• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

130 Excellent

About Ruedii

  • Rank
    Spontanious Unplanned Disassembly Expert

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Ruedii

    [1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

    Yeah, Intersteller FuelSwitch will probably break on this update. It messes with fuel tank quantities. Currently the new texture switch is retro-ported onto the mod by Interstellar FuelSwitch (A lot of legacy mods are using this function of Intersteller fuelswitch. It was nice of them to put in.) However, many visual materials (texture shader combinations) may stop working properly with these some of these new shader functions and the accompanying render pipeline changes.
  2. Ruedii

    Tuning changes in 1.6

    The amount you can recover in costs with reusability is actually pretty substantial. Especially when doing heavy lifters. The best heavy lifter for reusability is a simple 3 stage with a disposable solid booster attachment (with on-booster drop-tanks of course). The maintainer stage gets almost to orbit then detaches, leaving the orbital stage to finish. For a super heavy you could make a separate maintainer/core and orbital attainment stage, then detach reenter the orbital attainment stage with a tiny bit of extra fuel. There is a little bit of tricky jumping around between subvessels, but after the core stage reaches suborbit and is detached, you achieve orbit, then switch back to the core stage and land it. You then deorbit and land the orbital attainment stage if you use one. (That is if it isn't doubling as an orbital placement stage, in which it returns after it's done it's job.)
  3. Ruedii

    [1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

    According to his redit posts he's been doing a lot in Elite Dangerous lately. Anyhow, I might try to fork it from the github page sometime. I'll be getting a new hard drive soon so I'll finally have working space to do actually productive things on my computer. That battle with the free space has been what has been keeping me from really getting into modding. (Modding tools take up a lot of space.)
  4. Ruedii

    [1.4] SpaceY Expanded, v1.5 (2018-04-02)

    I know I already asked this on Fuel tanks plus, but could we get this, Fuel Tanks Plus and Color Coded Canisters map the stock textures to the list of selectable textures? BTW, I love this mod!
  5. Ruedii

    [1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

    For future versions could we get the new stock textures mapped to the texture switching options on this and color coded canisters?
  6. Anyone have an update on KSP 1.5.x status on this now that Contract Configurator has been updated for 1.5.x support?
  7. Ruedii

    FPS > Hz?

    Honestly, I doubt that KSP has things move fast enough on a regular basis to make higher refresh rates noticeable on a non-VR display. It isn't like it's a first person shooter game where you have to aim at moving targets. Honestly, if I was choosing a monitor for KSP, I'd go for other display quality attributes, such as higher resolution. KSP suffers from bad anisotropy and aliasing and a higher resolution would reduce this.
  8. Is this working on 1.5 now that Contract Configurator has been updated? Has anyone else tested it?
  9. Ruedii

    FPS > Hz?

    With VR, the screen is closer to your eyes. I'm talking about when you are sitting a normal distance from the screen.
  10. Assuming it's a stock game there shouldn't be any major issues. Wheels changed mechanics slightly, so you might have to readjust their advanced tweakables configuration if you use them. Otherwise, any changes other than added parts are purely cosmetic.
  11. Ruedii

    KSP Loading... Our New Dev Diary!

    I agree that fuel containing versions of some of the structural adapters would be nice. That seems to be a popular request.
  12. Ruedii

    Recommended Mod Layout Discussion

    That's probably the biggest argument against it. I didn't think of that.
  13. Ruedii

    Recommended Mod Layout Discussion

    I noticed that some developers used the two tier trend where they put all the mods they started (not necessarily ones they maintain) in a single directory with subdirectories for each mod. This goes with the mode directory as: GameData/Developer/Mod/ I honestly like this layout because it reduces clutter and prevents conflict if two devs accidentally chose the same name for their mod.
  14. It would be nice if there was a number indicating heading. When within a certain distance it should give glideslope to target as well.
  15. Ruedii

    [1.5.x] MSP-3000 Material Science Pod

    So basically cool ideas, but beyond the scope of this mod. Thanks!