven't seen a lot of posts about it in the forum and for me personally the VAB works fine (aside from a few minor issues, but good enough for gameplay).

    The Squad team has been working virtually non stop for at least half a year to get this update out (the initial expectation was Christmas, but the switch to Unity 5 turned out to be a lot more laborious than expected). I absolutely think they deserve a vacation, and they should be commended for pushing out these last minute patches before they take their well deserved rest, instead of saying right after 1.1 “we'll look at the bugs with fresh eyes once we’re back from our break”

    There’s been plenty of QA, but a lot of issues simply cannot be discovered by systematic testing, only by live playing. That’s why we had the pre-release, and that’s why we’re having patches. The alternative is six months of QA testing and an update occuring only once every two years. Nobody gains from that; not Squad, and not the players.

    It’s kind of par for the course that each release comes with a number of patches. I’m sure Squad whishes it weren’t, but their product is built on top of an engine that they have little control over and that uses it in ways not a lot of other games do. Hence, they run into unexpected challenges and unexpected behaviour. C’est la vie. In a way, it’s a beautiful rendition of the challenges one faces when going to space. Look at it just that way :)

    We will probably need two or three more rounds of patches before the game is back in a stable form. A piece of advice; don’t upgrade to the latest version if you dislike these kind of challenges; just wait until the current release is stable. These problems will be fixed.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, grosser_Salat said:

    Do we already have the mentioned rescaling option per single UI element?

    Yes. It is in the in-flight settings (not in the main menu settings). You can scale per major in-flight UI element.

     

    2 hours ago, Laguna said:

    Squad devs Arsonide, NathanKell and Claw have confirmed that some of the wheel/gear/leg (basically all the same thing now) issues are due to known bugs in the version of Unity 5 that KSP currently uses

    Yes. Additionally, it's turning out that there are some fundamental PhysX changes too, which has changed the way wheels work. So there's been quite a ripple effect of learning going on.

     

    2 hours ago, Kiro said:

    Were the crashes to desktop from the VAB addressed in any way in this patch?

    The editor code was refactored several times (in other words, restructured to make it faster and less garbage producing). I don't think there's been a smoking gun coming from the bug reports for VAB crashes. Without hard evidence of what's leading up to the crashes, it's rather difficult to say "yes, the crashes have been fixed." They are being addressed and not ignored.

     

    2 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

    If this is true the only solution is for squad to fork over the cash for the updated game engine. Otherwise this game is totally broken

    We actually did look at updating to the newer version (a few steps ahead of where the engine is currently), but it'll take more than a week to properly update and test. Also, there's no guarantee that it'll fix all of the issues. Just that we know for sure there are wheel collider bugs that were addressed. We may find other issues during the update process.

     

     

    2 hours ago, Choice // SLOTH Airlines said:

    What? I am a store user, and i wanted 1.1.2.. So i used patcher, now my crafts are missing "Small gear" and suddenly the small landing gear is back to the one from 1.0.5, i thought Squad exterminated that gear!? Also in the readme file it says "Version: 1.0.5" and yeah.. Its a modded install, and i have updated modulemanager.. (also it now won't load.. It freezes on a b9 aerospace part)

    This sounds like some sort of corrupted download, or maybe the browser grabbed the wrong link, or some other unusual error (especially if the version says 1.0.5). Please try downloading again.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I have yet to land something on another body using the landing legs, but the wheels are the best KSP ever had. I can actually apply full breaks to a plane going at ~60m/s immediately after touchdown without it spinning wildly out of control like a mad bull. I have no idea what you guys' problem is with the 1.1 landing gear; it has so far been the most pleasant plane experience in KSP since I started playing with 1.0.2. And it's gotten even better after 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 respectively. The collider issues seem to have been reasonably worked around. Saying the game is currently broken is stretching it beyond belief and just reeks of someone being a drama queen. Maybe, just maybe, some of you actually have no effing clue whatsoever how to land/steer a plane?

    I've also yet to have a single CTD in the ~25 hours I played since 1.1 was released. And over 70 mods so far failed horribly to make my game any less stable. You did a GREAT job Squad. Enjoy your well-deserved vacation.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I just played a Apollo-Style mission to the Mun with a rocket I build with 1.1. No, absolutely nothing went wrong, not even the landing legs clipped into the ground.
    Done some building in the VAB, everything fine, exept for parts disappearing when they are covered by a fairing and you point the cursor on it.
    Some quick wheel testing, only tried the stock vessels, nothing to complain.
    Did I mentioned that I have 102 mods installed?
    Well done Squad, your vacation is well deserved!

    Edited by DasCostaNix

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    People - the CTDs appear to be related to performance.  I haven't seen any, either, but then again I'm running a quad core i7 i4770 3.5 machine with an MSI high performance gaming motherboard.  Not everyone has access to hardware that can survive whatever is going on in the VAB/SPH.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Well after several hours of playing in career mode I was very happy to report no CTD while in VAB, ironically, as I was exiting the game, the game crashed as it got back to the main menu. I'll take it though, must be a memory leak somewhere I presume. If any DEV would like to see an output file for this, let me know.

     

     

    2 minutes ago, mciann said:

    People - the CTDs appear to be related to performance.  I haven't seen any, either, but then again I'm running a quad core i7 i4770 3.5 machine with an MSI high performance gaming motherboard.  Not everyone has access to hardware that can survive whatever is going on in the VAB/SPH.

    I have an i7-5820K, 16Gb Ram, a GTX Titan X, on an ASUS X99-A motherboard. I've been having massive CTDs. Its not my hardware :wink:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Again I apologize for coming off rude earlier. Also thank you for the responses. As to my system spec:
    ASUS VII Formula mobo
    i7-4790k 4gh
    16gb Ram
    2x GTX 970 SLi

    It is not an issue of being able to run it

    Edited by Steel Dragon
    stuff

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

     

    Referin to the UI scaling:

    49 minutes ago, Claw said:

    Yes. It is in the in-flight settings (not in the main menu settings). You can scale per major in-flight UI element.

    Thank you! I missed it indeed...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1.1 had CTDs only rarely, 1.1.1 had a little less CTDs but more physics bugs for whatever reason, and 1.1.2 CTDs every first or second flight. e8ufhasoduf

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites