Starwhip's Renderfarm [Stock Craft Requests Open]

Starwhip

Starwhip, may i ask, how difficult would it be to remodel fairings in Blender? I have a handful of ships, but many of them use fairings, and esinohio's seems to be inactive.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do struts import wonky?

It depends on how exact you want the fairings to be. Textures are broken, and I need to edit the model to get the shape back to normal. However, if your craft really needs the color of the fairings to be precise, I would need to create a custom model with custom/procedural textures. It can be done, if not necessarily easily.

Struts, well, struts are finicky. They sometimes work just fine and dandy and on other occasions freak out and go everywhere, or sometimes not import at all. On craft that do not use them aesthetically, I delete them, especially if they're hidden inside the craft. Again, if you need them, I can keep them and work with them.

It depends on how exact you want the fairings to be. Textures are broken, and I need to edit the model to get the shape back to normal. However, if your craft really needs the color of the fairings to be precise, I would need to create a custom model with custom/procedural textures. It can be done, if not necessarily easily.

Struts, well, struts are finicky. They sometimes work just fine and dandy and on other occasions freak out and go everywhere, or sometimes not import at all. On craft that do not use them aesthetically, I delete them, especially if they're hidden inside the craft. Again, if you need them, I can keep them and work with them.

..Oh. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, ghostbuzzer7 said:

I don't know how this new system works but how'd you get that snow to look like that. My snow renders make it look like my tank is in a nice warm glass of milk or something :/

I used a noise texture hooked up to a color ramp node which was then fed into the diffuse shader, like so:1f0PlRW.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 9:57 AM, Chickenkeeper said:

Oooh, he silhouette on the second image works quite well, perhaps you could brighten up the background a bit to increase the contrast?

Thanks! I thought about brightening up the background a little, but the node setup wasn't perfect for that. The "silhouette" isn't caused by light on the other side of the model, more the lack of lighting from the environment in general. With a bit of tweaking it should be easily doable, though.

On 12/21/2015 at 9:49 PM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

How, in the world, do you actually make these? Like, ya know, I wanna make some and I don't know how to use the stuff for Blender. I have all the blah, blah, blah, blah, stufff enabled and installed.

Well, esinohio said it better than I could have done in this post, but I'd add that it takes an eye for your final intended result, some headbanging with Blender's node setups, and a lot of persistence. Don't give up when something's not working quite right! Take a step back and try something else if you must, but then keep fiddling with your work until you like it.

On 12/23/2015 at 3:43 AM, DMSP said:

I'm not entirely sure who is rendering now, but I would like to request for someone to do the Apollo Style Laythe lander I made.
It would be much appreciated.
Link: http://kerbalx.com/DMSP/Laythe-Lander

Hmm. I can try it. Mod craft should work, but I've never done them before.

EDIT: Looks like it's not going to work, unfortunately. Import failure. I'm going to make sure the mod is installed properly before
calling it, though.

Edited by Starwhip

@DMSP Well, it isn't playing nice. Tried all I could to fix it but no progress made. On another note, I guess I can take a few requests again. :) So if you have some stock craft you like that you want rendered instead I can do that, no problem.

Goes for anyone else, too. I'm bored, help me out! :P

1 hour ago, Starwhip said:

@DMSP Well, it isn't playing nice. Tried all I could to fix it but no progress made. On another note, I guess I can take a few requests again. :) So if you have some stock craft you like that you want rendered instead I can do that, no problem.

Goes for anyone else, too. I'm bored, help me out! :P

Well definitely thanks for trying!

I'll check out my save files.

Well, I have something.

Would it be ok if you did a sort of split frame?

Like:

| Render 1 | Render 2 | Render 3 |

If that's alright, I'll give you the files tomorrow.

Wifi is slow and I need to get them on KerbalX...

6 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Well, I have something.

Would it be ok if you did a sort of split frame?

Like:

| Render 1 | Render 2 | Render 3 |

If that's alright, I'll give you the files tomorrow.

Wifi is slow and I need to get them on KerbalX...

Yeah, that sounds interesting! :)

Whenever you've got the chance.

dmvj6H4.png

This was scary for a second. Turns out it was Tantares. Removing it fixed the problem.

2ivSs3I.png

Things can proceed as planned! :) Any ideas for a background scene, @SpaceplaneAddict? Or would you rather be surprised?

EDIT: The texture and scaling crazies are completely normal, don't worry.

Edited by Starwhip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.