[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

I'd like to be able to see QuizTech in the "sort by manufacturer" mode of the parts-selector. Would make finding certain parts a lot easier.

I could try to see about that :)

Those are great parts!

Might I suggest creating node only variants of the VTOL parts?

Especially the Razor and K35B parts would be great with nodes instead of engines. It would allow the usage of eg rocket engines in VTOL configuration.

As a long term prospect, it might even be possible to give them inferal robotics code, to allow thrust vector adjustments during flight.

And although that would be one direction only, it would also solve the space shuttle thrust design problem (if the cover could be deactivated, which opens up when the engine goes into VTOL config).

Thanks :) I could see about this too, just gotta find time! My summer is going to be pretty busy but I will try to work on some things when I can :)

I'd like to be able to see QuizTech in the "sort by manufacturer" mode of the parts-selector. Would make finding certain parts a lot easier.

Use Filter Extensions. It changes the "sort by manufacturer" into a kind of "sort by mod" category.

Any estimate of how long it'll be until 1.0.4 support is added?

It'll be when I find some down time to fix up some issues. I've been busy with a new job and haven't been able to do much unfortunately. I'll see what I can do when I have the opportunity :)

It'll be when I find some down time to fix up some issues. I've been busy with a new job and haven't been able to do much unfortunately. I'll see what I can do when I have the opportunity :)

I'm looking forward to it, I love this mod!!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to test the cause yet, but I am not able to open/close the new service bay in or out of the VAB, nor assign it to action groups. Relatedly, whenever a vessel is loaded, or whenever a new service bay is selected, the close animation is immediately played. Is this a know bug? I know that the latest version is not listed as working with 1.0.4, but this is the only problem I've encountered.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor issue with the config patches: the HotRockets patches should be :NEEDS[HotRockets]:FOR[QuizTechAero] rather than :FOR[HotRockets]. :FOR[HotRockets] tells MM that the HotRockets mod exists even if it doesn't.

EDIT: It should also be MP_Nazari rather than HotRockets

Edited by blowfish

awesome mod dude, but i must bring something up to you. i feel that you have somehow misplaced, or completely forgotten about, Mk2 Fuselages. i can't find anything of the sort to make the plane that i wish to make, which requires kerosene, and that is only in the stock parts i have... think you can work on that or help me find the parts i need??? thanks

EDIT: so i couldn't help but notice my problem also. figured out that you used the stock Mk2 fuselage, but for some reason, it turned out like this...

4MDU1ap

(broken picture, here is the site: https://imgur.com/4MDU1ap )

any idea on how i can fix this??

Edited by Corinlee
found a problem

I have a question. The Thunderbolt cockpit is giving me a great deal of trouble with several of it's buttons and features. For example, I can't get the back button to work correctly with VesselViewer, nor with the Mechjeb. Everytime I try to hit 'back', it just takes me to the core menu for those things, and reentering the tool brings me back to the screen I was at.

Hey all, I've been reading your comments and have noted all of the issues that you guys are facing. It's been a while since I've had any time at all to work on this project, but I have some ideas for more parts in the future, so stay tuned. I will try to update for 1.0.4 soon, but in the meantime you can have a look at this which I worked on today..

I5Zp0ifl.png

Rover/Shuttle Cockpit :)

FBCZra2l.png

More progress^

Edited by Quiznos323

Hey Quiznos, one more suggestion for the next release: change the first animation of your service bay to use ModuleAnimateGeneric, e.g.:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = CloseTop
startEventGUIName = Close Top Doors
endEventGUIName = Open Top Doors
actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors
}

The issue is that FSanimateGeneric doesn't implement the IScalarModule interface that ModuleCargoBay needs to work, so things inside the bay don't actually get shielded. (Easy way to check: put in some deployable solar panels, bind them to an action group, and try to deploy them while the bay is closed. If they open, the bay isn't shielding anything.) I've tried to add IScalarModule to FSanimateGeneric, but haven't succeeded (and it doesn't seem to have caught the attention of anyone more experienced than I). In the meantime, you should just change that module. Thanks!

@minepaga: I will look into FAR compatibility for sure :)

@Kerbas_ad_astra: Thanks for spotting that, I will see if I can get it fixed using the method you suggested.

For the next update I'm thinking helicopters....Anyone interested? :)

Apache inspired attack helicopter cockpit. Will have a stock-a-like texture and also instruments added to the nose :)

XO7R4ioh.png

Cargo helicopter fuselages inspired by the CH-47 Chinook. Once I figure out the lengths I want for them I'll add windows. I envision at least two different length fuselage pieces, a cargo ramp tail section, an adapter to 2.5m, and a cockpit to match :)

DgjrJB8h.png

Quiztech is Back! with a strong return too!

(I'm Wafle)

Love the new shuttle command pod, and btw, if you're gonna make chinook parts you need adapters/cockpits for it.

Edited by Kozak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.