The Rocket Printing Hype Train Thread

Whirligig Girl

The biggest issue is that they are all the same physical size, not the same scale. I suppose given the price, few would ever get more than one, anyway. I agree that if they were cheaper, I might get some, but $100 seems high to me.

Totally agree, that's a huge oversight on the part of whoever set this whole system up. The kind of people who would be most interested in this would likely want multiple models at the same scale (i.e. to show off the multiple stages of their awesome interplanetary mission). The price and material adds insult to injury in my opinion, $99 for a model that you can't even really play with (because if you bump it too hard it will break) means only a very small number of players will actually use this, and from the latest devnotes it sounds like Squad devoted a significant amount of time to this "secret project" when they're going full-bore for 1.0 and need all hands on deck for that.

I would love to have a 3D models of some of my craft, but they need to be a lot more flexible (i.e. separable stages, not just all fused together) and need to be cheaper and more durable, plastic would have made much more sense than sandstone.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what type of 3d printing this is? Cause from what i know about 3d printers (my friend has one), metal based printers are the most solid and durable models, but are insanely expensive, and the cheaper alternatives arent that strong. Extruded plastic isnt bad (my friend's machine uses this), but ive also heard some cheaper machines use plaster or some more brittle materials instead, making very bad models in terms of structural stability.

Also, while its a neat thing, at a price tag of roughly $100, i dont think this makes much sense considering teh game is like less then 1/3 the cost of a single model (and id bet people want to have multiple models that can be attached ect).

Not a bad idea, but i doubt that many people would utilize it with the current pricing.

Finally, id prefer that there are no menus or advertizements in game (launcher ok, but not the game itself). Regardless of intentions, i dont think that many people will like to have adverts/links to services integrated within the game menu or whatnot, especially the 3d printing, that considering the cost, is not going to be all that popular in the 1st place. Games like WOT, or stuff with microtransactions is another story, but i feel that integrating a external service that isnt directly game related isnt a good move, ofc i can bet if this is done a mod will come out to remove it, but i hope it doesnt come down to that.

Edited by panzer1b

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.