[1.4.1] Monkey Business Inc.( classicparts+octolander+retroparts)

blacsky33

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you change the way the fuel runs on them the center tank is emtpy first then pulls from the outer tank and if you kill cross feed the engine dont get fuel but that was on v 0.06 and you have spit out two more lol will try the new but this has happen from v 0.02 and love some of the new parts thanks.

I know what ur saying MeCripp, i don't know why but monopropellant internal and external parts prioritize internal one, it don't happen for lq/ox fueltank,

if u got problems for both maybe try install "CrossFeedEnabler" mod.

I can't upload my mod on kerbalstuff, i already tried many time it doesn't work, it's so weird, if u have advise plz help me.

Hi Blacky33

As I build my return stages with your awesome mod, there are some "problems" who arise for my while building,

- My return stage needs RCS, if i put it on, the parts clip into the outer tank, a solution would be to make the Ring service module a bit bigger (height) so i could fit in some rcs trusters and some solar panels. with the height now only really small stuff fits in it. i think twice the height would be great.

- Also Xeon gas versions of the inner and outer tank would be great, (for longer journeys!)

I will stay on 0.90 if possible please make sure your awesome mod works also with 0.90.

Thanks!

ManuxKerb

Hi Blacky33

As I build my return stages with your awesome mod, there are some "problems" who arise for my while building,

- My return stage needs RCS, if i put it on, the parts clip into the outer tank, a solution would be to make the Ring service module a bit bigger (height) so i could fit in some rcs trusters and some solar panels. with the height now only really small stuff fits in it. i think twice the height would be great.

- Also Xeon gas versions of the inner and outer tank would be great, (for longer journeys!)

I will stay on 0.90 if possible please make sure your awesome mod works also with 0.90.

Thanks!

ManuxKerb

You could just write a MM to copy what parts you want with what ever fuel you want or use ModularFuelTanks.

You could just write a MM to copy what parts you want with what ever fuel you want or use ModularFuelTanks.

Hi

Thanks!

Thats just what i did :-) Unfortunately my Blender skills are rubbish so i could not get around the higher service module :-(

I present:

Inline and external (with new textures):

- Argon Tank

- Liquid Hydrogen Tank

- Xenon Gas Tank

-- All are Tweakscale compatible so you can make them BIG :-)

You should have Near Future Propulsion for the Resources....

BlackSky33 You are very welcomed if you want to integrate my mod of your awesome pack into the next release!

Grab it here if you want: http://www.files.fm/u/xznlebn

Edited by ManuxKerb

Nice work ManuxKerb, i will add for next release, i need to do some balance adjustment.

For ur problem about "ring service module", i could have make it bigger but i don't want to hide engine, i made it with tweakscale in mind.(very small parts inside).

Maybe, i can make a ring service module same size tank, if it's to protect solar panels for argon/hydrogen/Xenon. ( i don't promise anything ).

Nice work ManuxKerb, i will add for next release, i need to do some balance adjustment.

For ur problem about "ring service module", i could have make it bigger but i don't want to hide engine, i made it with tweakscale in mind.(very small parts inside).

Maybe, i can make a ring service module same size tank, if it's to protect solar panels for argon/hydrogen/Xenon. ( i don't promise anything ).

Ok i see, but a bigger version for 0.9 and up of it would be nice as you pointed out, the xenon engines need a lot of energy :-)

Hi blacksky33

I just actually tried to land on the mun with your parts and i noticed the following:

A radial attached fuel tank would not pump in fuel into the monkey tank, even there was a fuel line attached.

Also two monkey tanks stackt on top of each other, only the bottom one with the engine would get depleted, the second one gets not depleted.

Any ideas ?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blacksyk33

I tested it in 1.02 and it does not work. The attach nodes are not working and if you attach a part to another the attach node on the bottom vanishes..

Thanks for fixing :-)

EDIT:

This can be easily fiex with the attachtment node fix (make the bottom node -1 etc) You can look it up here:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51037-0-25-KW-Rocketry-v2-6d2-Available-0-25-Compatibility!-16-10-2014/page222

Edited by ManuxKerb

Hi Mecripp,

I fixxed/changed all the attachmend nodes and added a part from SHI. I also added TAC Life support and removed some things who did not work anymore. Also it s a smaller set as i don't use all of his parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.