Why des adding "K" to a word make it Kerbal?

FishInferno

(shrugs) Sometimes folk just kan't resist the obvious. Starting everything with the letter 'K' got old years back with the KDE desktop; I wasn't surprised to see a certain amount of it here in KSP. As for 'knife' I think that probably comes from English's germanic roots, and the k was probabaly originlly pronounced ('kunifeh'), then became silent over the years. But that's just a guess. I kan't claim to have any expertise on the subjekt.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when I add K to a word, I do it either to pay homage to KSP or to set my things apart from the real-world. I never over-use it, because yes, it does get a bit tiresome. However, I personally call my Kerbals kosmonauts, and they sometimes fly in kapsules. I mostly do it to amuse myself.

I doesn't make it kerbal, it makes it stupid.

I wonder why "c"s even exist, though? They're basically "s"s and "k"s. "G" has a similar thing going with it.

Not to mention that "th" is a separate sound...

Bring the thorn back!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.