KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

Dasoccerguy

Just now, selfish_meme said:

It's saying your path is wrong, did you modify the file kspdir.txt to point to your KSP install?

your also on osx so your path is going to be different, you need the correct path for it to work, have a look back through the pages there are some examples, I can't help you with that as I am on windows on the machine with blender

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

your also on osx so your path is going to be different, you need the correct path for it to work, have a look back through the pages there are some examples, I can't help you with that as I am on windows on the machine with blender

Which files?

2 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

You need to modify the kspdir.txt file with your correct path to the KSP Game directory, I don't know what that is because I am not doing this on OSX, you are going to have to work it out

How am I supposted to find the directory or the location off the KSP_Osx folder I know it's in applications

1 minute ago, Trekkie148 said:

How am I supposted to find the directory or the location off the KSP_Osx folder I know it's in applications

I don't know mate, you need someone who knows OSX, I did have it set up once but it was a long time ago

4 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

KSP store

Did you use the .pkg or the .zip? If you used the .pkg KSP will be in MacintoshHD/Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app. If you used the .zip, it could be anywhere but the default is MacintoshHD/Users/yourusername/Downloads/KSP_osx/KSP.app

Also, how do you open KSP if you don't know where it is?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

8 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Did you use the .pkg or the .zip? If you used the .pkg KSP will be in MacintoshHD/Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app. If you used the .zip, it could be anywhere but the default is MacintoshHD/Users/yourusername/Downloads/KSP_osx/KSP.app

Still fails

4 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Still fails

13 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I use zip files

5 hours ago, root said:

My textures are messed up.  Any ideas?

sjdKL5z.png

I am investigating, there were some changes to fix messed up textures earlier, I will have a look and see if I have another changed file, I have only tried rocket parts so far and they seem to be OK

Can someone make a blender file of this please? It uses B9 Aerospace https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1eEgwI_YlS1OTdILVhJdVRENlU

If someone can then please send the Blender file to [email protected] plz? Plus my blender addon fails to work even if I do it right 

Plus this one also plz? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1eEgwI_YlS1Q0pfcDk3WUtlU3M

Edited by Trekkie148

On 02/08/2017 at 0:37 PM, Trekkie148 said:

I get the same one tK7uiuW.png

In io_object_mu-master (not io_kspblender-master) theres a file called import_craft.py  (same name as in kspblender)

Line 37 says something like: gamedata = "/home/bill/ksp/KSP_linux/GameData"

change "/home/bill/ksp/KSP_linux/GameData" to where your game data is (you can use Steam, properties, browse local files to help)

be aware that for windows / is an escape character and thus an extra / must be added, mine looks like 

gamedata = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Kerbal Space Program\\GameData"

The error comes from the project kspblender is built upon due to hard-coding a position for GameData (importing a .mu wouldn't work either beforehand) I had the same error and this fixed it for me so hope it helps.

I've inserted the new files from https://github.com/leocadle/ksptoblender into kspblender and I've changed the kspdir.txt and import_craft.py from _object_mu-master

to point to my KSP.exe and GameData respectively and this occurs, I don't think I've seen this error before so I thought it was worth posting

the paths look like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ and 

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Kerbal Space Program\\GameData"

3ucfi9C.jpg

4 hours ago, MEngence said:

I've inserted the new files from https://github.com/leocadle/ksptoblender into kspblender and I've changed the kspdir.txt and import_craft.py from _object_mu-master

to point to my KSP.exe and GameData respectively and this occurs, I don't think I've seen this error before so I thought it was worth posting

the paths look like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ and 

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Kerbal Space Program\\GameData"

3ucfi9C.jpg

I see that error sometimes, but the model still imports, changing the .mu import_craft.py has no discernable effect for me

I was just playing around with it, there are still some scaling issues, but at least you can move stuff around and rescale it

xTjmgy8.jpg

Edited by selfish_meme

On 02/08/2017 at 0:39 PM, selfish_meme said:
22 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I see that error sometimes, but the model still imports, changing the .mu import_craft.py has no discernable effect for me

I was just playing around with it, there are still some scaling issues, but at least you can move stuff around and rescale it

xTjmgy8.jpg

Man that's a beautiful image man, you should feel proud at that! 

I've played around with it a bit more and I've managed to get it mostly working, however there are some parts which don't import correctly (the example below is a communotron 88-88 but the extra large landing gear is another example) I have a feeling its to do with the fact they're moving parts. Is this the same for you too? cp8wuYG.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! Been trying to get this add-on working in Blender with little success. Overcame the first batch of errors by retrieving these updated files, (thanks so much) yet I still have a stumbling block:  When trying to import a .craft, I get the following error:

OoV2qr4.png

The offending function and import call:

def execute(self, context):
        from . import import_craft
        keywords = self.as_keywords (ignore=("filter_glob",))
        return import_craft.import_craft(self,context,**keywords)

I'm not sure how to fix this problem as it has been sometime since I have been coding in Python (or at all for that matter!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.