• Opt-in Prerelease for 1.1!

Ted

KSP_logo_full.png.99743e7d63a15357cde91d

Hi all,

As I'm sure many of you read, 1.1 is to enter Experimentals this week! It's a significant update to KSP in terms of just how much has changed under the hood. We've done a complete overhaul of the user interface from a conglomerate of interface systems to Unity 5's native system. Aside from that, an entirely new system for the wheels had to be adopted due to the major changes Unity made to the native wheels system, and the list goes on!

Quality Assurance is the most bare bone part of the entire testing process and is performed by around five to ten QA testers pretty much constantly. The focussed testing and efficiency mean that instead of going through the motions of the game as a normal player would, QA tends to identify areas of the new content that would usually be prone to issue and hunt for bugs there. This cuts down the time taken to find issues by a significant margin and means that the content is tested more evenly – playtesting can sometimes skip completely past some aspects of a feature. Furthermore, this method allows the testers to work closely with the developers and compare exactly what they intended to occur for specific cases, to what actually occurs – this is where QA becomes more about feedback.

QA is a lot more than just finding bugs. It’s about having the knowledge of the game (especially how it works under-the-hood), the comprehension of the ideas behind the features in the game, the understanding of what a developer wants the feature to turn out like and how you can assist them in making it happen. Furthermore, it’s about condensing all of that into concise and objectively written issue reports.

The QA process on 1.1 has been going for a long time, but it has been incredibly fruitful: crushing 516 issues in 107 builds! There is still more to do however, in Experimentals we hope to only increase the stability of the game, add polish to areas and carry out some bug fixing as always!

The Experimental Team comprises about 100 testers. All of these testers are volunteers who contribute their spare time to playtest the game. They are normal players, sourced from the various communities via a simple application process. Often and understandably they don’t have as much spare time to devote to testing as the QA Testers and thus there are significantly more Experimental Testers ‘signed up’ than we need at any one time. This works in everyone’s favour as it keeps the activity level throughout an Experimental Phase and doesn’t put pressure on the testers while they also deal with their personal and professional lives.

After we have an update go through QA, as detailed above, it is hopefully free from major issues and each feature has had any needed major improvements and refinements carried out; the update is in a feature-complete state. However, many components of a feature may still be unpolished, such as part balancing, or the performance of newer UI on different platforms. This is where Experimental Testing comes in and assists the developers in cleaning up the remaining feedback issues.

An Experimental Testing phase typically lasts around a couple of weeks, though it is highly dependent on the number of issues that arise and how much further development is required to reach a release state. At the end of the Experimental phase, there are still a fair amount of issues on the tracker that are still open, but it’s important to note that these issues are typically minor ones, ones that aren’t in the scope of the update or simply issues that would take too much time and resources to resolve.

This time around though, things will get even more interesting after Experimental testing! Given that update 1.1 will be unlike any update we’ve seen to date in terms of widespread changes to pretty much any significant and underlying system in the game we're planning to provide an optional pre-release branch of update 1.1. This opt-in branch will run for just under two full weeks before the targeted release date of the final update.

The nature and extent of the changes in the update mean that many plugins and add-ons will require refactoring, updating and at the very least a recompile. Of course modders cannot do this overnight and on the flick of a switch, especially with an update of this scope. Typically a select group of particularly KSP-savvy modders would be given access to the new update to help us find bugs, but the extent of the changes this time around is such that we feel we should open it up to everyone.

The pre-release branch will be opt-in via Steam only, and won't be available via the KSP Store. We really wanted to make the pre-release branch available on all distribution channels but given the frequency of builds, the size of those builds, and the necessity for everyone to be on the latest version for testing it proved to be impossible to facilitate this on the KSP store.

To facilitate discussions of the pre-release branch we’ll be opening up a temporary forum for feedback. Additionally, a separate section will be made available on the bug tracker to report bugs on.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions you have!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 minutes ago, regex said:

If it makes you feel any better I'm not going to take advantage of this opportunity.

Of course it doesn't "make me feel any better." I'm not advocating that steam users shouldn't take part in this. I'm advocating that ALL customers who paid for the same product be given the opportunity to take part in it.

6 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

Of course it doesn't "make me feel any better." I'm not advocating that steam users shouldn't take part in this. I'm advocating that ALL customers who paid for the same product be given the opportunity to take part in it.

That can't happen, as has been explained many times in this thread.

Would you rather Squad simply not allow anyone to take part in this?

More posts have been removed from this thread. No matter how angry you are about this situation, attacking each other isn't going to make anything better. If this keeps up, we will have to close the thread until tempers cool. 

5 minutes ago, regex said:

That can't happen, as has been explained many times in

That can't happen, as has been explained many times in this thread.

this thread.

It CAN happen. It's that Squad is CHOOSING for it not to happen that is my issue. there are multiple options that would allow all paying customers to take part in this as laid out throughout this thread.

Edited by Elway358
    double post

3 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

It CAN happen. It's that Squad is CHOOSING for it not to happen that is my issue. there are multiple options that would allow all paying customers to take part in this as laid out throughout this thread.

I haven't seen any that are remotely sane/use an existing distribution channel that fits the quick release cycle/don't cost additional money.

Just now, regex said:

I haven't seen any that are remotely sane/use an existing distribution channel that fits the quick release cycle/don't cost additional money.

The additional money condition is the one most troubling at this point tbh. I certainly don't think it's at all unreasonable for extra expense to be made to deliver on their commitment to customers. There certainly was no problem accepting our money under the premise that place of purchase had absolutely no bearing on our level of support.

No matter how minimal some of those who have not been slighted try to make this, it IS a slight none the less.

2 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

The additional money condition is the one most troubling at this point tbh.

Okay, but the other conditions still apply.  Rapid release and availability in a distribution channel that is already available and set up.  No extra time crunch burden on people who are already working pretty long hours if my recent conversations have been any indications.

6 hours ago, EladDv said:

my question is how many hype trains will we have? and when will they stop? will we need a beta hype train or could we just combine that one with the regular one for a SuperHype train?

Nothing has beaten the 0.24 Hype Train... yet...

I expect nothing short of ubergloriousness for 1.1!!! Get on it guys! :sticktongue:

Okay, but the other conditions still apply.  Rapid release and availability in a distribution channel that is already available and set up.  No extra time crunch burden on people who are already working pretty long hours if my recent conversations have been any indications.

Not to mention adding another distribution channel pulls of additional staff and most likely delays the actual development/testing of the entire game, which is kinda the complete opposite of what's supposed to happen. Especially considering it's a channel which isn't really needed under normal circumstances, open pre-releases have been stopped long ago.

Edited by Temeter

9IPiZnr.png

This is just a ballpark figure, but given the sheer number of KSP players out there, I don't consider 100TB/month (plus 100TB spread amongst two load balancers) to be at all unrealistic, and is probably underestimating it given the more-than-daily builds that we may well end up seeing during public beta.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather that amount of money be spent on hiring another couple of modders to make awesome stuff stock.

5 minutes ago, technicalfool said:

9IPiZnr.png

This is just a ballpark figure, but given the sheer number of KSP players out there, I don't consider 100TB/month (plus 100TB spread amongst two load balancers) to be at all unrealistic, and is probably underestimating it given the more-than-daily builds that we may well end up seeing during public beta.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather that amount of money be spent on hiring another couple of modders to make awesome stuff stock.

Should we all post screenshots of our $40 confirmation payments for the game and then throw on the others who paid less than that from all the other outlets? That would mean just about as much as this screenshot you posted. I didn't buy the game expecting equal support and privaleges "if it's not too expensive."

Edited by Elway358

1 minute ago, Elway358 said:

Should we all post screenshots of our $40 confirmation payments for the game and then throw on the others who paid less than that from all the other outlets? That would mean just about as much as this screenshot you posted. I didn't buy the game expecting support "if it's not too expensive."

Unfortunately there's a choice: Spend ten grand a month or more making it so the KSP store can handle giving everyone early access to the pre-release version, or spend that ten grand a month on.. well, anything else. Like making the game even better.

Are you seriously suggesting that you'd rather have a buggy version of 1.1 a bit early, than have more stuff in the finished version?

TBH I havnt come across any other game where the Devs have had as much involvement with their players as KSP. So what if "only some can take part in this"? We'll ALL be on the same page come the release of 1.1. IMHO its getting too bird-for-tat. Just enjoy where we are and whats coming soon :)

It used to be a frequent occurrence that Squad would do something thoughtless, or do something reasonable but somewhat thoughtlessly, that would leave part of the community feeling hurt. They truly have been much better about communicating with us. But anyone who's surprised at the reaction this is getting just wasn't thinking, or doesn't know people very well. The headline announces an opt-in pre-release, and then something like 10 paragraphs later half the community (more? I have no idea what percentage purchased through Steam) finds out they can't take part. There's an explanation, but no apology, no acknowledgement that this will engender hard feelings. 

To those who tell us to put our big-boy pants on and get over it, you're right. But I'll remind you that everyone here has been working themselves into a tizzy, hyping themselves into a frenzy, over a minor modification to a game. How many finished theses, expanded kitchens, insulated attics, charitable fundraisers, could we have produced--each one of us!--in the time we've spent playing this game? Humans are not rational, for sufficiently restricted definitions of rational, and Squad owes its existence to that fact. If we were, none of you would be here, reading this. We are a lot of other things, however, including social. And to offer something and then withdraw it, or to offer it to some and not others, is a social offense. 

So, no, the reaction is not entirely rational, but then neither are any of you here. And that reaction is, or should have been, predictable. And the announcement could have been written bearing in mind that it would disappoint and exclude a large part of its audience. 

To anyone who professes surprise at the response, study humans harder.

1 minute ago, technicalfool said:

Unfortunately there's a choice: Spend ten grand a month or more making it so the KSP store can handle giving everyone early access to the pre-release version, or spend that ten grand a month on.. well, anything else. Like making the game even better.

Are you seriously suggesting that you'd rather have a buggy version of 1.1 a bit early, than have more stuff in the finished version?

Are you seriously suggesting that if they gave all customers access to pre release we would end up with a more buggy product and less stuff in the finished version because of resource allocation?. You seriously think that average players are gonna change the face of the game that much with some phenomenal bug finding skills? There have been testers all over this and still more to go at it before tom, dick and harry get to "test" it in pre release. Again...come on man. There is no amount of speculation you can throw that's gonna stick on this one because it's NOTHING but wild speculation.

This game will be what it will be regardless of how many people are or aren't in this pre release other than actual mod devs. You can bet anything we WILL be getting patches very shortly after release regardless of this pre release to fix bugs. This is a pure early access for a select group of users who purchased at a specific retailer.

Sign me up..although ill mostly be playing with subs and modded trains.. That said theres a few stock bugs and the new wheels ill be very interested in testing and taking to extremes..

I do drive with a steering wheel and fly with a joystick..please pm me if its of any use

My systems aging but capable so ill be happy to see how it performs at known sub optimal specs 

While running alot of wheels no doubt

To be fair to most people out there, I am a steam user and will probably look at the game at 1.1, however mods like KER are essential for me, and I'm guessing mods will take more than a couple of weeks to update. So even though I'll have access I'll probably still work on my main save in 1.05 properly.

Peace.

1 minute ago, Elway358 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that if they gave all customers access to pre release we would end up with a more buggy product and less stuff in the finished version because of resource allocation?

No. The pre-release version, as I said, will more than likely be full of bugs. It will quite possibly be unstable. It will very likely crash. The chances are, it will be filled with essence of Kraken. Steam users hoping to just get early access to 1.1 before other people are going to be sorely disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

You seriously think that average players are gonna change the face of the game that much with some phenomenal bug finding skills?

I am somewhat limited in what I can say due to NDA, but you are talking to someone who has personally found and reported some real corkers in experimentals, that got fixed thanks to me reporting them. It's okay, no thanks necessary.

7 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

There is no amount of speculation you can throw that's gonna stick on this one because it's NOTHING but wild speculation.

Again, NDA. I cannot give you details. However, I am telling you that the frequency of build releases, the amount of instability you can expect, is far from mere speculation. And neither is that horrendous hosting bill. A bill that could easily be used to bring another popular modder on board instead.

9 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

You can bet anything we WILL be getting patches very shortly after release regardless of this pre release to fix bugs.

Speaking of speculation...

I really wish I could sign-up, but I only have the KSP store version. :( I do, however, hope that everything goes well and that we get a stable 1.1 release! :D

29 minutes ago, technicalfool said:

No. The pre-release version, as I said, will more than likely be full of bugs. It will quite possibly be unstable. It will very likely crash. The chances are, it will be filled with essence of Kraken. Steam users hoping to just get early access to 1.1 before other people are going to be sorely disappointed.

I am somewhat limited in what I can say due to NDA, but you are talking to someone who has personally found and reported some real corkers in experimentals, that got fixed thanks to me reporting them. It's okay, no thanks necessary.

Again, NDA. I cannot give you details. However, I am telling you that the frequency of build releases, the amount of instability you can expect, is far from mere speculation. And neither is that horrendous hosting bill. A bill that could easily be used to bring another popular modder on board instead.

Speaking of speculation...

I've been in many many beta tests as well. I wouldn't call you the "average user." Those like you will be the exception to the rule in this pre release other than the actual mod devs. Half of these users who will be eligible haven't even read the OP as evidenced by the "where do I sign up" and "I cant find the download." The large majority are screaming nothing but IGITZERLYZ as they run to the start button. (speculation of course but again, common sense).

I've also seen the frequent build releases of various games and experienced how stable these early builds can be, NDA(since that seems like a good blanket insurance add-in).

The "I'm gonna play it and do my duty but I wont like it cause it's gonna be miserable." really is played out at this point. Pretty sure nobody is buying it but I can assure you I know better.

Edited by Elway358
    typos

1 hour ago, Elway358 said:

"BASED ON WHERE THEY MADE THEIR PURCHASE"

Yes, it is odd when you partial quote and take my words out of context to try and continue to bait me for some type of reaction to your post. Far too childish and troll-like for me to continue with you. My issues have been clearly stated.

But the reason doesn't really matter. People getting excluded from the SDLC is normal. People being included is the exception.

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

Two weeks is significantly longer than several hours.

OK, so you're saying that it's how much earlier that matters. What would be an acceptable amount of time? Do we need to account for people who might be camping in the mountains without access to a computer or the internet for several days? Obviously I don't mean to imply that this is what you are saying, I just mean to demonstrate that there does not seem to be any reasonable objection in principle to the idea of "some people being able to play it earlier than me".

And why does anyone care in the first place? Are people worried that they will get teased at work/school because "nyah nyah I have KSP 1.1.(experimental bugfix release) and you don't"? Isn't that a bit childish?

Edited by allmhuran

So there's been a lot of water under the bridge since my last post; this is a fast-moving topic.  Rather than go back and try to quote them individually (many are making the same points), I'd like to summarize.

The gist of my original post, linked above, is this assertion:

1. What Squad is doing here is a good thing.
    2. In fact, it's the best thing to do, given the constraints of the situation.
    3. Everybody wins.
    4. Even the people who can't participate in the pre-release.
    5. They win because the fact that Squad is doing this means that they will get their hands on 1.1 (the actual 1.1) some combination of earlier and better-quality than they would have done if Squad had not done this.
    6. That's unambiguously better for the players.
    7. Yay. Thank you, Squad, for doing the right thing for all their customers.

So, to address various points that have come up:

Q:  I'm really unhappy about that because that's unfair.

A:  Life is unfair.  So?

Q:  It's Squad's fault that it's unfair, and therefore I'm mad at Squad.

A:  How so? KasperVld gave a pretty good explanation of the technical constraints and the reasons for what they're doing.  Makes sense to me.  Are you saying you have some special technical knowledge that gives you the ability to say that he's either mistaken or lying?

Q:  Squad is somehow harming me by doing this.

A:  How?  What part of "I get the game earlier at a higher quality because of this" do you not like?  How does "other people are playing it" harm you, personally, in any way?

What do you think the goal of a software company should be?  I think a good goal is "make really high quality software, delivered as early as possible to the broadest number of people."  And any company decision that boosts that goal is a good thing.  And this decision does that.  Ergo, it's a good thing.  Q.E.D.  (You will note that "fair" was not in the previous sentence.  "Fair" is a good thing, and to be promoted where possible.  But when it's a case of "fair" versus "greatest good for greatest number", "fair" comes in second, in my book, particularly when nobody is harmed in any way.)

Q:  It's inexcusable because I deserve to have this and I'm not getting it.

A:  No you don't.  You're not entitled to anything, beyond what you paid for the game.  How much money have you given Squad, in return for how many hours of blissful enjoyment?  I dunno about you, but I paid Squad US$27 for this game and not one penny since.  And I easily got $27 worth of enjoyment out of it in the first week alone.  And beyond that, I'm not entitled to anything.  The fact that Squad keeps giving me shiny new toys for free is astounding, and good for Squad, but they don't owe me that.

Q:  Squad could have offered this to everyone.

A:  No they couldn't.  KasperVld explained the technical reasons why.

Q:  But KasperVld is wrong, and yes they really could have offered this to everyone.

A:  Really? You understand Squad's technical and financial constraints better than Squad does?  Without any knowledge of their technical or financial constraints?  Unless you can explain a way that they can offer repeated daily downloads of >1GB to a million people without requiring any additional money or manpower, you don't know what you're talking about.  (in case you're wondering:  I've worked on systems at this scale, and do have some idea what I'm talking about)

Q:  Well, okay, but they could have just waited until experimentals are finished and then given it to everyone and it wouldn't have been riddled with bugs like you're saying.

A:  Again:  unless you have specific technical knowledge here, you don't know what you're talking about.  Squad releases software when it's ready for release, i.e. when it reaches a certain quality bar.  1.1. is not like other releases, as Kasper took the trouble to explain in the original post.  It's a much, much bigger impact than any other release they've done, so the bugs are going to be more numerous and widespread.  It's not a "normal" experimentals process  That means more QA.  It's a basic law of physics in the software industry and you can't get around it.  So either they need more testers, or they need more time.  More testers = more money, if it's their own QA staff.  More time = unhappy KSP players = everybody loses.  By opening up experimentals to as many people as they can, they get huge testing bandwidth for free.  (Well, not quite free, there's the matter of network bandwidth from people downloading stuff, but that's peanuts in comparison.)  And they simply don't have the technical wherewithal to do that outside of Steam.

Q:  But Snark, you're just full of it and you're spin-doctoring, so I shouldn't listen to what you say because obviously you're just defending Squad because <some unstated reason>.

A:  Well, if you mean that I seem to be showing a lot of sympathy for Squad's perspective, or that I seem to be identifying with them a lot in this discussion, you're right.  That's because, like them, I make software for a living.  I know how hard it is, and in particular how much harder it is than people outside of the industry have any concept of.  I have been a professional software engineer for a very long time, longer than many KSP players have been alive.  I have worked in companies from little startups to multi-billion-dollar behemoths.  I have been involved in every aspect of software, from design, to coding, to testing, to operational deployment, to maintenance and support.  So I have some idea of what I'm talking about, here.

Of course, it's true that I don't actually know what's going on inside Squad any more than you do, since I don't work there.  But I can look at them from the outside and gauge the symptoms.  I've been in smart, successful organizations that did well, and I've been in badly-run stupid and/or evil ones that went down in flames.  So I have some idea of what "stupid" and "evil" look like, and neither of those apply to Squad.  As far as I can tell, they're doing everything exactly right.  I've seen a lot of software organizations, and they're batting it out of the park, here.

They're astoundingly spectacularly great.  They're incredibly customer-focused, they're doing this as a labor of love and the degree of passion they show is nothing short of astonishing.  The individual developers routinely jump on forum threads to answer individual users' questions.  They provide an unprecedented amount of transparency into their internal operations and what they're doing.  Do you read Devnote Tuesday?  What other software company takes the trouble to give you, the customer, a frequent and thorough glimpse into their internal workings so you can see what they're doing?  Tell me, why do you even play KSP?  You like it, right?  Do you think a product that amazingly cool happens by accident, is made by people who don't know or care what they're doing?

They're Doing It Right™.  In a way that very few companies do.

And doing things right, that way, takes incredible focus, determination, and passion.  It's hard work that is often tedious or emotionally draining.  And it's largely unappreciated work, since almost nobody outside the industry has any clue how hard it is or what they go through to give you these shiny toys.  For free.  Again and again.

So yeah.  I like to show a little appreciation.

Q:  Blah blah blah, rant rant rant, can you just boil it down to one simple perspective?

A:  Well, even if you don't believe a single word I've said above, consider this.  Everybody does things for a reason.  Might be a good reason or a bad one, but there's a reason.

Therefore, Squad has some reason for what it's doing.  They've told you, in quite generous and considerate detail, what they assert the reasons to be.  And there's their presumed higher-level meta-reason, specifically:  that they sincerely want to do what's best for the player base as a whole.  That they have constraints that they know about and you don't. That they've looked at all their options.  And they've chosen (or, at least, honestly tried to choose) the least-bad one.

That makes total sense to me.  It seems to me that that's overwhelmingly the simplest and most likely explanation.  And if they're honestly trying to do what's best for the player base, I really have trouble faulting them for that.

(Does that mean they never make mistakes?  Of course not, everyone goofs.  But if someone makes an honest mistake, seriously, spare the vitriol, huh?  And if you think it's mistaken, how about being constructive?  i.e. say it as "I would like it better if ___" rather than "you suck because ___"?  And give actual, specific suggestions that would work better than what Squad is doing?)

So if you don't believe that "do what's best for the players, given the constraints" is their reason for what they're doing... what do you think the reason is?  What other plausible explanation?  Why would they do this, or anything, other than for that reason?

Edited by Snark

2 hours ago, Elway358 said:

If they can't provide an equal experience for all of their paying customers, then it shouldn't happen period. don't try to glorify early access users as some bug finding heros because I think you and anyone with any type of sense knows better.

and

2 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

I don't really care that it is 'aimed at mod makers' and possibly a bit unpolished, I as a paying customer deserve the same privileges as you guys who had the luck and foresight to support squad less and get better privileges 

No... No you don't "deserve" the same privileges. And no, Squad is not compelled to offer early access on every platform or distribution model. Squad has offered a "select few" the privilege of early access for bug testing and mod updating for a LONG time. I don't know how long, but a while. Trying to devalue bug squashing is incredibly naive... considering the BUGS that have made it into every recently released version of KSP, typically requiring hot fixes... Which SURPRISE, are released AFTER the game hits mass numbers of users. Users who are statistically bound to find bugs that the dev team and the pre-release recipients missed.

YOU ARE NOT part of their development team, nor on their trusted list of modders and testers. They LITERALLY do not owe you early access, PERIOD. They made the terms of the early access clear. Steam offers a simple delivery system for daily patches. If you don't have access to KSP via Steam, then you unfortunately don't meet the requirements... They do not have the infrastructure in place to offer this via the KSP Store. This is NOT A PART of the official release of 1.1, and has NOTHING TO DO with the official release of KSP 1.1! I

it's also pretty pretentious to be putting down Steam users for using a distribution service SQUAD CHOSE TO UTILIZE! Attacking Steam users for choosing Steam? Petty! Sure, Steam takes a cut, but they also handle the infrastructure, and distribution, and store front, and part of the promotion, and, and, and... If you can't understand the value in that, then I honestly don't know how you can possibly understand the value of Steam's distribution and infrastructure. :rolleyes:

For disclosure... I DO have Steam, and I probably WON'T play the pre-release. I don't feel I'd have time for bug testing, and am not interested in daily updates and extensive mod installs/patches/incompatibilities. I run a modded game, and am not bug testing or developing any of those mods. Quite frankly, I plan to wait for stability. Instead...

I'mma build a freakin' CASTLE with an AIRSHIP at Abernathy Farm! Fallout 4 Settlements... It's like post nuclear Minecraft! I can do that while waiting for 1.1 :sticktongue:
    Pro tip: Abernathy Farm is an AMAZING settlement to build at... It's over 20 "stories" tall, very long, acceptably wide, and while lightly sloped, fairly level at the ends. It's also a short walk from both Sanctuary and Red Rocket! Also, it has a CAT!!!

2 hours ago, Jim3535 said:

Just look up all the sob story posts by people that hit F9 and then figured out they did a quicksave many hours or days ago.

I am one sad SOB! I once nuked my save file out of about 2 MONTHS of progress with a stray F9... I had landed on Mun, had a BASE on Minmus (with 4 landings to assemble), and stations orbiting both Mun and Minmus, and had ships on their way to Duna and Eve...

When the dust settled, I was still at the point where I needed to orbit Mun for the first time. I think lost over 1200 science! ;.;

Edited by richfiles

2 minutes ago, richfiles said:

Pro tip: Abernathy Farm is an AMAZING settlement to build at... It's over 20 "stories" tall, very long, acceptably wide, and while lightly sloped, fairly level at the ends. It's also a short walk from both Sanctuary and Red Rocket! Also, it has a CAT!!!

Abernathy was my go to for the longest time until half of my tomato plants glitched out somehow and I couldn't get em straightened out. I moved main camp to the drive-in after that ;) D'oh I guess off-topic mini text is only really effective hidden in other text eh

This is now closed for further comments