Starwhip's Renderfarm [Stock Craft Requests Open]

Starwhip

12 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

By the way, I see you accidently called it the BigS SSTO, it's Bad not Big. ;)

Whoops! :blush: I'll try to remember that. Might not change the filename though. :P

14 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Maybe a Blazing reentry, and another shot of it in orbit around Eve?

Hmm, well, I should be able to do Eve. Reentry is tricky. I can probably do some research on the effects, and I know a hacky way to do it.

9 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

What are you using for the planets?

I am using Blender 3D.

This is Duna's surface material setup.

EsUuZxq.png

If it doesn't make much sense, don't worry, I find it hard to follow myself sometimes, and I created the setup! :P

Just now, Starwhip said:

I am using Blender 3D.

This is Duna's surface material setup.

EsUuZxq.png

If it doesn't make much sense, don't worry, I find it hard to follow myself sometimes, and I created the setup! :P

Please make a tutorial on this!

2 minutes ago, Starwhip said:

I think I will make one. :)
I'm also going to upload the .blend file with all of the planet types I've done and will do.

Yay!  It's a shame that I'm over 25 likes...

• 1 month later...

@Starwhip - I've just learned a way to texture a sphere with texture maps really quickly using nodes.  You might be able to download them from Kerbal Maps, and put it on a sphere, subdivide it, and use the sculpt tool to add depth.

5 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

@Starwhip - I've just learned a way to texture a sphere with texture maps really quickly using nodes.  You might be able to download them from Kerbal Maps, and put it on a sphere, subdivide it, and use the sculpt tool to add depth.

I have textures for Kerbin already downloaded, as well as specular, displacement, and normal maps. They are probably more precise than the sculpt tool. BUT, for a planet like Minmus I think I'd use the sculpt tool like you said. :)

Just now, Starwhip said:

I have textures for Kerbin already downloaded, as well as specular, displacement, and normal maps. They are probably more precise than the sculpt tool. BUT, for a planet like Minmus I think I'd use the sculpt tool like you said. :)

Yeah, I did mean more of a Minmus type planet. :wink:

Hi Starwhip, I know it's been months, but here are the three craft for the Atacama-Sahara booster render.

Atacama Winged Booster.

Q7Qfdnw.png

Sahara Upper Stage.

PmuYCbb.png

Atacama-Sahara Light-Medium Lifter.

iEET9vG.png

My idea was that it could be split into three, all in one image.

The first slide would be the Atacama-Sahara joint booster busting above the clouds.

The second would be the Sahara in the blackness of space, firing its engiens.

And the third would be the Atacama booster flying back home.

Maybe it could be like:

1|2

Oh, if you could do the Atacama being chased by a stock "Osprey" that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Edited by DMSP

21 minutes ago, DMSP said:

My idea was that it could be split into three, all in one image.

The first slide would be the Atacama-Sahara joint booster busting above the clouds.

The second would be the Sahara in the blackness of space, firing its engiens.

And the third would be the Atacama booster flying back home.

That'll work just fine. :)

• 1 month later...

So I'm starting to get my free time back. Got back into the Blender groove with some StarMade renders, which were a ton of fun.

I'm going to be working on @DMSP's request, as well as some background projects which I've been contacted about. Hope to have them done soon!

7 hours ago, Starwhip said:

So I'm starting to get my free time back. Got back into the Blender groove with some StarMade renders, which were a ton of fun.

I'm going to be working on @DMSP's request, as well as some background projects which I've been contacted about. Hope to have them done soon!

Free time is always good.

Well, have fun working on it, and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, CliftonM said:

@Starwhip - Are you using the sequencer to make the afterburners?

Nope. (What is the sequencer, by the way? :/ I've heard of it but never used it)

Spoiler

t3A20hg.png

The flames are modeled. The outer cone is as you see here, and the inner "balls" are simply an emission shader plugged into the Volume output node. I loosely based it off the afterburner flames you can see here:

Spoiler

lockheed_sr_71_blackbird-1920x1200.jpg

28 minutes ago, Starwhip said:

Nope. (What is the sequencer, by the way? :/ I've heard of it but never used it)

Oops, mistyped, I meant compositor, so by the looks of it, you used the compositor. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.