KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

Dasoccerguy

On 10/31/2016 at 7:40 PM, tychodin said:

i'm also getting the error where the line.split() in part_dict is not getting a proper position, and so it tries to convert the string "to" to a float for pos(x). this happens for every craft i try to import, even stock craft. so something has changed about kerbals part structure that this plugin doesn't account for. it seems like it should be a really simple fix, just finding the correct line where position actually is, but i don't know how to look at print statements from the python script to see what it sees.

the mu importer works fine, and i've imported a few parts to test. it's just the craft reader importer that's not up to date.

On 11/2/2016 at 0:52 PM, NightReaper said:

I did wonder if something like this might be the case, but I had really hoped not on account of the github not having been updated in over a year now :S

I do actually recall this happening, and it was in the patchnotes... so by going through those, it should save some hassle.

I'm having the same errors pop up, and I'm trying to use craft from 1.1.3 (and I know even more changed in 1.2). Anybody having any luck at all? What are the 3D printing people doing?

• 1 month later...

Hi - I'm just trying to import a .craft file.  I'm using MacOS 10.12.2, and blender 2.78a.

Initially I got the unicode error. Thank you very much  for posting the fix. Now I get this. I wondered if it was because there was a split on ", " ... I tried changing it to ",". But, that just have me the same error (apart from it didn't give a value after the last semi colon. I'm just trying this on on of the little preloaded craft. Any ideas. Tearing my hair out and I'm back to work tomorrow and won't have time to play :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 1:46 PM, KSP Bros KS said:

I tried to import a modded plane and this happened.

http://imgur.com/ESe82pI

I made a minor edit to fix this problem and submitted a pull request to @Kerbas_ad_astra. It's a single line fix. Change line 177 of ksparser.py to:

self.modSize = zup_tuple(line)

Works on Mac OS 10.12.2, blender 2.78.

https://github.com/seanth/io_kspblender/commit/c9c61eeb9c05ec064e579b9917562daf8a5f3761

I have not tried importing a lot of different ships or a pipeline to print. I just wanted to get the import working. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, guys, after chatting with my coding guy, I have a fix! It's an easy fix if you are on Windows. Go into the ksparser.py file in IDLE, and go down to the lump of code starting with def set_data. Go down till you see the if line with modSize at the end. Delete this, and the line beneath it, to sort it out. do the texture fix from a coupla pages ago, and it works :D

5NDvB48rrOAnvsprDtf_zlt4Wt1tb0HzFaNDywfM

Here's my 5 minute job in front of my very basic Duna.

Hope this helps :)

Seabo14

On 1/31/2017 at 10:45 AM, Seabo14 said:

So, guys, after chatting with my coding guy, I have a fix! It's an easy fix if you are on Windows. Go into the ksparser.py file in IDLE, and go down to the lump of code starting with def set_data. Go down till you see the if line with modSize at the end. Delete this, and the line beneath it, to sort it out. do the texture fix from a coupla pages ago, and it works :D

Seabo14

no luck for me on windows ksp 1+

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 8:45 AM, Seabo14 said:

Seabo14

Can't find the line you are talking about. When I did a search on the code in Notepad, I found 3 Modsizes. 

I don't know much about coding, so sorry if this is really simple. 

Here is what I see 

http://imgur.com/a/77YEy

On 2/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, Fwiffo said:

Maybe we should stick this thing up on GitHub somewhere so all our edits get consolidated into one, live, always-up-to-date copy...?

That'd be nice from a user's perspective, as long as it didn't break any copyright rules. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

So I'm trying to 3d print just a stock craft, however when I go into the submenu and select 'Make 3D Printable' I obtain the following error:

http://imgur.com/ALMjeal

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

(ps. also having trouble with the textures however this isn't so important as i am going to paint, it'd just be a little nicer to work with)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just letting you know, this works fine with KSP 1.1.3 (with the adjustments made in the above comments), it does not work in newer versions. The problem is in the part_dict.py file, I believe the parts configs in KSP have changed, throwing the program off.

Edited by selfish_meme

• 1 month later...

I actually just got this to work again with KSP 1.3 and Blender 2.78c, I will upload the modified files and instruction tonight

Gcn3Kuw.png

OK I have uploaded the changed files to github (note this is missing the file kspdir.txt from the original mod and will not work without it) I only intend to help people to get the original mod working not redistribute a new version. I do not have @Dasoccerguy's permission to redistribute his mod, as I said this is just a file fix for the original mod.

https://github.com/leocadle/ksptoblender

Edited by selfish_meme

On 8/1/2017 at 0:35 AM, selfish_meme said:

I actually just got this to work again with KSP 1.3 and Blender 2.78c, I will upload the modified files and instruction tonight

Gcn3Kuw.png

OK I have uploaded the changed files to github (note this is missing the file kspdir.txt from the original mod and will not work without it) I only intend to help people to get the original mod working not redistribute a new version. I do not have @Dasoccerguy's permission to redistribute his mod, as I said this is just a file fix for the original mod.

https://github.com/leocadle/ksptoblender/tree/v0.1

The github page is not working and also the location directory keeps on failing

27 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

The github page is not working and also the location directory keeps on failing

Sorry mate, I fixed up the github, there is just one file to download part_dict.py 

once you have installed the latest two add-ons in Blender overwrite the same named file in Blender

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

Sorry mate, I fixed up the github, there is just one file to download part_dict.py 

once you have installed the latest two add-ons in Blender overwrite the same named file in Blender

Does it work for non steam versions?

2 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Does it work for non steam versions?

I also did the instructions and it does not work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.