Devnote Tuesday: Fairing well

SQUAD

Things inside fairings (payloads+engines) are subtracted from drag. That, and a few balance changes, is all I expect. I'll give it a try, but no doubt I'll be installing FAR and some version of RSS as soon as they update.

Do you realize how absurd what you just said is ? Saying that you will install FAR anyway for 1.0 WHATEVER the stock aero upgrades will be is really the same as saying that you don't trust squad at all and that what they do sucks... Maybe that is what you think, but then why do you even play KSP...?

Maybe you'll prefer the new stock aero over FAR, who knows ? you have no clue until 1.0 is out, and I think that we shouldn't depreciate anything that we don't know about.

How can you not be excited about stock aero, fairings and everything else ? i really don't understand that... (cause I am really looking forward to those :P )

Do you realize how absurd what you just said is ? Saying that you will install FAR anyway for 1.0 WHATEVER the stock aero upgrades will be is really the same as saying that you don't trust squad at all and that what they do sucks... Maybe that is what you think, but then why do you even play KSP...?

That is false. I did not say that. I said, taking my assessment of squad's statements and patterns to this point, that I am in no doubt I will not be happy with what Squad is planning. I do not dismiss everything squad does. That's insanity. But we are not talking magic fairies here. Squad doesn't conjure updates out of thin air the night before release. Two months in, the major feature decisions have been made. Statements by Squad at this point are based on those decisions. We can and should understand them to be based on facts about the next release. Perhaps they will better my expectations and I will stick with the stock aero model. Perhaps as soon as I post this they will post something dramatic proving my assessment incorrect. That is a possibility. Imho it is just a very remote possibility.

But we will all see soon enough. Squad is predictable as the tide when it comes to release dates.

Edited by Sandworm

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Or maybe you don't understand what i'm talking about?

Anyhow, people, this is a conversation, not a single post. Stop taking things out of context.

Not trying to be rude here, things have been taken out of context a lot.

Edited by Bill Phil

• 3 months later...

Necroing this thread because it is about fairings. After seeing the new stock fairing system, it is nice that it is now in game, the extra control over size at points along the way and not needed another part to do middle section fairings is nice. But I think I still like the mod version better. Maybe Squad can get together with the moder like they did with Rover Dude on resource and come up with a combination of the two systems?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.