Valentina Kerman

SQUAD

It looks terrible. You clearly put no time into this and I hope to never see any more of her.

jk, jk. I like it too, but with all the positive comments and praise in this thread I was afraid it'd reach critical mass and turn into a happy black hole. ;P

Lol. Yeah, I don't think an update has been this unanimously praised since 0.18 added docking!

- - - Updated - - -

I like it :)

My only critique would be the hairline, it looks a little plain or abrupt - maybe a curl or wave would spice it up; or it could just be the angle of the shot.

I do agree about the hairline. I think just a little bit of a break in the even-ness of it would do much to make her head look less like it's covered up with a skullcap.

I really hope the mk-2 capsule (is it called mk2 ? Anyway, the white one with 3 seats) will be getting a fourth seat, otherwise i wont be able to get Valentina Kerman and the original three together :/

As the IVAs are getting revamped for 1.0, that may be possible :)

it would make the capsule symetrical : right now it´s 2seats on top and 1 on the bottom, it would be 2 and 2 :)

(But then they would have to expand the capacity of the Kerbal container (again, i forgot its real name) because it would be useless in comparison to this capsule)

Lol. Yeah, I don't think an update has been this unanimously praised since 0.18 added docking!

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree about the hairline. I think just a little bit of a break in the even-ness of it would do much to make her head look less like it's covered up with a skullcap.

Well, given that she has all her hair bunched up in a bun, her hairline would be pretty even.

Cute. :)

Well, given that she has all her hair bunched up in a bun, her hairline would be pretty even.

Right, although it almost looks like a pony tail?

But this is my little point of critic: The boys hair can be changed with a bit of texture editing, but the girls will be limited to this one hairstyle with only slight variations in length of bangs and to the sides - yet again we cannot give the boys dreads either, so ... :D

-snip-

I am curious as to what she looks like in game, renders are not a very good indicator of looks in game.

Oh yes, any chance we can get a short animation walking loop, even if only taken from the modelling software?

Edited by KasperVld

Small feature request: could you please make sure to add "Samantha" to the list of random female names? It would be a little touch for italian fans (our first woman in space, Samantha Cristoforetti, is aboard the ISS as I'm typing this!).

I found this one of (if not) the hardest task you could ever attend to... She is definitely female, but without losing the aspects of a kerbal or getting too much of human features. Its also hard to do a cute female character without eyelids, but i can say you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Valentina will be a welcomed addition to the original crew. Awesome job guys!

Dan did a fantastic job, IMHO. Hopefully she's an engineer like her namesake rather than just a clone of Jeb (who, if we're being honest, is easily replaceable with a decent probe core), Bill or Bob. And while I understand the desire to take the easy way out and use the Worf Effect to prove that she's "equal", she shouldn't be used as a proxy for sexism (one way or the other). Rather, she should be as silly as the boys, be able to diagnose and repair problems (like she did on her flight), and be as terrified of Jeb's flying as any other smart kerbal, IMHO.

Valentina was about teamwork, and her kerbal should be the same. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.