Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'amateur telescope making'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • Announcements
    • The Daily Kerbal
  • General KSP
    • KSP Discussion
    • Suggestions & Development Discussion
    • Challenges & Mission ideas
    • The Spacecraft Exchange
    • KSP Fan Works
  • Gameplay and Technical Support
    • Gameplay Questions and Tutorials
    • Technical Support (PC, unmodded installs)
    • Technical Support (PC, modded installs)
    • Technical Support (PlayStation 4, XBox One)
  • Add-ons
    • Add-on Discussions
    • Add-on Releases
    • Add-on Development
  • Community
    • Welcome Aboard
    • Science & Spaceflight
    • Kerbal Network
    • The Lounge
  • Making History Expansion
    • Making History Missions
    • Making History Discussion
    • Making History Support
  • International
    • International
  • KerbalEDU Forums
    • KerbalEDU
    • KerbalEDU Website

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Twitter


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. https://imgur.com/a/rmNql https://imgur.com/gallery/xdyAP I long ago finished making my first telescope mirror, a 6" f/8, which you can read about from pages 1-5. It will not be used in a telescope as it has a number of chips and a fracture that reduce its usefulness anyway. I worked on it from May to July 2017, with a gap due to technical difficulties and a trip to Alaska. The mirror was made with a 1969 Edmund Scientific kit. It was intended to be f/5 but I ran out of grit and couldn't afford more at the time. I have also finished a complete 6" f/4.5 Dobsonian. The mirror blank was given to me by a friend at Stellafane, and I managed to grind, polish, and figure it in August 2017 - see pages 6 to 7. I star tested it and looked at Saturn on October 20th to confirm a good figure. First light was on October 27th. I rebuilt it in late July 2018. As of April 2018 I've also finished a 16" f/5 Dob. I attempted to make the mirror but that didn't turn out too well, so I got a replacement from a friend. Read about it from pages 9-10. Currently working on a 20" f/4 - read about it from page 10 onwards.