Gotcha! Paintball -- Just Found One of my Favorite Childhood Games!

Thomas988

51EnkVJmG1L._SY300_.jpg

Back in my day, games came on discs! there's really nothing like picking up a box containing one of your favorite games and holding to up to light and saying "I own this!" Gotcha! Painball was one of these games that make me proud to own, and to this day I see it as a one of the the greatest games I've ever played. It's fast-paced, well designed, and extremely unique. Unfortunately I was going to relive my glory days with Gotcha! but couldn't find it in the shelf of old games. This was terrible! How could I lose such an awesome game?

Now, lately I've been a little under the weather with a pretty bad cold, so bad in fact I had to stay home from school for the first time in three years. I was feeling a nostalgic feel come the afternoon, and eventually I gave in to see if I could miraculously find Gotcha! Paintball. I wasn't expecting it to turn up, so I rummaged through some other games instead. An old motorcycle game of mine catches my eyes and I decide to open it. Crammed in side along with the game is the Zelda 25th anniversary soundtrack and Gotcha! Paintball! I put it all back and rushed to the computer to install the game.

Wow. Even after these several years of being separated I would expect my older, wiser self to realize this game wasn't as good as it used to be. But I was wrong, and it was still as stupidly fun and outrageously intense as it always has.

I would share screenshots, but I couldn't find a way to do so. So, I will have to use the power of Google images to convey the images to you all.

cover.jpg

gotcha%201.jpg

gotcha-4e262a73cccd0.jpg

Now for the discussion: what were some of the memorable games of your childhood? :)

Edited by Thomas988

rollercoaster tycoon 1, need for speed, mario kart, ninja turtles, spongebob...

the first rollercoaster tycoon was great, (provided when i was little i didnt even know how to play it propperly, i just messed around building thing and wasted all the money, then repeated.)

i got the second one later and it was an improvement on the first.

the third wasnt very good in my opinion, because it made the game 3d ish (the first two were sorta...) and all the guests looked weird.

but it did add fireworks :cool:

• 10 months later...

Hi @Realskillsz, welcome to the forums!

I had to remove your personal details, it's better to post stuff like that to @Thomas988 in a private message.

Try hovering your mouse over @Thomas988's pic, you'll see a window pop up with the option to message him.

Or he may message you, as you'll see, using a members name like this sends them a notification.

Let's see, first PC games I remember were playing were Age of Empires, Worms (one of the many versions of it), and RollerCoaster Tycoon (original and #2).

First portable game I personally owned was Pokemon Blue on the Game Boy Color (in Atomic Purple ;) ), though we had Game Gears before that.  I think my favorite game on those was either Road Rash or Ecco.

Edited by Slam_Jones

Oh geez, fave childhood game? That pretty much boils down to Pong. No wait, I had a ColecoVision, So I'm part of the cartridge generation. I guess Donkey Kong would be one of my fave's, but the arcade version, not the CV version. And I just remembered the arcade game that really grabbed my attention: Hard Driving! Gawd I spent so many quarters in that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6JC-HCNcio

Edit: Hmm, I need to figure out how to embed youtube again. Also, I just remembered Wizardy!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

ZORK I: The Great Underground Empire
Copyright (c) 1981, 1982, 1983 Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
ZORK is a registered trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Revision 88 / Serial number 840726

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>

For PC: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Baldurs Gate,Age of Empires, and Age of Kings

N64: Super Mario 64, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and Goldeneye 007

I remember when game rental was still a thing. That's how I got most of my Nintendo games. Rented them until my parents relented and let me buy them from the rental place outright.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.