[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

My plan is to wait 'till 1.0 is out and see how they can be adapted to the stock system first. I'm not sure how relevant DRE will be after the update..

I just looked through the release info: it isn't going to be relevent. I hope, however, that your mod requires minimal editing to fit into 1.0.

I just looked through the release info: it isn't going to be relevent. I hope, however, that your mod requires minimal editing to fit into 1.0.

This seems to be the case. It looks like most of the stock aero and heat calcs are handled through backend code instead of values in the parts. So the adaptors and cockpits should be fine. I wouldn't recommend using the engines, as those have taken more programming hits, though.

Nevermind. The nodes don't work right.

Edited by CptRichardson

Edit: Grunf I tested the symmetry that you described and I found that mirror symmetry worked fine and both engines point down, but when I switched to radial that was when the directions flipped. Double check that you are indeed in mirror symmetry and if it still doesn't work maybe post a short video or a gif so I can see what's going on :)

This week is crazy for me, so I am not sure if i can post video of bug occuring, but let me try and tell you steps on how to reproduce. It occured when i was designing this baby:

What you need (i am using 0.90 parts):

1. OPT Spaceplane parts

2. B9 Procedural wings

3. MKIV system

Steps to reproduce (2 different cases)

1. Put OPT J-Cockpit and fuselage

2. On the side, toggle radial attachment, MIRROR symmetry and attach Mk2 KFANs (radial to J-fuselage), the fans are displayed correctly

3. Attach Mk2 VTOL Turbines (the F-35 ones) to the KFANs (look at my craft in the video), also mirror symmetry. That is when i got the turbines to flip (after i pressed toggle VTOL in editor)

4. Same thing happens, if i.e. you add B9 Procedural wing, and then on that wing you put Mk IV BIG RADIAL Intakes (ones you can mount mk1 engine on)

(they can be found at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101699-0-90-Mark-IV-Spaceplane-System-%2814-12-14-important-fixes!%29 - look at IMGUR parts library, page 3/16, the intake that is the rightmost one)

5. When you attach your mk1 VTOL turbine(not sure of the name, the non f-35 one) to that intake, you get the same issue

I resolved the issue by putting each engine individually, so its not an issue.

I WILL for sure be making the "making of" that Valkyrie craft, but due to my lack of available time, it can happen it takes a week or two, so i figured i give you a faster way to reproduce and fix it :-)

At around 0:35 in the video i am highlighting the VTOL turbines, so you see what parts are being used

Edited by Grunf911

SO! Question, I dont have the main cockpits, I only have the Mk2 probe nose, and the air breathing RCS parts... Did you remove the other cockpits and engines for re working? am I not supposed to extract to gamedata foder? I need help here... my debug menu says the mode doesnt exist... Can you instruct me how to fix this or send me the inline vtol and the cockpit in the screenshot at the top... (i dont know the name) ANYWAY as much as I like the probe nose it would be nice to have the actual manned cockpit

SO! Question, I dont have the main cockpits, I only have the Mk2 probe nose, and the air breathing RCS parts... Did you remove the other cockpits and engines for re working? am I not supposed to extract to gamedata foder? I need help here... my debug menu says the mode doesnt exist... Can you instruct me how to fix this or send me the inline vtol and the cockpit in the screenshot at the top... (i dont know the name) ANYWAY as much as I like the probe nose it would be nice to have the actual manned cockpit

I would try deleting the QuizTechAero folder and install again to your GameData. If that doesn't work try downloading it again and re-installing. Check the folder too to make sure all of the parts are in there :) If you are using 1.0 there is an issue with node connections that is affecting almost all parts mods right now, but I hope to have it fixed soon.

When are we gonna have the K-10 ?

Hard to say. I've been bogged down with school, midterms, and other things, but I hope to get some more work done on it and fix some of the 1.0 issues soon. I may release it without an IVA at first but I plan to include one at some point :)

Mr. Quiznos.. Do we require the main mod? as the one on the right in your signature? I feel really dumb but I'v never tried that

Nope you don't need that, it's the few parts that I did when I first started modding. Completely separate :)

Mr. Quiznos.. Do we require the main mod? as the one on the right in your signature? I feel really dumb but I'v never tried that

No, it's not a dependency.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by blowfish

Any chance you could distribute the textures as DDS now that they are supported in stock? I know how to convert myself but plenty of others don't and it will save them significant memory and crashes (and for the rest it will save a minor annoyance on each version update) :).

Any chance you could distribute the textures as DDS now that they are supported in stock? I know how to convert myself but plenty of others don't and it will save them significant memory and crashes (and for the rest it will save a minor annoyance on each version update) :).

Yep, DDS textures are planned :)

I was just about to make an A10, as well!

Quiznos, is it possible for you to make a version of your F15 cockpit that is sans the air intakes? I prefer making my own solutions up. If not, that's okay. :)

I was just about to make an A10, as well!

Quiznos, is it possible for you to make a version of your F15 cockpit that is sans the air intakes? I prefer making my own solutions up. If not, that's okay. :)

I may try to work on one, a few other people have asked for it as well :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.