Valentina Kerman

SQUAD

While I think that this model is fantastic, I still do think that there are some small changes to be made.

First off, I don't like the eyebrows at all. They're really thick and quite out of place, in my opinion. If you thinned them down or otherwise made them a little less noticeable, that would be great.

Second, why in the world would you give her the name Kerman? I thought that there would be a different last name for female Kerbals. (KSK uses Kermin, which I really like.)

Actually, I have a better idea: call her Valentina Tereshkermin! Please SQUAD? Please?! :wink:

...but yeah, I'm really excited about this, and I'm happy that the KSP community is so united in their support. I remember the days, hopefully now passed, when we griped and harrumphed about things like barns. It's good to see that this potentially-controversial addition hasn't had any of that.

Long live SQUAD!

While I think that this model is fantastic, I still do think that there are some small changes to be made.

First off, I don't like the eyebrows at all. They're really thick and quite out of place, in my opinion. If you thinned them down or otherwise made them a little less noticeable, that would be great.

Second, why in the world would you give her the name Kerman? I thought that there would be a different last name for female Kerbals. (KSK uses Kermin, which I really like.)

Actually, I have a better idea: call her Valentina Tereshkermin! Please SQUAD? Please?! :wink:

...but yeah, I'm really excited about this, and I'm happy that the KSP community is so united in their support. I remember the days, hopefully now passed, when we griped and harrumphed about things like barns. It's good to see that this potentially-controversial addition hasn't had any of that.

Long live SQUAD!

Kerman is a surname. Surnames are not gender specific. Like Williams, Anderson, or even real people who's last name is Kerman.

- - - Updated - - -

She doesn't look much like cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova D:

Wernher doesn't look like the real Von Braun.

Kerman is a surname. Surnames are not gender specific. Like Williams, Anderson, or even real people who's last name is Kerman.

I'm not so sure about the 'surname' theory, as it implies that every single Kerbal is a member of the same huge family. Every Kerbal appears to be the same age with the exception of Mortimer, which means that he must have had at least five thousand children, all at the same time. Which would have been rather hard on his wife, if Kerbal biology is at all similar to human biology. :confused:

So, I think that the last names of Kerbals aren't really surnames as much as they are indicators that the little green guys belong to the Kerbal species. If this was the case, it would perhaps be better to name all of the guys "Kerman" and all of the gals "Kermin" or the equivalent.

Just my $0.02USD.

-snip-

I always imagined that the "surnames" were species based, not gender or race based.

e.g, if someone named a tree Steve, it would be "Steve *tree surname*"

Note that the surname would not be "tree", as kerbals surnames are "Kerman", not "Kerbal". Of course, since aliens won't be added to the stock game, that can't prove my theory either way, and thus will remain that, a theory.

Just my $0.02CAD.

I'm not so sure about the 'surname' theory, as it implies that every single Kerbal is a member of the same huge family. Every Kerbal appears to be the same age with the exception of Mortimer, which means that he must have had at least five thousand children, all at the same time. Which would have been rather hard on his wife, if Kerbal biology is at all similar to human biology. :confused:

So, I think that the last names of Kerbals aren't really surnames as much as they are indicators that the little green guys belong to the Kerbal species. If this was the case, it would perhaps be better to name all of the guys "Kerman" and all of the gals "Kermin" or the equivalent.

Just my $0.02USD.

It's just a REALLY common last name.

Or, it's a word meaning kerbal-human, which is also not gender specific.

Or it's a title, which still doesn't have to be gender specific.

It doesn't have to make sense. We're talking about Kerbal lore here.

Dear Jool. I'm not a praying man, but please please please please PLEASE make the name "Valentina Kerman" NOT make her a pilot in the current "set the career based on a hash of the name" scheme, which then forces Squad to reverse their decision to use hashes of the names to set careers.

Dear Jool. I'm not a praying man, but please please please please PLEASE make the name "Valentina Kerman" NOT make her a pilot in the current "set the career based on a hash of the name" scheme, which then forces Squad to reverse their decision to use hashes of the names to set careers.
Amen to that. Whoever thought hashing a string was a good way to set attributes was ... well, I'll leave it at that. ROLL SOME DAMN DICE!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.