KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

Dasoccerguy

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\__init__.py", line 59, in execute

return import_craft.import_craft(self,context,**keywords)

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\import_craft.py", line 63, in import_craft

craft = import_parts(filepath,partdir,rightscale,right_location)

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\import_craft.py", line 107, in import_parts

if os.path.isfile(partdir[part.partName][0]): # make sure the part file exists so nothing crashes

KeyError: 'mk2LanderCabin'

:confused:Help?:confused:

Edited by Manters

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\__init__.py", line 59, in execute

return import_craft.import_craft(self,context,**keywords)

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\import_craft.py", line 63, in import_craft

craft = import_parts(filepath,partdir,rightscale,right_location)

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_kspblender-master\import_craft.py", line 107, in import_parts

if os.path.isfile(partdir[part.partName][0]): # make sure the part file exists so nothing crashes

KeyError: 'mk2LanderCabin'

:confused:Help?:confused:

Did you update kspdir.txt? It's in the instructions :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello?

This is a pretty cool blender addon; we don't wanna lose it...

Thanks, TrainEngie. I've been busy/lazy between working and moving and all that. I've been working on fixing up the addon for the past 5 hours, and I'll make a post sometime this week with updates.

No problem.

Also, I found a reason for those weird errors: I was using 32 bit Blender!

I used 64 bit Blender (and I manually flipped the UVs) and I got this... IT's beautiful!

You're welcome! Thanks for your hard work, sir! It's appreciatedhttp://i.imgur.com/Ziu4CNX.png

Except... that you forgot to turn on anti-aliasing. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 64bit Blender but still get the same type of error. I put my KSP directory to kspdir file and pretty much done everything right. Its also a fresh blender install with ksp mu object master put in correctly.

blender_app_2015_10_26_21_30_58_17.png

Tried importing stock ship. Btw if there was already a common solution, it'll be extremely helpful to put it on the main post itself.

Thanks!

Update:

I found out it doesn't work with KSP 1.0.4 and only works with 1.0.2 which has the texture bug mentioned by early post.

I 'm hoping to see a new update soon. However Dasoccerguy, take it easy. Its hard enough to have pressure placed on you while you're doing your best to fix this amazing plugin (Trust me, I'm in a similar situation right now with youtube).

Keep up the good work!

Edited by victor tan

You say this supports every mod. Does that include procedural ones? (I do have an idea for a trick to support unknown procedural mods, but it's a little tricky. It involves running the appropriate mod binary routines in a mono runtime environment set up specifically for the task. I have an outline of the theory but implementing it is beyond my skill level.)

I decided I might give this a try, but now I'm getting a most unfortunate error.

http://i.imgur.com/gFrnveo.png

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're trying to use it on 1.0.4, it's not going to work (based on my testings). It works on 1.0.2, not sure for 1.0.3 .If that's not the case then make sure your kspdir file inside the kspblendermaster folder has the correct folder location of your KSP install. Also, you might want to try 64bit blender to see if that's the problem. That's all that I know of from reading the last 4 pages.

Edited by victor tan

• 4 weeks later...
*resuscitates the thread*

Okay so I'm having the same bug that a bunch of people cited earlier. I very carefully read all the instructions in the ReadMe and in this thread:
- kspdir.txt correctly points to my KSP installation folder and ends with a "\"
- the ZIP archive has been extracted directly to the Blender addons folder (C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\)
- I tried opening a stock ship as a test, and got nothing in the scene and a long list of unintelligible tracebacks like those quoted above.

I've seen people mentioning that this does not work with KSP 1.0.4, so I presume unless I somehow still did something wrong that it also doesn't work with KSP 1.0.5. Does it also matter which version of Blender I'm using? It is indeed 64-bit, but I'm using 2.75 while the ReadMe mentions 2.73.

Assuming I really didn't do it wrong, I'd really like an update sometime! ;)

[quote name='parameciumkid']*resuscitates the thread*

Okay so I'm having the same bug that a bunch of people cited earlier. I very carefully read all the instructions in the ReadMe and in this thread:
- kspdir.txt correctly points to my KSP installation folder and ends with a "\"
- the ZIP archive has been extracted directly to the Blender addons folder (C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\)
- I tried opening a stock ship as a test, and got nothing in the scene and a long list of unintelligible tracebacks like those quoted above.

I've seen people mentioning that this does not work with KSP 1.0.4, so I presume unless I somehow still did something wrong that it also doesn't work with KSP 1.0.5. Does it also matter which version of Blender I'm using? It is indeed 64-bit, but I'm using 2.75 while the ReadMe mentions 2.73.

Assuming I really didn't do it wrong, I'd really like an update sometime! ;)[/QUOTE]

1.0.2 is (IIRC) the only version it works with.

[quote name='parameciumkid']Okay so does anyone have any data about whether it works with 1.0.5 or Blender 2.75 then?[/QUOTE]

Seems to be functioning "kind of". Only done a few tests since returning home but I've run into issues with craft that use the new inline Mk1 pods. Looks like the error is with the mu importer and not with this addon. I tried using the mu importer to manually import just the inline cockpit and I get the error Unrecognized format 76543 4.

Haven't dusted off the coders hat in a long time so I'm hoping someone more adept than I will hop in here! Promises of first born children, large sums of fictional money, etc. if someone can fix it.

Ugh.
I've continued to fight with it and as of now I can manage to get the model and a bit of material data for whatever is the first part in a .craft file. I don't get any textures (although I can manually assign them from DDS files) or additional parts past the root part.
Anyone else have advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On October 26, 2015 at 5:32 PM, DuoDex said:

I decided I might give this a try, but now I'm getting a most unfortunate error.

gFrnveo.png

Any help would be appreciated.

It seems not to work in Unix systems, and it appears you're on Linux.

33 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

It's your path is wrong I had the same error

OK, so how do you get this to work with the Mac?

Edited by Guest

I have done it on Linux but in my old install, I would have to figure it out again, it works once you get the path right, I may have fixed it on my mac too I ill have to check, but it does not do well with highly clipped ships so I did not find it that useful as I am not great with blender.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.