• KSP launches on XBox One, update on EU PS4 release

KasperVld

kspxboxft.png

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow Kerbal Space Program will launch on XBox One. We’re very excited to share our passion for the game, rockets and space with a lot of new players, and we hope that many of you will not only enjoy Kerbal Space Program, but that you will also be inspired to create, to share, and to explore the galaxy like so many PC players over the years.

Kerbal Space Program will be available for $39.99 or your regional equivalent in the XBox One store as a digital download at the Midnight of your locale (Pacific Time in the United States). The game will be available in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Republic of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We’re still looking into the possibility of releasing in more countries, though we still require age ratings and other administrative certifications to do so.

We’ve received a lot (a lot!) of questions about the European release for PlayStation 4 as well. Rest assured we’re working on this. The PlayStation is not one single instance, but is divided into three regions: America, Europe and Japan. For a game to release in a certain region it needs to be certified there, regardless of previous certifications. There are further regional differences, but it’s not within the scope of this message to dive into that. We’re working to get the certification to release in Europe, and we thank everyone who has patiently followed the news on this topic. We’ll get KSP to your console as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated during this process.

Reaching this point would’ve been impossible without the help of Flying Tiger Entertainment, who were with us every step of the way leading up to this release.

Fly safe (preferably).

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11 hours ago, Phil Davies said:

Does anyone know when the European ps4 release is of ksp? I can't find any information at all. 

Nope. The Kerbal release schedule has always been: it will be released when ready. And it is apparently not deemed ready by SCEE.

Therefore there is currently no scheduled EU PS4 release (hence "delayed indefinitely"). Passed certifications with SCEA and Microsoft are irrelevant to this situation. Squad has to either wait for SCEE or work hard to fix whatever SCEE encountered. When the certification does finally pass it will probably release instantly (read: the next store update).

On July 18, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes. The PC version covers Mac, Linux, and Windows versions. The XBoxOne and PS4 versions are separate purchases.

I assumed since the post was in the XBoxOne release thread that you were referring to that version. AFAIK the PS4 version is only available in the "Americas" region at the moment.

Thanks for the info

The console version need to have mod support to be appealing to me, perhaps collaboration with CKAN?
    Mods just add so many things I cannot play without, MechJeb for example is crucial.

I cried "Update!" 

Deceived by fate, 

But only silence

Was the answer...

I also decided to write a poem, my mood is appropriate. Do not judge strictly - English is not my native language.

Edited by Kerbuvim

Console versions seem to have enough issues running out of memory without adding a way to make it worse...

E.g. VAB maxes out at 300 parts, have more than half a dozen such ships saved and you can forget flying any of them etc.

Mods would be wonderful, ideally part of the basic package but something you select on/off as desired, but would really prefer the basics to work first..

My guess is that Sony Europe requires the game to be translated into a bunch of languages, and Squad was not prepared for that.   Here we are 3 months later, no game for sale on Sony's EU store and it looks like Squad is no longer "updating you (us) during the process".  Perhaps its a blessing in disguise for players, as it saves them the frustration of trying to play the consistantly broken console versions. 

Super disappointed in Squad for what has becoming a laugable debacle. That WiiU version is bound to suffer the same fate, if it hasnt been scrapped alltogether. 

On 10/17/2016 at 2:18 PM, klesh said:

My guess is that Sony Europe requires the game to be translated into a bunch of languages, and Squad was not prepared for that.

Sony Europe does not require such a thing, only the store text is required - in which case it could still launch in regions that have English as store language such as the UK.

i've counted down the days to release only to hear from them on launch day, that it won't come alongside the u.s. release. then: nothing and bad reviews of what looks like a crappy port. there were talks of a patch for the ps4 and european release following this, but again, nothing. pretty disappointed in squad - you can sense they come from the marketing side of things. always spinning things in a positive light, and rather keeping silent than being honest or transparent.

Heard about delayed release for Europe (I live in Australia which is included in the delay) and sucked it up. Months later and still ZERO news. I understand if the delays are out of your control but (and I think I speak on behalf of most of the KSP community here) it is not unreasonable for us to expect some updates on the progress of the release. You say you're working on getting the game released in Europe? Tell us how! Tell us what progress you ARE making and if you aren't making any progress then let us know!

I would really like to know where squad are with the europe ps4 release, there has been no news or information and I'm really getting tired and disinterested in this game now. 

Dear Squad,

i think it's more than a shame, that You let Your customers in the dark about the ps4 europe release for such a long time (it's nearly half a year now!). There is absolutely no statement at all since July! You could call it pathetic. And it just seems like you do not care about us in any way. Why don't You give us anything? It doesn't even need to be a release date, but just a little explanation, or even an apology. But, nothing!

For me this hole thing is over. Great game, but i totally lost any interest in playing it.

sincerely

Edited by nils555

23 minutes ago, nils555 said:

Dear Squad,

i think it's more than a shame, that You let Your customers in the dark about the ps4 europe release for such a long time (it's nearly half a year now!). There is absolutely no statement at all since July! You could call it pathetic. And it just seems like you do not care about us in any way. Why don't You give us anything? It doesn't even need to be a release date, but just a little explanation, or even an apology. But, nothing!

For me this hole thing is over. Great game, but i totally lost any interest in playing it.

sincerely

An announcement was recently made regarding this:

Fix your loveing game I've lost two loveing saves not its really loveing  stupid. Why the love don't you save the planes and excrements to the game and not the loveing save its bad game design if you ask me. I  design if you ask me. I love the loveing game but I've now lost over 100 planes and excrements and now I'm loveing liquided. Update Xbox you loves

I've bought it on Xone (Xbox One), and is there a debug menu? If so, what's the button combination to open it? On the PC version (That now feels so weird, calling the 'original' KSP the PC version now!), it was Alt-F12 (well at least for me, since I'm still stuck on version 1.0.0), but what's the button combo for the debug menu on the Xone version? :cool: