KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

Dasoccerguy

okay, i have done all the instructions, now what?

I could not help this person. He is on Mac.

Sorry, I'm still having my issue.

PTV-Broadsword ready for takeoff

98 parts found...

----------------------------------------------------

Importing probeStackSmall as probeStackSmall_4294715156

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\kylew_000\Downloads\kspblender-master\demo\kspblenderdemo.blend

\custommenu.py", line 1, in <module>

\ksparser.py", line 1477, in <module>

\ksparser.py", line 1468, in main

\ksparser.py", line 661, in import_parts

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\modules\bpy\ops

.py", line 188, in __call__

ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)

AttributeError: Calling operator "bpy.ops.import_object.ksp_mu" error, could not

be found

Error: Python script fail, look in the console for now...

I've been at this since page 3, and I'm sorry to be a burden but could you give me those instructions you mentioned?

Edited by Spartwo

I've been at this since page 3, and I'm sorry to be a burden but could you give me those instructions you mentioned?

Are you useing C:\\ instead of C:\ ?

@Jaffa Federation, I said KREE! Lol...joking aside...

From the error message it looks like you may be using the older version of this addon. Try downloading the newer version as it should now be fixed to be cross platform. I'm on linux and ran into the same problem. It has to do with file systems, as windows uses \ and linux/mac uses /.

Edit: Looks like Brian got his reply in as I was typing lol.

Also, I wanted to add The new version of the addon does not require loading a blender file. Unless you have a scene setup that you want to use. I'm actually working (when I have time) on setting up a generic back drop scene. I'm going to add some lights into it that should make it easier to move around and change lighting if you're not entirely familur with Blender. It's going to have some "studio" lights that I plan on constraining so certain parts only rotate like they would in real life. Should make it easier to aim the lights if need be, at least for studio type renders.

If you want to do something that looks like it's in the game, that, you'll have to figure out on your own lol, or I recommend Blender Guru (Andrew Price) he has a Facebook page, a youtube channel and website. He actually puts on training classes that includes a bunch of resources (textures, HDRI files, reference images etc). Though his youtube channel does have free tutorials, but usually you don't get all the special resources, though on occasion he has released a basic set of textures/pre made models (in the case of his recent grass tutorial).

Edited by Sma

i downloaded today, how could i be using a older version?

Oh, sorry didn't know. The error message I saw posted showed the "\kspblender-master\demo\kspblenderdemo.blend" part, which I'm pretty certain is from the old version. The blend file I believe has the old script built into it. As Brian said, with the new version all you have to do is go to File -> Import -> KSP/Craft or whatever it's called. Now if your blender is set to use Cycles you'll have to setup your own lighting, or you can change your lighting to blender internal which will then use the light that is in the default scene when you start Blender.

- - - Updated - - -

"I said KREE" what? I dont get it.

Oh, sorry it's a Stargate joke. In Stargate, there are these beings called Jaffa, and one of their phrases is kree, which means, pay attention, look here, etc.

For those that don't know Stargate, Jaffa are like soldiers of their "gods" or "false gods" (Ra, Apophis, Anubsi, Ba'al, etc) really. Another thing Jaffa's do is play host for the larva form of their "gods" the Goa'uld. The Jaffa have a special pouch thing in their stomach that keeps the larva and provides it a safe place to grow, meanwhile the larva Goa'uld gives them strength, and self healing abilities. Once the Goa'uld larva matures it is transferred into a new host and attaches to the base of the skull and nervous system.

To make a long story short (from the Stargate Wiki about Goa'uld language):

"What the hell does 'kree' mean?"

"Well, actually, it means a lot of things. Loosely translated it means 'Attention', 'Listen up', 'Concentrate'."

"'Yoo-hoo'?"

"Yes, in a manner of speaking." â€â€Daniel Jackson, responding to Jack O'Neill

Edited by Sma

I am jaffa as in Jaffacakes, a british snack.

Ahh gotcha. I was wondering about that. I've seen them over here in the states at Walmart. Haven't tried them yet though.

Right, I am given the option to import .Craft files but when I do I jusjust get a error message. Dammit.
Do you have the option to import .mu files as well. If not it wont work and it means you did not correctly load the .mu part of the addon.

Double (or tripple) check that both the mu import and craft import addons are enabled. Alt+Ctrl+U or, I guess on mac it would be option U or something like that. Being as there are a lot I just did a search for KSP and it came up with both addons. The first time I did it I didn't click the "Save user settings" button and the next time i loaded blender they weren't enabled.

Ok this is now seriously awsome

After some more blendering plus gaining permissions to a certain craft this is my current work.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iGeRMhrWd8p1vS1r7bu3RS0KQvwLAuxDFogY7HyoZBk/edit?usp=sharing

Nice. I've got some ideas I want to do, though I'm waiting for SCANsat to finish hi res scans of the Mun.

That's, uh, almost indistinguishable from the actual game.

Yeah, the lighting is being a pain (then again lighting is almost always a pain, at least in my limited blender experience). The first time I rendered it the shadow of the ship was huge compared to the Mun because of scale/distance.

I've got a new one rendering now that might be better, at least there is shadow on the ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.