Valentina enters the fray!

SkyHook

I am not one bit surprised by how she looks; it is exactly as I expected.

I had half a mind to start an all-male space program for trolling's sake, but on second thought I don't care THAT much. I think I'll just let in female Kerbals with cool names the same way I do with the males ;P

Actually, in that light, did they mention whether they're updating the name generator to start making girl names? Presumably they should...

I feel like we could have done without one or two details (eyelashes or ponytail? Hm...), but I'm actually really liking this design right at this moment! I might change my mind later, but they look nice and relatively agender. It kinda looks like they have thicker hair than the male kerbals, but I get so used to seeing the males I can't actually remember.

I shall enjoy smashing them into my launchpad and stranding them in space. Oh yes.

Edited by Amihan
i really did say eyebrows oops

Only complaint is the eyebrows/eyelashes/things that are above your world viewing ports look a little.. out of place.

Then again, I've never seen a kerbal with eyebrows, so it could just be that..

EDIT: In any case, i'll kind of miss all kerbals looking the same, kind of a different effect seeing exact clones panic as your ship plummets towards the ground..

If you think it's weird it might be because of the larger gap between her eyes than the males have.
Ah, that's why she seemed a bit "weird". Still, I really like the depiction and I feel we'll all get used to her over time.

I thought that too, and it is why *that* picture looks odd, but we're not looking head-on at her, so I think it might be an effect of the angle (the area between her eyes cuts off the left side of her right eyeball).

I thought that too, and it is why *that* picture looks odd, but we're not looking head-on at her, so I think it might be an effect of the angle (the area between her eyes cuts off the left side of her right eyeball).

I considered that might be it, until I looked at the males at similar angles.

inb4 someone makes a mod that removes female Kerbals because they are sexist.

inb4 someone makes a mod that removes male Kerbals because they are feminist.

inb4 someone makes a mod that reverses all gender and Jeb, Bill, and Bob are girls and Valentina is a boy.

inb4 FlowerChild makes the next version of Better Than Starting Manned "Better Than Female Kerbals"

inb4 I squeal from female kerbal awesomeness. Valentina Hype!

- - - Updated - - -

The eyelashes are really important. The whole point of adding female kerbals is because existing Kerbals look male, so female Kerbals should look female. And the eyelashes+round head are the only good way to do it without lipstick, really long hair, or fat-filled mammary glands.

I agree on the eyebrows, they're too... there. Onthe other hand, however, removing them outright makes her look even weirder. Maybe try simply loosening their presence somewhat? The hair is also weird, but I can't put my finger on it.

Ah well, other than that, she's pretty cute.

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

The eyelashes are important for adding some definition to her face, I think, since we've done away with the sharper jaws of male Kerbals. I do like the wider distance, personally. It adds a subtle softening and rounding to her features, making her more feminine, which is of course, the point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.