The Sol Project

TheBlackDwarf

Added Distant Object enhancement Support will be adding it to the download next update

Earth Surface Test01

FaUddaa.png

Earth Orbit Test01

kjsRmZZ.png

Jupiter orbit

BGY0HoW.png

Hope u enjoy :) and also you can now land on some of the planets with out texture cliping ( by some i mean Mars and Venus still have clipping issues )

Edited by TheBlackDwarf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok , updated to the latest version of ksp ,

If there are any bugs please let me know

I am working on a linux port ( Will come out within a year ) : i have to recompile the source code for Kopernicus and ModuleManiger and make it so it works with ubuntu,Kali,XFCE which will take a while so dont expect a linux port in the near future .

Working On adding Ceres (The Biggest Astroid we Know Of )

Working on adding Niburu (hope i spelled that right) a planet that conspiracy people think exist .

Enjoy The Mod

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! So far it looks amazing!

THX :D

Hello TheBlackDwarf.

Your mod seems very cool. I was just wondering, is this the solar system at its real scale, or is it scaled down to KSP size? Or, how much dV would you need to reach a lower earth orbit?

Thanks.

Well its Kerbal sized , almost all the planets are 'about' the same size as their Kerbal counterparts

here is a video for you to see the size of some of the planets : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgTvHLs1Q0

Hello TheBlackDwarf.

Your mod seems very cool. I was just wondering, is this the solar system at its real scale, or is it scaled down to KSP size? Or, how much dV would you need to reach a lower earth orbit?

Thanks.

Oh And You need a lot of Delta V as of now , i recommend useing Hyperedit or a warp mod

Edited by TheBlackDwarf

Warning As Of update 1.0.2 this Mod is broken i am working as fast as i can to fix the issues in the code ,

and i am also waiting to see if my linux port over works , so far i have gotten kopernicus to work in linux but i am still working on makeing it so that the planets show up.

STRESS STRESS STRESS!!!!!!

Edited by TheBlackDwarf

Ok , now that i have fixed the code so it is not glitchy anymore , i have recompiled the source code for the plugins,

they now work on linux without errors or CTDs , i will be releasing a demo version of it in a couple hours you can find it on

my kerbalstuff page .

Enjoy!

!edit! , The mod is still a little laggy ,"im working on it " my goal is to make this work on realy low end pc, i have it running on a toshiba tablet with only 2gig of ram , with little bit of lag but i am still editing the game files along with my mod to run without effort .

SATURN IS REMOVED FOR NOW !

Edited by TheBlackDwarf
Eh, work got to be done

• 2 weeks later...

Hello And Welcome To my latest release of the, The Sol Project i am proud to anounce that i am releasing the linux port now , all you will need to run it is java , and mono runtime , and it will only work in Ubuntu , Debian , XFCE, as far as i know let me know if it works in other distros

i have also decided to put off Saturn until Kopernicus makes a more permenant ring tool .

Thx for downloading this mod , here is the new download

â–ºDownload : http://www./download/vzui2b7p82kranj/Sol+Project.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am stopping Development with this planet pack , as i am going to boarding school and will not be on the ksp Forums for at least 2 years , if you would like to take over the project PM me , ill change the licencing and other requirements , my time in the modding community has been fun , i hope this project can continue with someone else that has a bigger determination than i do , after this transfer between devs ill be deleting my Fourm acount will only keep my kerbalstuff account for moderating perporses , : Requirements for taking over this mod , Knowledge with C# C++ and Knowledge of how KSP and Unity work ,.