Valentina enters the fray!

SkyHook

My own sincere hope is that Kerbals don't have our own idiotic hangups, and females and males have no problems in any job in their society, thus utterly ruining anyone arguing otherwise.

<shrug> It's a game. They're little green aliens. They do not have to be us. Thank you, that is all. (And they're cute. It's all good.)

Could we now have some female leaders in the KSC buildings (maybe replace Gene) or add a new position in the tracking station (she could calculate the delta v requirements to visit other bodies, for example... perchance after research; e.g. atmospheric tests to calculate delta v to LKO, gravioli tests for delta v to celestial bodies).

Yeah there's currently no staff at the Tracking Station or the Astronaut complex. Seems pretty easy to hire some gals to those positions.

Yeah there's currently no staff at the Tracking Station or the Astronaut complex. Seems pretty easy to hire some gals to those positions.

I nominate Dr. Ellie (or Eleanor) Kerman for Tracking Station, after the character "Dr. Ellie Arroway" played by Jodi Foster in the movie "Contact".

This thread is rapidly turning into

BREAKING INTERNATIONAL CRISIS!!!

THE FUTURE OF FEMALE KERBALS

World leaders met today to discuss the future of female kerbals, which were recently added to the game KSP. This decision has sparked riots throughout many different regions as confusion reigns. Will the names be female? Will Valentina be in the starting three? This is history in the making!

Special Agent Sigvan's point is silly. Randomly generated names are random.

That doesn't nullify my point as much as you'd like to believe it does. There is still a pool of names to choose from and Mildred is one of those names.

As anyone who actually lives in a country like the US or Canada (can't speak for the UK) knows, many popular girls names in North America are in fact male. Madison became popular, for example. They made up a new definition, but it really means "Matthew's son." Not a girl name.

Give me one example.

Not to mention that it doesn't apply here, wikipedia says it's predominantly female given to girls in English speaking countries. That point only takes you so far.

And if so, then there are no qualms with adding in simply female names to the generator correct? No need to create an entire new character over it, it would be smarter to just add the model and let it be. No need to appease the politically correct masses further.

That doesn't nullify my point as much as you'd like to believe it does. There is still a pool of names to choose from and Mildred is one of those names.

Yes. All the more reason to include female models. Seeing as there's female names.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.