[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Is there a way for me to add support for nuFAR, or remove whatever data conflicts with it? I really love these cockpits and engines, but I can't use them with my FAR install!

Is there a way for me to add support for nuFAR, or remove whatever data conflicts with it? I really love these cockpits and engines, but I can't use them with my FAR install!

Running nuFAR without problems.

For some reason if I try and fly a plane which uses phoenix wing engines placed using mirror symmetry my plane does an uncontrollable barrel roll. Is this just me or is it a bug with the mod?

Edited by volcanicshrimp

Mk2 to 1.25m Adapter With Intakes is missing in the last release!

I stated in the change log that the folder for that piece was renamed, so you will have to delete and re-install QuizTechAero. I'll put another note on the OP.

only the mk2 probe core shows up and no other parts

Please make sure you have thoroughly followed the instructions in the ReadMe.txt. If you still have issues then let me know.

FAR doesn't seem to be voxelizing the twin turbojet properly, and I suspect it has to do with not detecting the nozzle exits correctly (and thus considering the part hollow). Is there something different about the way the nozzles are constructed on the twin turbojet compared do the other engines?

screenshot4_zpsjrm6zzf4.png

screenshot5_zpsgjvewad7.png

Notice that the nozzle exit is filled with voxels on the K35-B, whereas it is empty on the twin turbojet.

FAR doesn't seem to be voxelizing the twin turbojet properly, and I suspect it has to do with not detecting the nozzle exits correctly (and thus considering the part hollow). Is there something different about the way the nozzles are constructed on the twin turbojet compared do the other engines?

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/blowfishpro/KSP/Debug/screenshot4_zpsjrm6zzf4.png

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/blowfishpro/KSP/Debug/screenshot5_zpsgjvewad7.png

Notice that the nozzle exit is filled with voxels on the K35-B, whereas it is empty on the twin turbojet.

Hmm interesting.. How are the voxels calculated by nuFAR? The main difference is that each "flap" that makes up the nozzle is its own object. Same with the inner ring of flaps. I did that so that the animation would be possible (which I just remembered that I forgot to enable again...*sigh*). It also uses two thrustTransforms, both named the same, and both of those are underneath their own objGimbal.

tPKVdyTh.png

8IxyZWMh.png

So ferram4 and I figured out that the problem is that the colliders are not closed. Make the colliders into solid objects and the problem should be fixed :)

Ah I see, easy enough fix :) Thanks, I'll put it on the list for the next update. Does this only apply to engines? I have some other parts that use open colliders as well.

Ah I see, easy enough fix :) Thanks, I'll put it on the list for the next update. Does this only apply to engines? I have some other parts that use open colliders as well.

What I've heard is that it's better in general if colliders are solid (and this applies to more than just FAR) but I haven't encountered any other specific issues yet.

Ah yes -- the hydraulic actuators! :) And yes -- it does seem to be a bit of a "magic lid" without them.

I may see about adding these at some point. Gotta finish the current parts I'm working on first though :)

Been working on this one for a while and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Let me know what you think :)

Next up I'll be working on the VTOL Rapier set, so stay tuned for more on that when I get the models finished!

ImZTPYrh.png

Been working on this one for a while and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Let me know what you think :)

Next up I'll be working on the VTOL Rapier set, so stay tuned for more on that when I get the models finished!

http://i.imgur.com/ImZTPYrh.png

Awesome!!!!! Finally a dual-nuke engine! :D

Side-note: Can someone make a tutorial on how to properly set up the vtol wing fan thingys?

Awesome!!!!! Finally a dual-nuke engine! :D

Side-note: Can someone make a tutorial on how to properly set up the vtol wing fan thingys?

I set up the wing so that the side with the flag is "up", so the default thrustTransform is pointing opposite of the flag side. When you place the wings in symmetry you then have to reverse the thrust on the wing that now has the flag pointed at the floor. If you first place a wing upside down then you will have to reverse that one and leave the other at default. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.