New Landing Gear Wheels by Porkjet

GusTurbo

Ok, well lights maybe then. But they still look like crap, and I can clearly see that from a side angle. (Specifically the top 3, I like the idea of the fixed wheels and they do look good, for those that like to build bi-planes)

Edited by Alshain

I think you're also missing the fact (and it hasn't been much mentioned) that in one of the Dev notes, they mentioned wet wings - i.e. wings full of fuel - i.e. fatter wings. (Unless I've misinterpreted what was being mentioned). So the fatter, fuel filled wing may have enough space to entirely conceal the cowl.

I think you're also missing the fact (and it hasn't been much mentioned) that in one of the Dev notes, they mentioned wet wings - i.e. wings full of fuel - i.e. fatter wings. (Unless I've misinterpreted what was being mentioned). So the fatter, fuel filled wing may have enough space to entirely conceal the cowl.

I'd imagine they'll just use the current wings with added fuel. They are added Mk3 wings, though. So, I guess we'll see.

i like that we are getting more landing gear, selection is good, but im not really feeling the heavy main gear. go look at a C5 or an Antov 255, or even a 747. they have massive sets of main gear. we need heavy looking main gear for the MK3 set.

i like that we are getting more landing gear, selection is good, but im not really feeling the heavy main gear. go look at a C5 or an Antov 255, or even a 747. they have massive sets of main gear. we need heavy looking main gear for the MK3 set.

9WpGOgO.png

*lazy photoshop*

You realize you'll be able to do this right?

is this the "heavy main gear" you were feeling?

Also, both of those airplanes were designed closer to WWII than present day. (Really! Look it up!)

But yeah, landing gear design tends not to change very much. Engineers decades ago found a few solutions that work well, and for the most part haven't messed around too much with alternate ideas.

Also, both of those airplanes were designed closer to WWII than present day. (Really! Look it up!)

But yeah, landing gear design tends not to change very much. Engineers decades ago found a few solutions that work well, and for the most part haven't messed around too much with alternate ideas.

Case in point: Dream Chaser (or at least the test article) uses landing gear from the F5E Tiger.

Are we getting 4 different types? Excellent! That small one looks like it could have many other non-aircraft uses.

Small wheel looks about right for my planned o-bahn style guideway..

heres hoping they come soon :)

Obahn_guide_wheel.jpg

Edited by Overland

How so?

http://jetpix.com/wingsoffreedom/F-15K_800.jpg

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/687184main_EC01-0129-17.jpg

Looks pretty similar to me.

That said, landing gear technology hasnt changed all that much

I was referring to the fact thar actually (especially with jet or very fast airplane) the gear tend to reenter perfectly into fuselage. Now the model presented by Porkjet doesn't really look like they can reenter (at least without offset)

Hope to be more clear :)

I was referring to the fact thar actually (especially with jet or very fast airplane) the gear tend to reenter perfectly into fuselage. Now the model presented by Porkjet doesn't really look like they can reenter (at least without offset)

Yes, you have a point, probably done so it can be put on wings without looking unrealistic, the huge gear disappear into an flat flat wing or it poke trough on the top.

But some more sleek would be nice, perhaps combined with air intake in front or you could stack mutiple after each other for large planes.

So like this?

Spitfire_mark19_ps853_planform_arp.jpg

Or this?

B-29(1).gif

Retractable gear predate jets.

For that matter, do you mean the nice perfect fuselage retraction of this 1990s jet?

C17_RK2001_10.jpg

C17_aircraft_alt.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.