Dasoccerguy

KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

What are the chances that tweakscale will work with this if it ever lives again? Just wondering, as I have a great model to use it on, but it uses tweakscale(and the program is dead).

https://imgur.com/crgB3nO

I dont know what I'm doing wrong, all that shows up is the landing gear with a messed up wheel. This is the error. I'm trying to load the Gull by the way, in case that matters.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, MEngence said:

Z2OtCwy.png

What version of KSP did you import the craft files from? I've implemented all the fixes so far on the thread, and using KSP1.2.2 stock for testing. Importing gives the same error you mentioned AND only loads parts attached to the root. Same result for Blender 2.78c and 2.79, 64bit for both of them.

Edited by Supergamervictor

If anyone can convert this satellite for me into an .stl file, I would be her so grateful - I have tried for hours with no avail in getting the kspblender to work on my mac

Is this thread still active? I'm trying like mad to get this to work on Win 10, and have gone through all the various and edits and file overwrites, and am not getting anywhere.  Does anyone actually have a working install?

On 1/24/2018 at 3:38 PM, barkhauer said:

Is this thread still active? I'm trying like mad to get this to work on Win 10, and have gone through all the various and edits and file overwrites, and am not getting anywhere.  Does anyone actually have a working install?

Not working for me either... I've tried everything.

ya, not working for me either...
seems to have a harcoded gamedata location in a file, as well as one of the files in the .mu importer itself....
i tried changing those, and it got past those, gave even MORE errors, but did load "some" of the parts of a craft file...but not complete craft... plus the parts were duplicated, but in different locations/orientations...

I tried using selfish_meme's patch, too... vOv

I have not tried this yet, but someone told me on a reddit thread they use an older copy of blender and it still works. I am on 2.79 and it does not work for me, but you should still be able to get 2.76, which is around the right age. If someone could try it, with my files from the previous page? @Stone Blue @IamIam @barkhauer

OK I have tried the older version, @taniwha's .mu importer works fine but this is still not working, it does take a while which usually indicates it is parsing the file but bombs out.

Hello, I think I found a way to avoid the 'cannot convert string to tuple' error.

open ksparser.py ,change line 176,177 to: (probably not the best way

if line.split()[0] == "modSize":                                    #(line below this one) "modSize = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)" -> (0.0, 0.0, 0.0), y<>z
                try:
                    self.modSize = tuple([float(" ".join(line.split()[2:]).split(", ")[0][1:]), float(" ".join(line.split()[2:]).split(", ")[2][0:-1]), float(" ".join(line.split()[2:]).split(", ")[1])])
                except:
                    a = list(line.split()[2].replace(',',''))
                    a[1],a[2] = a[2],a[1]
                    self.modSize = tuple(a)

then the error won't occur.

Edited by Cat91
got a solution of error

Has anyone on this thread actually gotten this working? I'm trying on Windows 10 with I believe the latest Blender and KSP 1.3.1. It gives me an error regarding conversion between, iirc, strings and floats.

I'll update this post later with the actual error.

It just gave me a "Error 1" everytime when I tried to import a craft

I installed the 64 Bit version, got Anti-Alasing turned on and inputed the path to my KSP(1.3.1) file path to kspdir.txt

I've read the posts above me so I'm not alone.

But why have people given up on this? IIRC I still see some blender posted crafts on the internet. I can only assume some of those pics are modern and people have this one working. I tried this with Blender v 2.79 and v 2.73 as that seems to be the version used with the plugin according to the readme.

In my case blender doesn't show any craft files in the KSP directory as if the craft file plugin isn't working even though it is activated.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit.

Yes I followed every step in the readme!!

Edited by Aeroboi